• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Notebook |OT-Redux| Around the World in 124 Dick Pics

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I had completely lost site of this. I remember being excited about it!

It's not dead, my shitty post office has fucked this up twice and I'm a reprehensibly slow part of this process. Shit showed up wedged in my door again, so when my paycheck hits on Friday I'm going to Fedex 2 day ship it with insurance.

Sorry for temporarily ruining this, I feel awful.

It's not dead, my shitty post office has fucked this up twice and I'm a reprehensibly slow part of this process. Shit showed up wedged in my door again, so when my paycheck hits on Friday I'm going to Fedex 2 day ship it with insurance.

7drHiqr.gif

Thanks for the update. :)

I'm next in line, w00t?!

I'll reach out to the other Angeleans and see if they are interested in meeting up and collaborating. :D
Los Angeles FliXFantatier
Los Angeles Jangaroo
Los Angeles Calvero
Bellflower libregkd
Long Beach Poyunch

Jhoan

All is forgiven. Delivery services suck big time so it's not your fault. I'm looking forward to seeing the next wave of scans from the next group of people.

You killed it, didn't 'cha?

Well, this was the original notebook. The second one was killed a year or two ago. I hope this one was backed up at least once recently. Pops has had the book since March at this point which is something like 5 months?

#RIP

Last I heard from pops he was doing a write up for the Notebook, we should have made some strict conditions for joining. It was fun seeing scans and contributions that people added though.

[*]Hopefully we can keep some sort of schedule then. I don't want someone to get the notebook and then hold on to it for two weeks. If you haven't sent it off after 3-4 days, we'll probably start bugging the hell out of you, so please get you ideas in your head so you can get them on paper when it comes to you!

LMAO

i just read this in the OP. one day i will get the book and abide by this rule... someone has to lol

the Notebook is like the ring of power. it's just too precious to part with, i guess

EDIT: and im really confused. has anyone been in contact with Pops? dude still posts on Gaf regularly, so what's the sitch?

The least he could do is respond/post in here and let us know he lost it. We all understand that things can happen and losing a random-ass notebook isn't unheard of, but it's kind of just rude to not at least let us know he lost it/won't send it/whatever, especially if he's still posting on GAF in the meantime.

Mods should ban him.

Mods should ban him.

That would be deserved, I'm sorry.

I did try to ship it initially, and it got returned and had to move on to the next recipient, which I never did. My life fell apart shortly before I got it. I've been trying to ignore a lot, including this. Partially out of anxiety and unwillingness to deal with my problems, partially because I'm not a good person. The notebook is sitting on my desk, as it has been for the past six months. My behavior with it is inexcusable regardless of what else has been going on.

I'm shipping it out in 8 hours when the USPS here opens. It was shitty and unfair of me to ruin such an incredible thing for as long as I did, and I shouldn't have let my personal issues stop me from doing something so simple, or even engaging with this thread or the PM's I've gotten about it. Especially when I still had the audacity to use GAF to make myself feel better, continuing to post and act like nothing was wrong.

I'll post the tracking number in here and PM it to all of those who have contacted me (and obviously the current next recipient, FliXFantatier) as soon as it's out in the morning.

Ourobolus

Banned
Guys as annoying and frustrating as it might be, shit happens. Let me deal with it via PM and don't go about "shaming" anyone here. There aren't any hard and fast rules here, despite what the OP might say :p

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'm just glad it's not dead.

Good on you pops for 'fessing up. Get that in the mail and it is one less thing for you to worry about. Good luck.

I did try to ship it initially, and it got returned and had to move on to the next recipient, which I never did. My life fell apart shortly before I got it. I've been trying to ignore a lot, including this. Partially out of anxiety and unwillingness to deal with my problems, partially because I'm not a good person. The notebook is sitting on my desk, as it has been for the past six months. My behavior with it is inexcusable regardless of what else has been going on.

I'm shipping it out in 8 hours when the USPS here opens. It was shitty and unfair of me to ruin such an incredible thing for as long as I did, and I shouldn't have let my personal issues stop me from doing something so simple, or even engaging with this thread or the PM's I've gotten about it. Especially when I still had the audacity to use GAF to make myself feel better, continuing to post and act like nothing was wrong.

I'll post the tracking number in here and PM it to all of those who have contacted me (and obviously the current next recipient, FliXFantatier) as soon as it's out in the morning.

Sorry things have been so rough for you lately. I just wanted to say that I really do appreciate you taking the time to get the notebook out again. Thank you.

It takes a lot of courage to post something like this. I can't speak for GAF as a whole but I know what it's like to go through something like this, I did when someone broke my heart.

Stay strong Pops.

besada

Banned
Like I just told Pops in PM, taking forever with the thing just makes him one of us. I think everyone remembers how long I held onto the sucker, and lots of other folks have had the same problem. And once you hold onto it too long, then you're embarrassed to roll in here and admit it. I certainly was.

It's a crazy thing we're doing, but I love how we keep getting the ball back up into the air every time we think it's dead.

As always, if you need a mod, feel free to tap my shoulder.

hey man, i'm sorry to hear you're going through tough times, and i hope things improve in your life.
i don't think anyone actually wanted to ban you we were all just concerned about what was going on, that's all. i'm glad we were able to get into contact with you. good luck with everything to come and hopefully we can finish this project for everyone involved

this is good to know. thanks, besada

Sorry things have been so rough for you lately. I just wanted to say that I really do appreciate you taking the time to get the notebook out again. Thank you.

It takes a lot of courage to post something like this. I can't speak for GAF as a whole but I know what it's like to go through something like this, I did when someone broke my heart.

Stay strong Pops.

Don't beat yourself up. We all know there are more important things in life to deal with.
Good luck with everything. :)

Like I just told Pops in PM, taking forever with the thing just makes him one of us. I think everyone remembers how long I held onto the sucker, and lots of other folks have had the same problem. And once you hold onto it too long, then you're embarrassed to roll in here and admit it. I certainly was.

It's a crazy thing we're doing, but I love how we keep getting the ball back up into the air every time we think it's dead.

hey man, i'm sorry to hear you're going through tough times, and i hope things improve in your life.
i don't think anyone actually wanted to ban you we were all just concerned about what was going on, that's all. i'm glad we were able to get into contact with you. good luck with everything to come and hopefully we can finish this project for everyone involved

this is good to know. thanks, besada

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it. It means a lot and I can't understate how much you guys and GAF have helped over the past year.

Again, I'm really sorry for bailing on this for so long I dropped off the notebook this afternoon and will PM the tracking to FliXFantatier once I get off work and get home in a bit.

Jhoan

Glad to see the book is back on track. We've all procrastinated on passing on the book for whatever reason may be at some point. In the end of the day, we're only human.

Top Bottom