• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II official site is up

Some of the quotes on the official site make we wonder if that leaked perk list was legit. In particular, "The enemy could be anywhere, and it could be anyone" could be a reference to the supposed 'Spy' perk claimed to make you look like a friendly on enemy radar. It could also be a reference to the feign death perk.

Can't imagine that list was legit this early on, though.

I really hope they go all out with this future warfare business, and then the first COD for next-gen consoles can go back to WW2, and we start anew.

Jb

God no not WWII again. I like the guns but nearly every single theater of the war has been featured in a game. I don't want to storm Normandy, Berlin, Okinawa or North Africa ever again.

I'd like a game focused on smaller conflicts: Somalia in the 90's, Sierra Leone,... Maybe play as a CIA agent rather than in a military squad.

kuYuri

Some of the quotes on the official site make we wonder if that leaked perk list was legit. In particular, "The enemy could be anywhere, and it could be anyone" could be a reference to the supposed 'Spy' perk claimed to make you look like a friendly on enemy radar. It could also be a reference to the feign death perk.

Can't imagine that list was legit this early on, though.

Or you know, it could be talking about the campaign, which is a cold war themed era that has alot to do with secrecy and espionage. All CoD reveals have always started with the campaign.

zinder

I click on that link and get a white screen telling me my IP is blocked?????!?!?!

Rofl, anyone have any idea why this may be? I've never done anything to them lol?

Where are you at?

I'm in Sweden and both me and my friend have the same issue. Probably something they messed up on their part.

RedSwirl

What I like about Treyarch is they listen to the community and don't seem to be as full of themselves as IW was. And Treyarch made plenty of changes with W@W. Zombies, squads in MP, incredible gore, and no streaks/explosives during the first 20 seconds or whatever of each round. All those videos of people wiping out entire teams in SnD in CoD4 with air strikes or annihilating teams with infinite noob tubes in Domination in MW2 getting nukes in under 30 seconds would never happen in a Treyarch game.

Black Ops introduced CoD cash and an entirely new way of unlocking things, plus theater, customizable icons and banners, wager matches, combat training, as well as unlocking more powerful perks and customizable kill streaks that weren't ridiculously overpowered/broken as they were in MW2. They basically took what IW did and actually made it work. Which again, wouldn't be necessary if IW weren't so stubborn about their terrible game design.

While I prefer IW overall, I will agree with some of the things this post says about Treyarch. I'm starting to see them willing to do somethings feature-wise that IW isn't willing to do. When MW2 removed dedicated servers on PC, Treyarch kept them for Black Ops. They also released the first COD with splitscreen online on consoles as well as bots.

Treyarch's only really big problem is that they can't seem to craft campaigns as well as IW can - WAW and Black Ops' campaigns both felt dull to a certain extent compared to the MW games which always managed to make you feel like something was going on. There's that, and really just overall polish in terms of making a game fun. IW is one of those developers where I can still feel the "craftsmanship" when I play their game. Treyarch is just a good developer, and I feel like they had the COD franchise thrust upon them to some extent.

CyReN

51Iao.png

I never go to the site, what is this?

While I prefer IW overall, I will agree with some of the things this post says about Treyarch. I'm starting to see them willing to do somethings feature-wise that IW isn't willing to do. When MW2 removed dedicated servers on PC, Treyarch kept them for Black Ops. They also released the first COD with splitscreen online on consoles as well as bots.

Treyarch's only really big problem is that they can't seem to craft campaigns as well as IW can - WAW and Black Ops' campaigns both felt dull to a certain extent compared to the MW games which always managed to make you feel like something was going on. There's that, and really just overall polish in terms of making a game fun. IW is one of those developers where I can still feel the "craftsmanship" when I play their game. Treyarch is just a good developer, and I feel like they had the COD franchise thrust upon them to some extent.
my perception of the two is IW started out high and went downhill with every entry, whereas Treyarch started out medium and went up (even though I loved WaW, I say medium to be generous to those that didn't).

kami_sama

To those seeing the IP blocked thing. remember it the website for the UK. I live in europe and I can see it, so you must be from the USA.

This makes me kind of sad. I finished BO campaing a couple days ago and i really liked it. I would love to see more historical moments with a 'COD twist'. I guess it's too fresh, but 9/11 could give us some nice conspiracy moments.

Reminds me how disappointed I was there was no co-op in Blop's campaign, hopefully Treyarch brings that back. That was one of W@W's best features.

Teknoman

hopefully since it's set in the future, Treyarch will design some of it's own original weapons (and they wont just be a bunch of XM8 rifles with stuff stuck all over them like in every bad sci fi movie). It could really help to spice up COD if we can use some more futuristic concept guns.

I'd jump in. It would actually be a pretty new/original concept, especially after being beaten over the head with current day war scenarios...similar to the WWII situation.

To those seeing the IP blocked thing. remember it the website for the UK. I live in europe and I can see it, so you must be from the USA.

Im in the UK and its blocked for me, odd error lol. I am very interested in this game though, since CoD 4 the Treyarch CoD's have wiped the floor with Infinity Ward (for me personally!)

Portugeezer

Im in the UK and its blocked for me, odd error lol. I am very interested in this game though, since CoD 4 the Treyarch CoD's have wiped the floor with Infinity Ward (for me personally!)

I agree, especially BLOPS compared to MW3. MW3 was a big step back.

I click on that link and get a white screen telling me my IP is blocked?????!?!?!

Rofl, anyone have any idea why this may be? I've never done anything to them lol?

Same for me.
I was able to see the website 1 hour ago and now it seems they blocked the IP from EU countries and I don't know why (maybe because the countdown is over now...

I'm pretty psyched for this one. Went back to playing BLOPS a month ago after putting a few days into MW3's MP. Had forgotten how good everything felt. Hoping Treyarch doesn't upset the formula too much.

Also, just saw this image go live on the COD site - that's gotta be
Woods or Mason or Hudson
as an old dude, right?

http://imgur.com/uDjgg

I'm pretty psyched for this one. Went back to playing BLOPS a month ago after putting a few days into MW3's MP. Had forgotten how good everything felt. Hoping Treyarch doesn't upset the formula too much.

Also, just saw this image go live on the COD site - that's gotta be
Woods or Mason or Hudson
as an old dude, right?

http://imgur.com/uDjgg

Yep, looks like it: http://i.imgur.com/9N6u1.jpg

Can make out the flames near his wrist.

Top Bottom