• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Universe TGS 2017 Trailer

Kirye

I love everything FF so I know that I couldn't have waited to play this game after all the DLC came out but GOD I wish I had. I've been neglecting to play the DLCs because I want to play them all on a replay. So excited for the Ignis DLC to release!

Philippo

This is cool and all, but if it's just stuff i can only access througj a menu instead of playing the actual game (like the DLCs), it's making me pretty uninterested.

Iggy's new hair style is so much better than the original look.

csxlff.gif

36b6a2448df01e9f73834b79ef281b16--ignis-scientia-final-fantasy-xv.jpg

Dude, YES! Should be the default style, at least for the time-skip.

Anything listed under "Free Updates" is free. Episode Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis, and Comrades are part of the season pass and can be bought individually. Beyond those four DLCs, everything else is free.

Maybe I was confused about what the poster was talking about. In the trailer posted in OP, there's about 5-10 seconds of a 2:30 video dedicated to free stuff.

Laplasakos

Guess that rumored Final Fantasy Versus XV expansion was fake then?

Even if it wasn't, i doubt it's happening anymore. BD2 has it's hands full. They keep releasing updates and we just learned that they are searching for a way to bring the game to Switch with Unreal 4. They are also preparing for the next game (new IP) in 2018. I doubt we will get any significant expansion after Ignis DLC.

Free story updates looks really good, that pretty much leaves just Ardyn then. I hope they are all included in Windows Edition also, when it's time for a DLC sequence prompt would come and you could choose to play it (or when at bonfire, same as you can choose present and past). So you wouldn't have to go through main menu...

And damn that multiple hunts, JUST as I completed pretty much everything. Well, will be much easier on PC then.

royox

So new Ifrit, Shiva and Luna content. Seems the game is slowly ending its beta status and will be finally completed maybe before we reach 2019.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It's easy to get cynical but every update they make this game just a little bit better. Maybe it'll be a classic when everything is all said and done. Either way as a final fantasy fan I'm just excited to see the commitment to a game I actually liked but have a list of nitpicks higher then the sun.

A classic in how not to produce games maybe.

baberunisei

Why? You got to play a complete experience that had a great many things to do and see.

By the time this is all said and done, you will have another opportunity to play the game again with tons of new features that may transform your experience.

Unfortunately my free time is too short for me to be able to replay any game, especially a 50+ hour Rpg.

I find it fascinating to watch all of these "Universe" trailers. Square has been doing this sort of thing a long time - I remember the old FF7 compilation projects, like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus - but now the difference seems to be that the gaming industry has reached a point where releasing "new content" and "expanded universe" stuff is seen as the thing to do rather than just milking.

Overall I think it's cool. I've been waiting until FFXV hits PC to play the game so I will have a lot of stuff to consume when 2018 hits.

Waited for 10 years to play this game, girlfriend gifted it for my birthday back in July and I'm waiting to finish college next month to start it. Might as well wait a bit longer at this point.

royox

Why? You got to play a complete experience that had a great many things to do and see.

The experience this game gave at launch was EVERYTHING but complete. Unfinished plot, unfinished areas, unexplained characters and very important plot points.

But as a Postman Simulator you got the best experience in the market with more than half the content being just pointless sidequests that had absolutely nothing to do with the game or the story. Unforgettable experiences like taking pics for the fat guy from Lost, getting food for half the restaurants of the game so they can feed you with them, getting weapons for the weapons sellers so they can sell them back to you, fedding cats, looking for some steamy pipes, capture the frogs!!, "search the idiots that got lost hunting monsters" and the most important one: searching stones for the guy that's supposed to be a journalist but lol he wasn't.

Socivol

Unfortunately my free time is too short for me to be able to replay any game, especially a 50+ hour Rpg.

FFXV is actually remarkably short. If you just did NG+ with your previous levels and didn't do any of the optional quests you could probably beat the game in 15-20 hours.

Banzai

I'm so glad I waited for all of this + PC version. It's weird, too. Back when it was still called Versus it was my most wanted game, then it came out and I didn't care at all.

theofficefan99

Cautiously optimistic. If it's shit like Ch 13 Verse 2 fuck off

But seriously tho I'm veryyyy happy about more Gentiana screen time.

Episode Ignis looks good too.

I wish we got an additional CG cutscene but that seems like a pipe dream

Koozek

Did I misunderstand or can you now do multiple hunts simultaneously?? That was one of my biggest gripes because it was such an obviously flawed decision that broke the game's flow with all the loading screens if you fast-travelled between hunt tipster and hunt location for every single hunt. Always hoped, but didn't expect them to change this since they haven't really made any substantial QoL changes like this yet (besides the off-road car).

Koozek

You're taking things too seriously, but it's still a fact that this game changed completely from those updates (and even more are on the way). I frankly cannot remember such a drastic change just from updates in a single title (that it isn't a MMO game).
Changed completely how? There hasn't been any huge change besides the small extra section in Chapter 13 and the off-road car. Unless these free story additions they showed here are actually meaningful it's still fundamentally the same game.

Holy shit, I missed it out when this was released so seeing it right now, this looks so damn good. I am still waiting to play Prompto DLC but I might finally jump in when the first additional story content is released.

Changed completely how? There hasn't been any huge change besides the small extra section in Chapter 13 and the off-road car. Unless these free story additions they showed here are actually meaningful it's still fundamentally the same game.

Id agree to some extent if they actually added the mp combat to sp
pls add mp combat to sp

ToonLink

Still haven't gotten around to getting FFXV. I'm hoping they make a definitive edition with everything included. Either way, I'll probably get around to playing it next year.

Still haven't gotten around to getting FFXV. I'm hoping they make a definitive edition with everything included. Either way, I'll probably get around to playing it next year.
The full game size after all patches and DLCs is now over 60 GB and the additional story content might just make it even bigger. There is no way they can fit it all in a single disc.

I find it fascinating to watch all of these "Universe" trailers. Square has been doing this sort of thing a long time - I remember the old FF7 compilation projects, like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus - but now the difference seems to be that the gaming industry has reached a point where releasing "new content" and "expanded universe" stuff is seen as the thing to do rather than just milking.

Overall I think it's cool. I've been waiting until FFXV hits PC to play the game so I will have a lot of stuff to consume when 2018 hits.

It's always made little sense to me that so many developers essentially toss a fuckload of work away when a game is finished, Square Enix included.

They spent years and years building this world and these characters. It makes perfect sense to keep telling more stories with them or trying out new types of gameplay (like the multiplayer expansion, or the weird fishing game).

So much things can be done with the mods for this game :

- Actual hard mode
- switching party members on the fly
- having actual party members having their own gameplay
- the return of the red moon : when up, monsters at night are way more difficult, just like breath of the Wild.
- more varied monsters scattered throughout the fields
- if scripting is feasible, doing new and better quests than the fetch quests we have currently.
- Custom dungeons
- Pitthios 2.0
- and only naming a fews!

Like, just imagine what the fans will be able to do when that game will release on PC and will be complete!

So much things can be done with the mods for this game :

- Actual hard mode
- switching party members on the fly
- having actual party members having their own gameplay
- the return of the red moon : when up, monsters at night are way more difficult, just like breath of the Wild.
- more varied monsters scattered throughout the fields
- if scripting is feasible, doing new and better quests than the fetch quests we have currently.
- Custom dungeons
- Pitthios 2.0
- and only naming a fews!

Like, just imagine what the fans will be able to do when that game will release on PC and will be complete!

I'd wager the vast majority of those things are outside the realm of realistic possibility. This isn't going to be like an Elder Scrolls game on PC where modding is simple and easy and you've got a robust toolset.

Koozek

Shouldn't someone add to the thread title that there will be indeed free story updates coming? That was something that left many wondering since it wasn't clear if they intended to add to the story through DLCs or actually through new cutscenes in the main game.

EDIT: I mean, yeah, the info is in the OP, but maybe people skip the thread beause they think it's just another Universe trailer like at gamescom with stuff we already know.

pentium486

Neo Member
lmao

I honestly would like more "game" content that just bacstory cutscenes. I don't care anything at all about Luna or Gentiana.

Nobody can actually care about them because they were almost not relevant in the game. In order for people to care they needed to be included first.

Arkeband

Banned
Free story updates looks really good, that pretty much leaves just Ardyn then. I hope they are all included in Windows Edition also, when it's time for a DLC sequence prompt would come and you could choose to play it (or when at bonfire, same as you can choose present and past). So you wouldn't have to go through main menu...

And damn that multiple hunts, JUST as I completed pretty much everything. Well, will be much easier on PC then.

According to a recent interview, the interviewer suggested this and they were like "we've never thought of that."

So this basically means they thought that exiting out of the game to the main menu was the most optimal implementation - dozens of developers couldn't come up with this on their own, so don't get your hopes up.

Koozek

If I'm totally honest I don't really care that much about what happened with Shiva
when Niflheim attacked her physical form
and Gentiana is unfortunately an uninteresting character too. These new cutscenes are nice and all, but I fear they'll feel disjointed and shoe-horned in unorganically like the Kingsglaive or Omen scenes, lol. Of course I hope they prove me wrong!

Shouldn't someone add to the thread title that there will be indeed free story updates coming? That was something that left many wondering since it wasn't clear if they intended to add to the story through DLCs or actually through new cutscenes in the main game.

EDIT: I mean, yeah, the info is in the OP, but maybe people skip the thread beause they think it's just another Universe trailer like at gamescom with stuff we already know.

I would like for the OP title to reflect this too.

Did I misunderstand or can you now do multiple hunts simultaneously?? That was one of my biggest gripes because it was such an obviously flawed decision that broke the game's flow with all the loading screens if you fast-travelled between hunt tipster and hunt location for every single hunt. Always hoped, but didn't expect them to change this since they haven't really made any substantial QoL changes like this yet (besides the off-road car).

I'd say the Chapter Select and Bestiary are great QoL improvements.

Ferr986

Nobody can actually care about them because they were almost not relevant in the game. In order for people to care they needed to be included first.

I just have no interest. Luna was terrible in the movie and the same in the game. And at this point I don't care why Ifrit turned into an ass. I felt the story was finished (even if poorly) on the base game and I'll rather have new playable contents like the regular DLCs.

I'm not going to go back for the game just to watch new cutscenes but I will surely do if they have new playable content.

BasilZero

Yep same here

Going back to complete a hunt and to get another one was annoying

Arkeband

Banned

Bestiary is good although hindered by a janky and slow UI.

Chapter Select shouldn't show available chapter names/synopsis until after you select a save file to avoid spoilers, but otherwise it's good.

Honestly, two of the best and most sorely needed additions to the game since launch, even if they're a bit sloppy.

Koozek

I would like for the OP title to reflect this too.

Not really that relevant to me, as I'm talking more about UI and gameplay loop improvements, like the hunt capacity stuff that I've been criticizing since release :D Glad they changed it, but I hope it's not half-baked where you still have to go back to the tipster after a certain amount of hunts instead of just selecting other ones from the quest log menu after having talked to the tipster once.

Vic_Viper

Literally 3 seconds of that was the additional story content stuff >.>

Yeah aside from Episode Ignis and the Multiplayer Expansion, everything in that trailer was old content aside from the 2 second flash of "new" footage lol. Episode Ignis looks like where the stuffed all the additional scenes fleshing out that one dudes character that hes with in that trailer.

Cant decide if I should wait to play through the game again for the PC version or just play the PS4 version again. Does anyone know if all the additional DLC will be included with the PC version?

Top Bottom