• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Stantron

Does anyone still have the information from the leak? Can they post it?

Source
The “Rebellion” Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade’s jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons as well as equipment, consumables, and six new classes: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard.

* Included are two new maps: “Firebase Jade’s” jungle reservoir & Firebase Goddess on Thessia
* In-game reinforcements have three new weapons along with equipments/consumables
* And the biggest surprise, 4 new classes: Vorcha Soldier & Sentinel, and Phoenix Adept & Vanguard

EekTheKat

Uh..

Anyone else on PS3 just get two more commendation packs?

One says "You have received this reward because the community met the challenge of the Operation Goliath event"

One says "You have received this reward because the community met the challenge of the Operation Raptor event".

Did Bioware hand these out to PS3 players who couldn't participate in those previous Operations? Or is this another trap?

Uh..

One says "You have received this reward because the community met the challenge of the Operation Goliath event"

One says "You have received this reward because the community met the challenge of the Operation Raptor event".

Did Bioware hand these out to PS3 players who couldn't participate in those previous Operations? Or is this another trap?

Did you got weapons ?

Mindlog

Making Jumbo Equipment Packs permanent is one of the best moves they could make. It's much more fun playing without worrying about conserving equipment.

5/5 Great move Bioware.

The Spectre Packs I do not care for -_-
Will revisit those when DLC hits.

Derek Hollan wrote...

Yes, the Premium Spectre and Jumbo Equipment packs are permanent additions to the store.
Enjoy!

Chocobro

That's great! I hope to get most of my gold guns to X before the future DLC arrives.

Think they'll add a pack for ultra-rares? I still want a Saber..

Making Jumbo Equipment Packs permanent is one of the best moves they could make. It's much more fun playing without worrying about conserving equipment.

5/5 Great move Bioware.

The Spectre Packs I do not care for -_-
Will revisit those when DLC hits.

Even better the Premium Spectre Packs are permanent editions. Great news!

Uh..

Yep, I just got two more packs as well! I got the N7 Valiant and the N7 Hurricane!They also added the premium spectre pack and jump equipment packs. looks like they are both permanent now.

X-Frame

Phoenix's are def Protheans .. what other race could they be? Are there any other ME races besides Volus' that have movement animations not in the MP?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Phoenix's are def Protheans .. what other race could they be? Are there any other ME races besides Volus' that have movement animations not in the MP?

And Adepts + Vanguards make sense for Protheans. Just give them Dark Channel on Vanguard and Slam on Adept with something else and there you go.

looks like the packs are for the previous two N7 challenges that weren't on the PS3.

EDIT: yep, its official:

Attention PlayStation 3 soldiers, we have some great news. After working closely with Sony we are now able to offer you the multiplayer Commendation Packs for Operation Goliath and Operation Raptor, held previously this year. On Wednesday, May 9, please login and check the in-game store for your Goliath and Raptor packs, free of charge.

This weekend is Operation Silencer, and you will need all the firepower you can get your hands on. Rally your squad, prepare your arsenal, and get ready to give the Reapers hell.

*Please note that pack delivery times may vary.

Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/09/n7-operations-status-update/

As much as I would love to see protheans, it doesn't make any sens in all that rp that mp in trying to pull off

X-Frame

And Adepts + Vanguards make sense for Protheans. Just give them Dark Channel on Vanguard and Slam on Adept with something else and there you go.

Yeah definitely. I'm excited for that. Slam and Dark Channel OMG.

I know people don't feel they will fit the lore but clearly BW is going to make something up. There was 1 confirmed stasis pod there will potentially be 2 more found.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
The only other things I think "Phoenix" could be are the walking androids in ME2 and 3. From Ashes probably means it's Protheans.

Ji66a-Man

Holy cow - how many Ultra rare weapons do you get on average per week? I've played a TON, yet my luck with Ultra rares is no good... :(

Aside from the crappy indra, I have gotten an ultra rare unlock in the past 3 weeks. And I have played ~30 hrs each of those weeks.

I average about 2~3 Ultra Rare unlocks a week, but some days are luckier than others.

Mindlog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 9, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shockwave Power
- Base damage increased from 200 to 300
- Base force increased from 600 to 700
- Rank 3 damage and force bonus increased from 20% to 25%
- Evolution 3 bonus to biotic combos increased from 50% to 65%

Incinerate Power
- Evolution 3 bonus damage-over-time increased from 40% to 50%

Lift Grenade
- Base damage increased from 500 to 750

Marksman Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 8 to 6 seconds

Adrenaline Rush Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 10 to 6 seconds

Ballistic Blade Power
- Fixed evolution 2 to increase the cone angle to 110 degrees instead of 360 degrees

Cerberus Centurion
- Reduced ideal range from target from 12 meters to 8 meters
- Reduced ideal max range from target from 40 meters to 35 meters
- (Silver) Increased max amount of shields regenerated from 50% to 60%
- (Silver) Reduced delay before shields start regenerating from 7.5 seconds to 7 seconds
- (Silver) Health increased from 1125 to 1240
- (Gold) Increased max amount of shields regenerated from 60% to 75%
- (Gold) Reduced delay before shields start regenerating from 6.5 seconds to 6 seconds
- (Gold) Health increased from 1687.5 to 1860
They fixed the Batarian Biotic Blade bug, boooo.

Cat Party

You know what's going to happen this weekend. Every Quick Match on Gold difficulty will be with Reapers.

lol, maybe people will try that once, but then run away from it and never go back. I've never even tried, but don't you get Brutes on wave 1? Silver is hard enough versus the Reapers, and you get quite a few Banshees.

Ji66a-Man

lol, maybe people will try that once, but then run away from it and never go back. I've never even tried, but don't you get Brutes on wave 1? Silver is hard enough versus the Reapers, and you get quite a few Banshees.

Brutes start spawning on wave 2 on Gold. Everything usually goes south once 2 banshees spawn at once.

Tzeentch

I am going to be a bit surprised if the community goal is met (legitimately met: no doubt they will just autosuccess it no matter what). Banshees are quite possibly the most BS enemies in the entire game - made worse by their rubber-band instant death moves and general bullet-sponge nature.

Every squad goal being Gold extraction is lame :(

Bisnic

I am going to be a bit surprised if the community goal is met (legitimately met: no doubt they will just autosuccess it no matter what). Banshees are quite possibly the most BS enemies in the entire game - made worse by their rubber-band instant death moves and general bullet-sponge nature.

Every squad goal being Gold extraction is lame :(

Its not like you need to kill banshees only on gold to do it. People can just do it on silver or bronze.

Tzeentch

Have you played Reaper Silver lately? I don't know what they did exactly to the wavebudgets, but it got a lot harder recently. All my friends just do Cerberus and Geth runs now to avoid that insanity.

Replicant

Banshees are easy kill if you have fire-based ammo or Geth Engineer's Sentry Turret with Full Flame for close contact enemies. It's a shame that Kingdom of Amalur gun (Chakram Launcher) is not available in MP but that gun is also effective against Banshees. Geth Engineer's turret will also stop Banshee in their track (always throw the turret near Banshees for effective result), allowing you to fire at her for a while before she moves again.

Have you played Reaper Silver lately? I don't know what they did exactly to the wavebudgets, but it got a lot harder recently. All my friends just do Cerberus and Geth runs now to avoid that insanity.

Those Reaper Rachnis (I forgot their actual name) seem to fire faster and stronger bombs lately. They can kill you fast. Combine that with Banshees and Brutes attacking you at the same time and your team is pretty much a goner. That's why it's a good idea to take out the Rachnis as soon as possible the minute you see them.

Bisnic

I mostly play Silver, so yes. They're the hardest of the three, but still feasible. I mostly focus on the Ravagers, their fucking missiles can be more of a pain in the ass than any brutes or banshees.

sophora

Yeah, Reapers have been crazy hard on my Silver runs. Do dig the addition of Super Spectre and Equipment Packs to the store permamently. Hopefully I can find a good team to do Gold this weekend on randoms...Does it have to be Reaper on gold or all enemy types on gold?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Melee Gethfiltrator is a pro at taking out Banshees

Yeah, Reapers have been crazy hard on my Silver runs. Do dig the addition of Super Spectre and Equipment Packs to the store permamently. Hopefully I can find a good team to do Gold this weekend on randoms...Does it have to be Reaper on gold or all enemy types on gold?

Any type on gold.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I honestly have more trouble going back to Silver than staying on Gold.

I just don't respect anything shooting at me, get mad when I die, then rage quit after burning through 5 medi-gels and getting mad at myself :|

Replicant

Got Crusader and Hurricane thanks to the 2 free Recommendation Pack. I already got Valiant from last week's pack so are these weapons good as well?

Dreamer RD

Nope. It's a very fast, but inaccurate and weak pistol. Stay away from it.

True, just tried it for the first and last time.

Spent 3 millions on premium spectre shit and got Indra I, Paladin VI, Talon V and 1 power reset. The rest were XP cards -____-

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
True, just tried it for the first and last time.

Spent 3 millions on premium spectre shit and got Indra I, Paladin VI, Talon V and 1 power reset. The rest were XP cards -____-
Paladin and Talon are great. U trippin

Sai

Got all my weapon mods maxed out, and unlocked the Krogan Battlemaster, now I've got 'em all... Just have to wrap up the additional appearance stuff.

It's awesome that they've made the Premium Spectre and Jumbo Equipment Packs permanent.

Protheans?
That wouldn't make sense! But I wouldn't put it past Bioware.

Maybe Turians?

Got Crusader and Hurricane thanks to the 2 free Recommendation Pack. I already got Valiant from last week's pack so are these weapons good as well?

Hurricane is a top tier if used good
Crusader is not that versatil : but its stopping power is good at long range, it's really surprising
Valiant is god sent

You're just missing the Eagle but it's worthless

Cat Party

So the rumor is about new Quarians (soldier and sentinels) or new Turians ? (engi and infiltrators)

I would prefer new turians

The rumor says new Quarian engineer and infiltrator. But the guy who reported the rumor surmised it is probably Turians, since obviously there already are Quarian infiltrators and engineers. He thinks the guy who leaked him the info mistyped it.

EDIT:

You're just missing the Eagle but it's worthless

Haha, I like to take my Eagle with my AA on gold, just because everyone hates it. It works for what I need. It gives no weight penalty, and I like the fully auto fire. I probably fire less than 50 rounds total in a gold match, so it doesn't really matter.

X-Frame

New Turian Engie's and Infiltrators make a lot more sense than Male Quarians doubling up on the same classes as the females.

It is more likely Male Quarians will be a Soldier.

Top Bottom