• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

AoElSHOCMAE_1sq.jpg

Yes.

Oh hey Kirby Air Ride.

and the pre-order bonus (amazon.de): 24 AR cards

damn u win

Find details on available cards after the break.

Included with Kid Icarus: Uprising: 6 random cards

Club Nintendo giveaway: Great Reaper, Palutena and Drill Arm

GameStop (April 24): Eggplant Wizard, Skyscraper Club, Fireworks Cannon, Minos and the Fiend's Cauldron

Nintendo World (March 23): Three Sacred Treasures

Game Informer (subscribers): Power of Flight

Nintendo Power: Poseidon, Thanatos - God of Death and Medusa (Battle)

@Gamer: Pit, Pandora - The Goddess of Calamity and Samurai Blade

Events: Random packs

damn you Nintendo World :(

these are so going to hit Ebay

more on cards

AR cards unlock idols and hearts in the game
Cards also show character or item info
Scan cards to add the data to your game's 'vault'
First round of cards called Series 1
Serial numbers indicate that there may be upwards of 329 cards
Cards cover every character, weapon, item, and ability
Starter sets at GDC were random packs of 10
AR coding allows for up to 14,348,907 different cards

:faints

Anyone know if there is a way to "party up" with friends in 3 on 3 mode? Like, can I form a team with people on my friends list and then jump into a game with randoms as a team with my friends?

Jarsonot

Anyone know if there is a way to "party up" with friends in 3 on 3 mode? Like, can I form a team with people on my friends list and then jump into a game with randoms as a team with my friends?

Good question. I've been scouring the 'net for more multiplayer info and haven't come across much. Still a lot of questions to be answered.

Damn those crafty Nintendo ninjas.

I really hope the multiplayer is "robust" because if it's not I'm going to be seriously worried about their eventual Wii U online services. And I don't want to be worried. =)

@MUWANdo

Banned

Everything we know about the online modes is listed on the NOA Uprising site, in the multiplayer section.

It's been confirmed that you can join a friend from the 3DS friends list, so I would assume the game would keep you and your friends "tagged up" the same way Mario Kart does.

Anteo

oh Wow, the cards come in a nice package, I was expecting something like the 3ds ar cards.
So jelous, I won't get this game until after 2 weeks it's launched =/

hatchx

Banned
It's gonna be sad when this game bombs hard. :(

I don't see how that is possible with the marketing they are doing.

There are 2-3 unique posts on GAF at any given time. The shop channel has been flooded. Pre-orders have apparently been high. Reviews have been very good. It's an action shooter.

....I don't see it bombing hard. Anything under 2 million could be called a disappointment, but it won't sell under 100k in Japan or NA. Mark my words.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't see how that is possible with the marketing they are doing.

There are 2-3 unique posts on GAF at any given time. The shop channel has been flooded. Pre-orders have apparently been high. Reviews have been very good. It's an action shooter.

....I don't see it bombing hard. Anything under 2 million could be called a disappointment, but it won't sell under 100k in Japan or NA. Mark my words.
I predict 50k tops for 1st week Japanese sales. 200k for first NPD month too.

Effect

Was glad to see a commercial for the game on cartoon channel this evening. So they are airing them and at decent times (on the east coast around 7pm is when I saw it) as well.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game has been getting heavy promo recently and is something fresh and exciting. I really don't see this bombing at all.

It doesn't need to sell 50 copies to "bomb", it only needs to sell less copies than Nintendo budgeted for.

hatchx

Banned
I predict 50k tops for 1st week Japanese sales. 200k for first NPD month too.

My prediction is it opens at 375k in Japan. I can see it going as high as 650k though.

200k seems good for the first month (week) in NA. By the end of April, at that rate, it'll easily have sold over 500k.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My prediction is it opens at 375k in Japan. I can see it going as high as 650k though.

200k seems good for the first month (week) in NA. By the end of April, at that rate, it'll easily have sold over 500k.
The lower floor there is akin to what an upper tier-end Tales of release does over its lifetime, while the ceiling there is Kingdom Hearts-debut week levels of success. I am very skeptical about both scenarios.

Top Bottom