• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate the PSX conference this year?

brawly

You can't make it much better with those games given. All of the people on stage were great and it was perfectly paced. I really hope they adopt this style for TGS, but I doubt it.

I am bummed that they didn't show any Kingdom Hearts or Persona 5.

4/5

I like how they have much improved the pacing in the last couple of conferences. Most of their previous shows could put a glass eye to sleep.

Some decent content too and their console might finally be purchasable for me in a year or so.

7.5 / 10

The best conference from anyone (Nintendo Direct's included) since Sony's E3 2015 conference. It had everything: major first party announcements, major third party announcements, indies, VR, a sprinkling of nostalgia and just a shitload of games.

-Setsuna-

It was pretty mediocre, in my opinion.
Annoying crowd, no VR, tons of ports/collections/remasters of games I've already played, a handful of unsurprising sequels... and Knack 2. :|

dr_rus

The conference itself was good but most of AAA announcements were personally underwhelming as fuck. This is probably the first time since PS3 launch when I don't look forward for anything from SIE 1st party studios (well, GOW maybe, depending on how it will end up in future trailers).

Neifirst

9/10

+Nier Automata release date
+Ni-Oh & Horizon continue to look amazing
+Wipeout in 4K!!!

-Was hoping for more PSVR announcements; still need a few more reasons to pick one up

I have no sympathy for modern Naughty Dog games, but you gotta give credit where it's due. 9/10
You can't really go better when it comes to pacing, amount and variety of content - mid-tier projects are back! All the trailers for games I was already looking forward to beforehand were also pretty good to great.
It might be one of the best non-launch conferences I've ever seen. Only the VR- and indie reels were as uninteresting as usual, plus the crowd was a little embarrassing at points.

Machina

Banned
9/10 I would say. Rivals any E3 presentation in recent memory. Sony just know how to bring the hype, they've touched the pulse and now they know what it is.

The industry demands variety, and know your audience is gamers first and everyone else second.

Zalman

As a fan of Japanese games, as well as classic franchises, it was a joy to watch. Better than their E3 show.

9/10

at one point I couldn't react fast enough so much awesome stuff was shown

The only thing I was missing was a new game by FROM Software

Duxxy3

It had a new Uncharted and The Last of Us 2. How could I complain?

edit: Oh, Crash looked great. And Wipeout is sorta Back. Though I wish it was a new entry, and not just remasters.

Sure many games which I expected to be shown again weren't and us fans were told as such (Insomniac's Spider-Man and SSM's GoW4) but the games shown were amazing. TloU Part Deux, Uncharted TlL alone made this a 8/10. Anything after that was icing on the cake. Like MvC4 Infinite.

No PSN ID changes reaffirms to me that this will never happen. Sony doesn't have the engineering acumen to pull this off apparently. Other little niche things like game install support on external drives would have been cool but that's not something folks get riled up for.

Harmen

8/10

It was all about the games, Sony has done a great job in spreading out their reveals and footage over this year. Overall, they have a fantastic and diverse line up and the exciting thing is that they didn't even show stuff like Spidey, GoW, Days Gone, Detroid: Become Human, and Dreams here.

Mediking

Just so many games and support for the PS4. It's insanely awesome and it makes me feel so good to be a PS4 owner. I LOVE this console!

Fbh

Any conference confirming more Yakuza for the west is at least a 9/10.

Then you add TLOU 2 and its a 10/10

Very nice! I'm all in for Nier Automata, Nioh, Persona 5 and Ni No Kuni 2. They're all so close which helps even more. Love every single one of these games.

Wipeout is fucking awesome. I don't really care at all about Knack, Crash and the PaRappa but some people do so yeah I'm happy they exist. Oh, Ace Combat 7 and the Uncharted thing also are great although I'm for whatever reason less hyped about them. Hope they surprise me!

The Second of Us look AWESOME, it's a bit far most likely but I can wait, loved the first one.

So yeah, overall it was great and I feel we should have more gaming related events like this close to christmas, it just sets the right mood.

kromeo

Nothing special, I don't care about Last of Us or Knack, Wipeout collection was the highlight. Nice to get a release date for Nier I guess and Ni No Kuni 2 looks great

Slixshot

Banned
NIOH and No No Kuni trailer and Last of Us Part II announcement? So damn good. Solid 9/10. Only made better if there was more unannounced first party games.

B

Solid effort. No huge surprises. Much better presentation flow. Sony is getting better at this.
would you have expected Marvel without the leak? I'd call that a huge surprise and should be counted

Getting two Yakuza announcements wasnt on anyone's radar either

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Vita being still alive is the real news

Aggelos

9.5/10
-Ace Combat 7
-The Last of Us Part II
-Marvel Vs Capcom
-Biohazard 7
-GT Sport

Why not FF7Remake? It appeared in 2015 (with gameplay footage at PSX 2015), and now in 2016 it disappeared again.... Not even a short trailer.... Dat f*ck?

Why not Biohazard 2 Remake?

Where is my Dino Crisis 4?

Moongazer

Good variety of games were shown. Showing UC4 expansion at the beginning and TLoU Pt 2 at the end was nice. More Yakuza games coming to the West makes me happy. Hopefully more people can get into the series with the remake of the first game. Shawn seemed really out of it with this conference though especially compared to when he hosted E3 he was really fumbling towards the end. Other than that I thought it was a pretty solid conference.

Mathieran

Banned
I would probably give it an 8. Lots of great stuff but I was hoping for some nice PSVR surprises, and it was a pretty meager showing in that regard. Also I'm not a huge fan of Naughty Dog games so I'm not as hyped as the rest of you. But overall it was pretty great.

N30RYU

Sony excels in every show. #4theplayers games games and games with none to little speech between trailers or gameplay.

The last dissapointing sony show was the ps4 announcement to me.

I give it a 9/10 being destiny a -0.5 and the new and full of spoilers TLG trailer another -0.5

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Leaks ruined it. TLoU2 would've been HUGE but whatever.

Good show. 7/10

The only thing I can really give points off for is the CoD tourney portion 9.8 outta 10. Everything else during PSX was spot on and they showed off quite a few games I'd love to play.

Huge props to:
-Ys Origin
-Ace Combat 7
-Ni No Kuni 2
- Nier Automata
-MvC: I

Toni

It was game after game after game.

Sony is doing everthing right this gen, and my god does next year puts PS4 exclusives library on the map for good. They also have given Indie developers massive exposure and more so than anybody in this industry this gen.

It was a solid 10/10 for me. Up there with one of their best conferences.

Top Bottom