• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

Me and a few friends are really looking forward to this after playing the betas.

This is a mix of 3 of my fav things in gaming: Ghost Recon series, good co-op gameplay, and modern tactical military shooter genre

Tecnniqe

Banned
The hate for this game is unreal.

I don't really get it, it's basically MGSV/SOCOM/GR2/ARMA3 lite.

135.gif

donnaben

The hate for this game is unreal.

I don't really get it, it's basically MGSV/SOCOM/GR2/ARMA3 lite.

SOCOM, ARMA3 and to some extent GR2 were built on multiplayer PVP. Wildlands will launch with no PVP and we don't really know the details on what PVP will be when it is eventually released. I would say that makes it nothing like those 3 titles.

MaxiLive

Well the VPN didn't work all that well! Well it did but I was hoping you could go offline to go play it while dc'd from the VPN but that doesn't seem to be the case :(

SOCOM, ARMA3 and to some extent GR2 were built on multiplayer PVP. Wildlands will launch with no PVP and we don't really know the details on what PVP will be when it is eventually released. I would say that makes it nothing like those 3 titles.

All three of those games also feature decent single player content, not sure what you are saying here since the OpFor and ARMA communities big deal for a long time was mission maker generated content and mod tools.

GR2 also featured a pretty great SP campaign and I didn't even touch MP for GR since the first one and GRAW.

I'm just not sure what your argument is here.

MaxiLive

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate?

I was hoping to unlock the game via VPN, then go "offline mode" in Uplay so I could play while on my normal connection.

Seems like the game needs to still authenticate when opening though.

Servantes

Neo Member
Got my Collectors Edition in today.
Played a bit thought it looked beter then the beta but maby thats just me.

CSJ

I was hoping to unlock the game via VPN, then go "offline mode" in Uplay so I could play while on my normal connection.

Seems like the game needs to still authenticate when opening though.

Even if starting the game connected, losing an internet connection to uplay closes the game. D:

Can someone explain the multiplayer pvp elements to me?
All I've seen is that its not available at launch and that its class based, 4v4, and will be a free update to the game.

Hopefully the class basis of the new PvP means the devs will balance PvP and PvE separately.

well I used flyvpn to connect to an Australian connection but i cant even launch the game its grayed out and says pre loaded, first time I have no idea what to do help please? I did restart uplay also guess I'll have to wait. :\

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All I've seen is that its not available at launch and that its class based, 4v4, and will be a free update to the game.

Hopefully the class basis of the new PvP means the devs will balance PvP and PvE separately.
It seems that Ubisoft's companies don't talk to each other, but I hope it's not a shit show like the Division's dark zone.

ironcreed

Banned
It seems that Ubisoft's companies don't talk to each other, but I hope it's not a shit show like the Division's dark zone.

Yeah, I actually like The Division minus the Dark Zone. Though this game is more of what I would like to see The Division become. Huge open world rather than a city, more options and toys and enemies that are not bum rushing bullet sponges.

Kadin

If you're planning to play 50/50 solo and coop with friends, do you do these both with the same character? Or would it be preferred to have a solo character and one for coop? Any big advantages either way?

In The Division we all tried to stay similarly leveled for missions but not sure if a game like this will play out the same way.

realwords

Excited for this. Hopefully my PS4 copy gets here tomorrow from Amazon. If anyone with a mic wants someone to play with this week, add my PSN, realwords.

I'll be on tomorrow. I play on Central Europe time so 6pm my time. I have it on ps4 pro so feel free to add me SirShizznit.

I still need to finish horizon (great game) and actually start nioh but I know full well nioh I will probably never complete.

Yooo this is hype. The cutscenes are really good dayum. I didn't expect this much production values for some reason but the begining monologue is really well directed.

DrBo42

If you're planning to play 50/50 solo and coop with friends, do you do these both with the same character? Or would it be preferred to have a solo character and one for coop? Any big advantages either way?

In The Division we all tried to stay similarly leveled for missions but not sure if a game like this will play out the same way.

Personal game progress was tracked in the beta. So if you were at mission 2 and your buddy and host was at mission 3, unless everyone went through mission 2 your personal save wouldn't progress IIRC. Or you'd just have a mission to complete on your own later. Not sure which now that I think of it. It did lead to some problems where the person that wasn't caught up wouldn't be able to see where the next story marker was until someone marked it for him, stuff like that. But they could still participate.

Personal game progress was tracked in the beta. So if you were at mission 2 and your buddy and host was at mission 3, unless everyone went through mission 2 your personal save wouldn't progress IIRC. Or you'd just have a mission to complete on your own later. Not sure which now that I think of it.
That doesn't seem like how its supposed to work:

Ghost Recon Wildlands Co-op 101 said:
What about Story Progression?

Even if you are not at the same point in the game as the friend you join, you will still progress as you play with them. Whatever progression you make with your friends will be saved in your own progression. Instead of only helping your friends’ progression when you join their game, you will also be working towards your own progression. Moreover, if you are behind your friends, you will still be able to complete missions that they may have already completed.

What If My Friend Is Ahead of Me in Story Progression?

If you join a friend who has unlocked a mini boss’s entire narrative arc, but you haven’t, it will be possible for your friend to share the related missions with you in order to complete it together. If you join while your friend is in the middle of the mission, you will “assist” him/her to complete the mission. The following mission will be unlocked for you as well, thanks to the “unlock sharing” feature.

jtb

Banned
What's the RPG/metagame progression like in this game? I'm worried that's it's going to be Assassin's Creed-type repetition in terms of "quest" structure.

Kadin

Personal game progress was tracked in the beta. So if you were at mission 2 and your buddy and host was at mission 3, unless everyone went through mission 2 your personal save wouldn't progress IIRC. Or you'd just have a mission to complete on your own later. Not sure which now that I think of it. It did lead to some problems where the person that wasn't caught up wouldn't be able to see where the next story marker was until someone marked it for him, stuff like that. But they could still participate.

Cool, thx for the info guys. So it sounds like creating multiple characters to play for both solo and coop probably isn't worth it.

DrBo42

What's the RPG/metagame progression like in this game? I'm worried that's it's going to be Assassin's Creed-type repetition in terms of "quest" structure.

Do a few region story missions, flush out the boss of the region. Kill him/her/them.

Do this for all regions.

Actual cartel boss shows up. Kill him.

Roll credits.

Jtrizzy

Any word on the PC performance? I loved the beta and Clancy games generally. Just getting Horizon and Zelda makes me want to wait on this, but I've been looking forward to this for a while. Some areas in the beta ran great for me, and others not so much. Playing on a 2600k@4.4 and a 1070.

Samikaze

Still excited about this, but had to choose between this or Nier for financal reason, and went with Nier.

Waiting on my copy from gamefly for now.
Here's hoping the final game is great,

FiraB

Banned
Any word on the PC performance? I loved the beta and Clancy games generally. Just getting Horizon and Zelda makes me want to wait on this, but I've been looking forward to this for a while. Some areas in the beta ran great for me, and others not so much. Playing on a 2600k@4.4 and a 1070.
Its running about 2fps slower then open beta in the benchmark for me, 4690k @ 4.2 and 480 slightly overclocked. This is without a doubt a completely different build then what we tested during closed and open beta. I have it cranked to ultra though without tuft enabled so im just heading into game now after creating character and update shortly.

Kadin

Its running about 2fps slower then open beta in the benchmark for me, 4690k @ 4.2 and 480 slightly overclocked. This is without a doubt a completely different build then what we tested during closed and open beta. I have it cranked to ultra though without tuft enabled so im just heading into game now after creating character and update shortly.
Running the same cpu here but with a 1070, hoping it can perform decently here.

Top Bottom