• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
interesting direction for the masteries thing, i appreciate them addressing it, it's just weird that they had never talked about it before considering how out of nowhere it feels

Are you 100% sure you want Riot to look at AP stuff
of course, i like the game the most when it's balanced, and whatever's out of place should be nerfed accordingly

i don't think there's too many problems with ap champions atm tho

itemization has issues like always but that's just how the game is

i only brought up ap champions cos costy mentioned how adcs were getting buffed and it sounded like it was a response to these nerfs

About Meditation
not a bad reason

i guess supports are taking it or whatever, no midlaner goes meditation atm

How do you get it out of people's head that Baron isn't the "win" button? I swear I have so many teams that waste opportunities to push into an enemy base to instead get baron. We killed 3 of their team riiiight by inhib tower on enemy side. Our reward? Let's go fiddle with baron instead of taking inhib, since 1 of theirs we see bot pushing slowly into our side, and we have 4 with us at their tower already.

Have 1050 ping, manage to win somehow, yet got stuck on the last hit on the enemy core, I dont think the game will take it as a win but loss.

EDIT: yay I win

How do you get it out of people's head that Baron isn't the "win" button? I swear I have so many teams that waste opportunities to push into an enemy base to instead get baron. We killed 3 of their team riiiight by inhib tower on enemy side. Our reward? Let's go fiddle with baron instead of taking inhib, since 1 of theirs we see bot pushing slowly into our side, and we have 4 with us at their tower already.

The baron or not baron depends how much the enemy timer is, like enemy timer are 35 or less go baron, more than 35 , rush the core

JulianImp

Played the rest of my soloq placements and got paired with two really good Amumus (at least for my ELO), so I ended up going 5/5 and landed comfortably in... bronze 5. Welp.

I think I actually like Mao after playing as him a bit more. His ult feels kind of meh despite it probably being good in reality, mostly since using it always looks kind of underwhelming and I still keep forgetting it's a toggle ability.

At least I can appreciate how I can find soloq games in 1-2 minutes compared to flex taking anywhere from 4 to 10, and teams being less likely to have out-of-place players due to large premade groups.

Oh well, got to try and climb up in this queue as well... Here's to hoping I can git gud and eventually make it to high bronze or even s5 by the end of the season.

The baron or not baron depends how much the enemy timer is, like enemy timer are 35 or less go baron, more than 35 , rush the core

But wouldn't rushing the nexus actually be a better idea if the whole enemy team will be dead for over 35 seconds, anyway? Unless it'd take your team too long to get to the pushed lane and push it into the nexus, that is.

What's the main parameter for deciding when to baron as opposed to pushing lanes, anyway? What about the different kinds of dragons?

Leezard

Played the rest of my soloq placements and got paired with two really good Amumus (at least for my ELO), so I ended up going 5/5 and landed comfortably in... bronze 5. Welp.

I think I actually like Mao after playing as him a bit more. His ult feels kind of meh despite it probably being good in reality, mostly since using it always looks kind of underwhelming and I still keep forgetting it's a toggle ability.

At least I can appreciate how I can find soloq games in 1-2 minutes compared to flex taking anywhere from 4 to 10, and teams being less likely to have out-of-place players due to large premade groups.

Oh well, got to try and climb up in this queue as well... Here's to hoping I can git gud and eventually make it to high bronze or even s5 by the end of the season.

But wouldn't rushing the nexus actually be a better idea if the whole enemy team will be dead for over 35 seconds, anyway? Unless it'd take your team too long to get to the pushed lane and push it into the nexus, that is.

What's the main parameter for deciding when to baron as opposed to pushing lanes, anyway? What about the different kinds of dragons?

Basically if you can get an inhib, get inhib. If you can't get an inhib, get baron. If you can't get baron, get one or two towers. If you can't get one or two towers, get dragon.

You take baron to get into the enemy base and take an inhib, so if you can get an inhib without baron you should just do that instead.

It's not as simple between towers and dragons, but it's basically like this. Infernal can be worth more than a tower, and it depends on the possibility of the enemies being able to defend their towers.

Newt

If you can't take dragon, go for one of their buffs. If you can't take their buff, take their jungle camp. If you ace their entire team, and your team all recalls, well then it's time to sit at the fountain.

Just had my first Penta in this game. Did it with lethality Illaoi.

It was ... surreal. My whole team gets got by the Cass ult that I dodged, they try to go in on my team, I go to town on them and the next thing I know i killed 4 of them. E'd Leo and got her because Vi Ulted her and left her with low enuff HP for E to get her. Ended the game with that as they FFed.

I'm in such shock. IDK if it's lethality Illaoi vs a soft team comp (Teemo top and Xin Jg) or if it's a sign I'm improving or if it was just luck ... glad it happened with meh Waifu.
... :')

faridmon

Another game against a Marksman up top. Illaoi and I'm against Draven. Getting rocked again. Jungle has ganked 0 times. And we won...somehow.

I think in that case, its better to play 100% safe and even lose CS, because ADC top are heavily reliant on kills and items. I can guess that in TF a tanky top (with bruiser-like dmg) will wipe the floor adcs that doesn't have protection/peel later on

Basically if you can get an inhib, get inhib. If you can't get an inhib, get baron. If you can't get baron, get one or two towers. If you can't get one or two towers, get dragon.

You take baron to get into the enemy base and take an inhib, so if you can get an inhib without baron you should just do that instead.

It's not as simple between towers and dragons, but it's basically like this. Infernal can be worth more than a tower, and it depends on the possibility of the enemies being able to defend their towers.
To add on the baron thing, there's also picks and dragon buffs to consider. Did you kill someone? Was it their jungler so no 50/50 to worry about? Did their jungler do something idiotic like go bot lane to clear a wave? How many Mountains do you have? How fast can you kill it? Do they have a Ziggs? Is he alive? Does he have ult? Etc etc

You wanna be really confident in a baron call before attemtping even if its the only thing on the map, otherwise you're better off siegieng or backing. Leave the gimmicky stuff for Dignitas.

Calvero

Banned
d2a617a023.png
d5335c15f0.png

i was getting flamed by maokai the whole game. i don't know why

TheFlow

Banned
sigh this game is bs. I get 3 adc champs on my team but somehow our mid brand is the one who cost us.

he gave up 17 deaths because he kept roaming and wouldn't listen.

faridmon

17 deaths is impressively bad. I don't think I've seen one person die that many times in a really really long time.

I used to do go up that number quite often.

Thank god my deaths have considerably became less, but its not strange to see that in very low ELO

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
so new jhin build is youmu/edge/ie?
If you want. Numbers across third and fourth item are pretty even, so 3rd item should be situational between RFC, Duskblade, IE, and Lord Dominick's Regard. IE is going to be the easiest to use and most versatile by a little though.

Shmuppers

I really hope they don't nerf Jhin, but these lethality buffs are just... putrid on him

I one shot a varus through janna shield and shen ult with my fourth shot

dimb

I really hope they don't nerf Jhin, but these lethality buffs are just... putrid on him

I one shot a varus through janna shield and shen ult with my fourth shot
Am I supposed to feel bad for Varus players? Jhin is not even top tier right now really. Just a little more utility than some other ADCs.

If Riot didn't nerf Jhin last season when he was the best ADC in the game bar none - better nerf Ashe 3 fucking times instead - they sure as hell ain't gonna do it now.

Newt

I'm convinced Miss Fortune and Draven are the best ADCs in the game, but it doesn't matter since no-one plays them.

TheFlow

Banned
jsut rekted with a mf but we lost because out asshole top went afk 14 mins into the game.

tired of this bs. game punishes the good players.

Newt

jsut rekted with a mf but we lost because out asshole top went afk 14 mins into the game.

tired of this bs. game punishes the good players.
Trust me, you're not playing well if you're losing all these games in silver. Silver supports play extremely poorly.

And I'm not saying that to insult, for the first half of season 3 I was stuck in silver too. Old league gaffers prob remember that lol.

TheFlow

Banned
Trust me, you're not playing well if you're losing all these games in silver. Silver supports play extremely poorly.

And I'm not saying that to insult, for the first half of season 3 I was stuck in silver too. Old league gaffers prob remember that lol.
Titled

Shmuppers

I'm convinced Miss Fortune and Draven are the best ADCs in the game, but it doesn't matter since no-one plays them.

Idk about MF. I feel like all of her bad matchups are too strong in this meta. I'll take your word on Draven though, I think I've played with 1 or 2 this whole season lol

Cait is annoying but one good Q bounce and lane dominance is yours

Plus most Cait players are metaslave Ez shitters that pick her because she is safe and not because she's an oppressive laner and just play like shit.

Shmuppers

Cait is annoying but one good Q bounce and lane dominance is yours

Plus most Cait players are metaslave Ez shitters that pick her because she is safe and not because she's an oppressive laner and just play like shit.

lol, don't I know it.

I'm more so speaking from my own experience in the matchup, although I'm probably just playing against bad MF's lol :p

Newt

Unlike MF, Draven has some really terrible matchups.

Though, not really Varus like people think. More support picks.

Newt

If you're low Diamond the chances are actually pretty high I'll run into you. In December I ran into another gaffer and it went great.

Newt

Newt I wanna meet u in solo q. I haven't played against a good draven in a long time
If you actually want to play, there's an inhouse this Friday.
So inhouse on Friday, same time as usual.

t1486771200z1.png

Not even gonna try to stream it, my upload is way too shit for that. I can record the games though. If we can't get 10 (which hasn't been a problem yet), we'll do 5 stack normals.

Format is Draft, Blind, Draft.

i see lots of mfs

how's lucy?
Mediocre.

Then why do you want to play against Newt?
Hard enough carrying this Talentless Leblanc.

Ever

Banned
I haven't played League at all in 6 days, and ranked in more than a week. Time to fix that tonight.

It's just so hard to find motivation to queue up @ 10 PM, plus getting up at 6 for Uni trash. Thank god for having the day off tomorrow.

Shmuppers

My main acc is D4 but I only have jungle champs on it :/ leveling a smurf to play ad

I'd love to play with you guys if I'm free!

sometimes I play crit Lucian as a form of self-harm

dimb

Lucian is pretty decent

Anyone that can run Ghostblade is in an ok spot, really.
He's really not. His damage is way too low for a character that can pretty much just get in there and duel. Enjoy that low range in lane vs. the long range supports/ADCs being run too. Hero has very bad synergy with the in meta supports too.

Talents

Banned
This is just someone I added after Naota sent a screenshot of his game in silver.

Code:
TechSupportChris:?

Me: LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT VIKTOR BUILD

TechSupportChris: A build?

Me:
IT WAS
TERRIBLE
IM TRIGGERED
WHY ROA
WHY SWIFTIES
HELL
WHY LIANDRIES

TechSupportChris: It was a build?

Me: YOU DON'T GO THOSE ITEMS ON MY BAE

TechSupportChris: But it was a build though.

Me: THAT DOES NOT QUALIFY AS AN ACCEPTABLE BUILD

TechSupportChris: Sure it is.

Me: Tell me why

TechSupportChris: Found on a diamond player build.

Me: THAT DIAMOND PLAYER IS TRASH

TechSupportChris: Master as well.

Me:
t
r
a
s
h
there is no reason to go
fucking
roa
on viktor

TechSupportChris: It was a good build.

Me: NO

TechSupportChris: And I see why they did it.

Me: IT ISN;'T
AHHH

TechSupportChris: Tank damage ap.

Me: WHY
DO YOU WANT TANK
ON VIKTOR
A CONTROL/BURST MAGE

TechSupportChris: Diamond and master build.

Me: SO?

TechSupportChris: So, I wanted to try it.

Me: you disgust me
never
build my bae
like that again

TechSupportChris: I can and I will try new things.
This is the league ways.

Top Bottom