• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

The standard PS3 version online is around £25 if that interests you.

If you get an early access code with that, it gives you a digital copy when you redeem it :)

Also love your avatar

Thanks, everyone loves Squidward :)

Just looked on Amazon and its £23.99 so I think that will be the way to go. Quite well priced in my opinion especially with the subscription model.

frequency

not gonna lie, I want to try this game but I am not paying a monthly fee for any game, free to play / buy to play or bust

As a long time MMO player who has played subscription games (RO, FFXI, EQ2, Vanguard, WoW, Rift, Aion), free to play games (Vindictus, TERA, Runes of Magic, DDO, FlyFF, Mabinogi, Silk Road Online, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2), subscription games that became free to play games (LOTRO, SWTOR, Rift, Aion), I have to say the difference is noticeable to me.

And I vastly prefer subscription.

Great job on OP.

Question - Anyone else having problems registering on Guildwork? Didnt see anyone posting about it...

I'm not aware of any issues. What kind of problems are you having?

Not gonna lie. The old armor looked way better for most of those. DRG is even more busy now. The solid colors on PLD and WAR armor make them look more like cartoon costume armor then the previous AF. BLM and WHM look good though.

I agree. I much prefer the standard PLD AF.

To those who want to play Early Access on PS3(Or PC). You have to pre-order the game. You can pre-order any version and when you enter the code on the site, it will ask you which system do you want to gain access on.

I agree. I much prefer the standard PLD AF.

Thank the cyber gods and SE for Vanity Slots. Right?

Khrno

But I was in the PC Beta Phase 4 and I want early access to the PS3 version, is this not possible? (I don't have the client on my PS3)

i have the same question

I downloaded both for phase 3 but skipped ps3 for phase 4

I'm assuming that client wont work so how the heck do I get my ps3 copy installed saturday

Legacy gives you early access and a free PC client. The only way to have early access on PS3 is to actually getting tha game.

PS3 players either pre-order or wait for the 27th.

Khrno

Not gonna lie. The old armor looked way better for most of those. DRG is even more busy now. The solid colors on PLD and WAR armor make them look more like cartoon costume armor then the previous AF. BLM and WHM look good though.

All the AF+1s look amazing, the old ones are boring, plain and uglt.

/opinions

Meicyn

Gold Member
The new PLD AF+1 looks amazing. I was on middle ground between warrior and paladin, but that AF+1 sold me on paladin.

Gotta get my conjurer on for early access.

twelver

I keep getting this error:

Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later

When trying to register early access code on the preorder site..

ZetaEpyon

Nice design on the OP, but holy cow is it wide. Pretty much need to have a screen resolution of 1680 with the browser near maximized for it to appear correctly without scaling, thanks to the browser chrome, avatar column, etc...

Do people really have their browsers that wide? Why??

Nice design on the OP, but holy cow is it wide. Pretty much need to have a screen resolution of 1680 with the browser near maximized for it to appear correctly without scaling, thanks to the browser chrome, avatar column, etc...

Do people really have their browsers that wide? Why??

Why not? I always have my browser maximized.

Legacy gives you early access and a free PC client. The only way to have early access on PS3 is to actually getting tha game.

PS3 players either pre-order or wait for the 27th.

I see.
I did preorder for PS3 as well.
They better hurry up so I can redeem my code \o/

daveo42

Banned
So are some Grand Companies better for certain Jobs/Classes or does that not really matter at all and they all basically offer the same stuff?

The original AF set is basically armor to get you started off for endgame content. It's well rounded and focuses on your job's strengths.

The AF+1 is currently the best gear in the game.

Can you change the color of AFs? I rolled pugilist/monk and I kinda want to change the yellow to red.

RK9039

Ah, thanks. I was wondering because in the benchmark the Paladin had completely different armour.

The Warrior one looks great. I really love the armour designs in this game.

How cool would it be if FFXIV allowed for you to choose the look of any armor? I loved that feature in WoW with the whole transmogrifying armor.

It is a good thing to add years later when you are far removed from your best armor design and can't come up with anything decent looking, like WoW when they added it. I prefer it if what you look like is tied to what you are wearing though, even if I think the highest level of armor now looks like hot garbage for some jobs.

omlet

sooo if i'm just gonna roll with 1 toon (atm), i should just pay the entry sub?

no other penalties like smaller storage or what not right?

Your characters don't share storage and you can't mail things to your alts. This game is designed to be able to be played in full with just 1 character.

ZeroEdge

So was Amazon not supposed to send out pre-order codes for early access...cause I haven't seen any yet...and I don't want to wait until the 27th to play :mad:

Credo

So was Amazon not supposed to send out pre-order codes for early access...cause I haven't seen any yet...and I don't want to wait until the 27th to play :mad:

I pre-ordered the PS3 CE from Amazon back on May 29th, and they sent me an e-mail with the promotional code on the same day.

Well, they sent me the code to enter on the SE pre-order site, which would give me ANOTHER code that I was supposed to enter on PSN to get early access. However, those codes are busted for everyone I think, so even if you had a code right now, you wouldn't be able to get it working.

Uthred

Seems to be a bit of conflicting info floating around and just wondering is there any concrete info on how the "Welcome Back" free 14 days stacks with purchasing a new copy? i.e. if I pick up a regular addition will I get the 30 days on top of my free 14 days from the "Welcome back" thing

Kyoufu

Seems to be a bit of conflicting info floating around and just wondering is there any concrete info on how the "Welcome Back" free 14 days stacks with purchasing a new copy? i.e. if I pick up a regular addition will I get the 30 days on top of my free 14 days from the "Welcome back" thing

Yeah, they stack.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow. I've made a thread on the beta forum regarding the error which prevented me from using my goobbue/legacy chocobo ("Unauthorized to summon mount").
Yesterday, a mod moved it to the "insufficient information" asking to provide more info, since I didn't provide my pc specs, modem model and browser.
Only problem is that we can't even post in the bug forum anymore, so there goes my chance to report it properly.

N.A

Banned
Uthred said:

Yeah, they stack.

You cannot add a new PC ARR (standard or collectors edition) copy to a 1.0 service account.

It's particularly frustrating to those like me who had the 1.0 standard edition and have bought a ARR physical CE as we cannot get the 30 days or the in-game items (the in-game items can be added if you buy the Digital CE upgrade, but this does not include a pre-order code).

Cmagus

Wow. I've made a thread on the beta forum regarding the error which prevented me from using my goobbue/legacy chocobo ("Unauthorized to summon mount").
Yesterday, a mod moved it to the "insufficient information" asking to provide more info, since I didn't provide my pc specs, modem model and browser.
Only problem is that we can't even post in the bug forum anymore, so there goes my chance to report it properly.

They will probably sort it out. That response is a pretty generic one from them on the forums. The beta forums go down soon I believe so I doubt much more will happen. They seemed to have backed away from the forums lately.

error 3 is still happening but has anyone been successful by just spamming that code all day?
I wouldn't spam the code all day because if you successfully get it to work chances are you are gonna get a code that isn't for your area or it will register wrong on your account. The more people that get these codes or account issues is only gonna slow everything down when they have to go and fix everything again.

Lain

I thought I was seeing progress on the site to redeem a preorder code, since I went from error 3 to error 2, but now I'm back at error 3.

Zalasta

Someone can correct me if I am wrong. As I understood it (and as it's indicated in the OP). You can't register 2 PC versions under the same account. So you can't stack the 14 free days for owning the 1.x version with the 30 days you get from the ARR PC version. It seems that you will end up with 2 separate accounts. However, you can probably register the PS3 version with your 1.x version for the additional free month.

So basically it's as follows:

1.x version = 14 free days
1.x version + PS3 ARR version = 14 + 30 free days
PS3 ARR + PC ARR version (on the same account) = 30 + 30 free days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom