• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Out of all the games GB loves, Geometry Wars is by far the weirdest. Nothing about this games stands out to me. If it came out today, nobody would care. There, I said it.

Edit: Upps, wrong GB thread I guess.

Geometry Wars is a mediocre game

What difficulty should I play Doom on considering I typically hate FPS games and haven't finished one since Portal 2?

Easy.

Why ask? You practically answered your own question. Portal 2 isn't really even an FPS.

Out of all the games GB loves, Geometry Wars is by far the weirdest. Nothing about this games stands out to me. If it came out today, nobody would care. There, I said it.

The numbers go up.

Joeku

I am getting constant Split/Second ads at the top of the page on GAF. I can only assume it has to do with Giant Bomb, and I'm not sure why. It even says "In stores now" for Xbox 360 and PS3. Not even an ad for steam.

Who's fault is this.

I'm ready for 365 days of Giant Bomb goodness.

Hopefully more Hitman shenanigans are on the horizon.

I might start listening to all their podcasts.

I'm gonna become a GB Groupie.

pizzacat

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiBUCIH3SSQ

Jeff seems like he is in a real happy place.
480x_346053.jpg

OkayRene

Just finished playing Virginia. I'm with Alex, that game would be much better served as a film. That said, the visuals and music in that game are excellent. I can kind of see why Vinny cautiously likened it to a rhythm game.

I also played Abzu last night, and it's early cut from Best Style lead me to believe that I do not understand that category.

Steam's native Dualshock 4 support and keybinding is pretty neat. Nice to have support for that stuff that isnt some janky piece of freeware

Anyway Let me tell you about a little game called Final Fantasy 8.

Your sword has a gun in it.

You start out with summons. Aint no waiting 6 hours for that. You got 3 by the end of the first boss fight.

Everyone in the game seems like a asshole.

As part of your exam the preppy asshole military school sends you on a D Day style mission and you fight a gaint mech spider.

Triple Triad >>>> Gwent

Other then playing through Disc 1 when it hit PSN I havent played all that much FF8 since the original release (until today. YAY steam sale)

But yeah. I have a worm spot for that game.

Was the first game that really hooked me. I remember I broke the 100 hour mark on it.

But TBH the only reason FFVII didnt hook me was because I never actually owned a copy. I somehow played that entire game as a kid by borrowing various copies of it / getting the dsic someone else wasnt using.

ANYWAY let me tell you about vehicles on the world map because FF8 has a few. You can rent a car. Get on a train. You get a airship. That preppy college you are a member of? That entire campus can FLY!

sixghost

I was compelled to pick up event[0] based on Vinny and Drew's talk about it on the GOTY deliberations, but I have to say, I think they oversold it a bit.

I never really felt compelled to actually "talk" with the AI beyond giving it really simple commands, and the few times I did try, I didn't feel like my responses felt anywhere close to natural.

I was just going to post something similar. Most of the times I tried to ask it anything other than simple, plot-centric questions I would get a response that made no sense. Same if I tried to get more detail about something it just told me. In situations like those, it seemed like it was just picking up on a keyword in my question and giving some response related to that even if that didn't answer my question at all. At first I thought that might mean that my question touched on a subject the computer didn't want to discuss, so it was changing the subject, but that pretty clearly wasn't the case. Then the computer got mad at me for seemingly no reason and the game started crashing 10 minutes later. The game just didn't seem very good.

Not to mention the game ran like crap, had tons of mouse lag even with VSync off, and the controls were really weird. I'm glad I was able to get a refund.

I ended up starting on Hurt Me Plenty. It's pretty easy so far, so I think I made the right choice. I'm sure it will get harder.

Mr. F

Banned
I am getting constant Split/Second ads at the top of the page on GAF. I can only assume it has to do with Giant Bomb, and I'm not sure why. It even says "In stores now" for Xbox 360 and PS3. Not even an ad for steam.

Who's fault is this.

I was about to post this. So odd

ArjanN

I played Doom on the easiest difficulty and had a hell of a lot of fun with it.

Even the hardest difficulty in Doom isn't hard honestly, except for the unlockable one where you restart on death and that is just more annoying.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Geometry Wars is a really good arcade game, basically. The love is justified, but they also have some weird 360 release nostalgia for it.

Oh and Witcher 3 and my ocd might kill me:
unbenannt3xhsm0.png

Missing one fucking card...

Geometry Wars is a really good arcade game, basically. The love is justified, but they also have some weird 360 release nostalgia for it.

Oh and Witcher 3 and my ocd might kill me:
unbenannt3xhsm0.png

Missing one fucking card...

Just cheat engine it.

jwhit28

Can anyone remind which video it was where Dan explained his GnR prank while John Drake and Dave Lang were there?

Re-Watching the Hyper Light Drifter quicklook... Maybe I should play that game afterall.

You really should.

Just finished replaying The Wolf Among Us. Still, overall, probably my favorite Telltale game. How have we not gotten another season of this?

This, TWD season 1 and Tales From The Borderlands are my favorites. Going to try out Batman next week and see how that is since Alex sold me on the premise.

Good streamin', rudds!

SJQBvw7.gif

...Rorie?

x0QoL1N.gif

Can anyone remind which video it was where Dan explained his GnR prank while John Drake and Dave Lang were there?

This one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom