• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Forkball

BROCK IS JACKED

DKParCGVoAAmaS3.jpg

DKParR2UIAAeTl8.jpg

DKPar23VYAAIEpI.jpg

DKPasElVYAAH19v.jpg

Aleh

BROCK IS JACKED

DKParCGVoAAmaS3.jpg

DKParR2UIAAeTl8.jpg

DKPar23VYAAIEpI.jpg

DKPasElVYAAH19v.jpg

Damn that attention to detail is amazing.
These two episodes were amazing. Just incredible and the battles were superbly animated (not to mention how good Misty and Brock look in this new style when you see them animated). lol @Jigglypuff

Ok but who else is HYPED about the next episode?! Freaking NEBBY and Lusamine and so much more I'm so excited, this saga is absolutely one of my favorites and it just keeps getting better

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I know there's been a lot of speculation about Lillie getting Jigglypuff---there's a set of keychains with one shadowed out that looks like Jigglypuff wearing her hat. That'd be pretty wild if someone catches it after all this time.

Also, there was a neat cameo from two XY TriPokathalon Trainers...

4Lafg9v.jpg

I guess they wanted to throw something in to say that, yes, XY really did happen in this canon since it's almost like it didn't happen---though I guess presumably Ash recognized Mega Pokemon in this episode.

Apparently they were foreshadowing the Alola League in the anime today as well.

That episode preview is strange. Lusamine and Nebby in the same place? Maybe her personality/goal is different in US/UM and they're basing it off that? Those new characters on the poster don't really look like Aether and you would think that Lusamine herself would be on the poster if she was still a villain.

Theorymon

Not sure how many of you pay attention to VGC news, but sadly, Italian player Michelangelo (known as EnderVGC on twitter) died in a car crash yesterday morning :(

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently they were foreshadowing the Alola League in the anime today as well.

That episode preview is strange. Lusamine and Nebby in the same place? Maybe her personality/goal is different in US/UM and they're basing it off that? Those new characters on the poster don't really look like Aether and you would think that Lusamine herself would be on the poster if she was still a villain.

I'm thinking perhaps the anime will take place a bit before Lusamine totally goes nuts---maybe a steady build up as she becomes more obsessive?

Also wondering if Burnett is married to Kukui already here, or if they'll marry later on in the show. A wedding episode of Pokemon would be neat.

I'm thinking perhaps the anime will take place a bit before Lusamine totally goes nuts---maybe a steady build up as she becomes more obsessive?

Also wondering if Burnett is married to Kukui already here, or if they'll marry later on in the show. A wedding episode of Pokemon would be neat.

Unlike S/M, it doesn't seem like Lillie has actually ran away. At the same time, she doesn't look excited to see Lusamine and Gladion has already stolen Type: Null.

Watch Da Birdie

S/M anime character summaries:

Lusamine

>She represents the Aether Foundation, and is also an excellent scientist. Lillie and Gladion's mother. She lives in Aether Paradise, the Aether Foundation's headquarters.

Gladion

>Lillie's older brother. He left his house and is currently training to become stronger as a Trainer.

Wicke

>An Aether Foundation admin. In charge of the Pokémon protection program.

Faba

>An Aether Foundation admin. Chief of the research department.

Professor Burnet

>A professor researching the Ultra Holes. She's a close friend of Lusamine, and as such works with the Aether Foundation. She's also an acquaintance of Professor Kukui.

Nothing really interesting except we know Kukui isn't married, but that does seem to suggest we might see a romance blossom between them.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So just to recap as we got load of Pokémon news today;

-Pokkén is releasing tomorrow,
-Gold and Silver is releasing tomorrow on 3DS virtual console, it's already released in the Eastern part of the world,
-A new Pokémon app titled Pokémon Playhouse has been announced,
-Nebby aka Cosmog is due to appear in the animé next week along with other elements from Sun and Moon game,

Call it a hunch but it feels like that we are totally getting some Ultra Sun and Moon news tomorrow.

So the G/S VC copies have some Crystal things left in them... as in literally the patch for a VC Crystal.
RIP mobile features
It's possible that this might be an abandoned project but people with the know-how could easily make their own VC Crystal using this patch. Time will tell if they release it.

Japanese G/S changes Jynx to the international colors for obvious reasons and all versions dim a lot of flashing moves to better fit modern standards.

Interesting that they're already moving onto the Aether Foundation stuff in the anime- I assumed they'd leave it until after the trials were done. I'm guessing it's going to be a bit more of an adaptation of the game's plot from here on out- those are definitely Ultra Wormholes in that one clip with Solgaleo and Lunala, so they're probably dealing with the Ultra Beasts in the anime proper.

Necrozma and some hitherto unreleased Mythical (be it from USUM or from Gen VIII) for next year's movie, then.

topplehat

So the G/S VC copies have some Crystal things left in them... as in literally the patch for a VC Crystal.
RIP mobile features
It's possible that this might be an abandoned project but people with the know-how could easily make their own VC Crystal using this patch. Time will tell if they release it.

Japanese G/S changes Jynx to the international colors for obvious reasons and all versions dim a lot of flashing moves to better fit modern standards.

I don't understand - should I hold out for a Crystal VC release or not?

Busaiku

With Necrozma being such a big deal in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I can't see it not being a focus in the show.
It's hard to see where the movies will go from here though.

CazTGG

I don't understand - should I hold out for a Crystal VC release or not?

No, they likely kept them in for the sake of authenticity, not because Crystal is being released (if the wanted to release it, they'd do it at the same time like they did with R/B/Y). See also: You should be able to pull off the three starters glitch.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Not sure when I will get my copy of Pokkén Tournament but hopefully it arrives tomorrow as I want to try out the new Pokémon and actually finish off single player mode.

I also tempted to get the Johto games but I need to apply my reasonable side and tell myself,

"You don't need it, you don't want it, they aren't releasing Crystal and you would have buy another 3DS just recreate your original Silver team."

Interesting that they're already moving onto the Aether Foundation stuff in the anime- I assumed they'd leave it until after the trials were done. I'm guessing it's going to be a bit more of an adaptation of the game's plot from here on out- those are definitely Ultra Wormholes in that one clip with Solgaleo and Lunala, so they're probably dealing with the Ultra Beasts in the anime proper.

Necrozma and some hitherto unreleased Mythical (be it from USUM or from Gen VIII) for next year's movie, then.

Yeah the animé is really stepping up, though it's interesting how Nebby is bonding with Ash and not Lillie in the show...is Ash actually going to own a legendary Pokémon on his team? :O

No, they likely kept them in for the sake of authenticity, not because Crystal is being released (if the wanted to release it, they'd do it at the same time like they did with R/B/Y). See also: You should be able to pull off the three starters glitch.

I remember doing the three starter glitch, it was interesting as the Johto starters all evolved at different levels.

Unlike Yellow, Crystal is flat out superior to GS (sorry Mareep). There's also a blank ID space in the eshop after Silver in all languages. They've likely held off on it so it doesn't caninbalise GS sales.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Unlike Yellow, Crystal is flat out superior to GS (sorry Mareep). There's also a blank ID space in the eshop after Silver in all languages. They've likely held off on it so it doesn't caninbalise GS sales.

If they add Crystal then I will buy the game from virtual console plus a Super 3DS to replace my current one and buy Gold on there.

I probably won't get Red as I simply can not play it in black and white, I have gotten far too use to the shade of red when playing it on my GBA SP.

You just made two contradictory statements.

tenor.gif

Mareep is cool and all, I used one in my Silver team, but Crystal offer players a chance to use Electabuzz via the lucky egg so they don't miss too much without the electric sheep.

celebi23

Have any of you guys (that might've bought Gold/Silver from Amazon US) received an email with the code for this theme?
DKQoxY_WAAAOzJP.jpg

Amazon support has no info and I haven't received an email with the 3DS theme code yet either. I went by what Serebii said (and to be honest, I trust him more that Amazon CS agents).

lupinko

I'm breeding fancy ball Pokemon with egg moves and sometimes HA btw if anyone is interested.

I just did Dream Ball Petilil with HA and egg moves, same with Drifloon.

I'm so happy that my primary X game has everything done and is basically a breeding factory. Breeding Healing Wish was pretty annoying. I had to jump some hoops to breed that Drifloon.

- catch female Drifloon in NA Pearl, teach Defog
- trade Drifloon to JP Soul Silver
- bring up to JP Black 2
- trade to NA White 2, teach tailwind
- bring up to NA X, breed hypnosis and destiny bond
- take male parent and breed with HA Dream Ball drifloon with HA from Dream Radar
- take female with HA and egg moves in a Dream Ball and breed with 6IV Ditto
- ???
- party?

CazTGG

Have any of you guys (that might've bought Gold/Silver from Amazon US) received an email with the code for this theme?
DKQoxY_WAAAOzJP.jpg

Amazon support has no info and I haven't received an email with the 3DS theme code yet either. I went by what Serebii said (and to be honest, I trust him more that Amazon CS agents).

The theme popped up when I entered my Silver code after I selected "Download Later". Yours should do the same.

celebi23

The theme popped up when I entered my Silver code after I selected "Download Later". Yours should do the same.

Ah, well, here's the hitch: I already bought Gold & Silver on the eShop. I had a bit over $10 left on an Amazon gift card and bought Gold on Amazon just for the theme. I tried redeeming the game code and of course got the message that I had already redeemed that title. Did a theme code get displayed for you? Or, did the theme automatically download?

CazTGG

Ah, well, here's the hitch: I already bought Gold & Silver on the eShop. I had a bit over $10 left on an Amazon gift card and bought Gold on Amazon just for the theme. I tried redeeming the game code and of course got the message that I had already redeemed that title. Did a theme code get displayed for you? Or, did the theme automatically download?

Check your purchase history to see if it's there. My guess is that you're out of luck since no code appeared, it just said "a theme was included in your purchase, want to download it now?" or something along those lines.

No OT for gold & silver re-release? sad feels

If no one's putting one together, i'll do it.

Plasmid

Check your purchase history to see if it's there. My guess is that you're out of luck since no code appeared, it just said "a theme was included in your purchase, want to download it now?" or something along those lines.

If no one's putting one together, i'll do it.

I'd love one just for the nostalgia.

DKQoxY_WAAAOzJP.jpg

That's a really cool theme. Wonder what the music for it is.

Also when is the damn game unlocking jfc

CazTGG

That's a really cool theme. Wonder what the music for it is.

Also when is the damn game unlocking jfc

Gym leader theme. Plays the new game's (I think it's lifted from Sun/Moon but it could be X/Y/OR/AS) Pokemon Center jingle when you open it for some reason instead of using the original's.

Busaiku

I just realized Brock's new signature Pokémon isn't even a rock type.
He's also rocking Marowak now.

Why does he have the Boulder Badge.

lupinko

I just got Shiny Silvally from 7/11 today on my three Japanese games with specific dates for fun (within the redemption period).

I guess I just need one more Shiny for my shiny team for my first clear.

I have so far shinies Rowlet, Litten and Popplio all hatched from the same Eshop game with Shiny Tapu Koko and now Shiny Silvally.

I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Bounsweet at the moment or I'll just ESV Hatch one with my other games or on Reddit.

Too bad the Silvally won't obey me until I beat the game though.

I gotta practice the RNG method for my wondercards in addition to Lunala. Lol

Yeah, prior to finding out the RNG breakthrough I kept resetting at Lunala since last year. LOL

Hey it took me 6 months to SR for flawless Timid Latias in AS.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh lookie new Ultra Sun and Moon news...

Call it a hunch but it feels like that we are totally getting some Ultra Sun and Moon news tomorrow.

I freaking called it, though I was wrong as I assume that they would take the time to announce gen 2 Alola form.

I still suspect that we are getting more but I guess that they must be holding back on them.

In other news;

I managed to hold strong and not buy the Johto games from virtual console but I ended up buying Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Alma. ^_^;

Also my copy of Pokkén DX didn't arrive today. ;_;

Macka

"Over 400 Pokemon appear."

Seriously? Surely they have new Alolan variants, right? It's so weird that they haven't shown any off yet.

Gold is unlocking soon. Excited!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sooo I er caved in and brought Pokémon Silver.

I just realized Brock's new signature Pokémon isn't even a rock type.
He's also rocking Marowak now.

Why does he have the Boulder Badge.

Brock is a very confusing rock type trainer as in the gen 1 game neither of his Pokémon knew a rock type move and his underling had ground type Pokémon, plus in the animé he had Pokémon that weren't rock types and it wasn't until Sinnoh did he actually focus on a rock type.

"Over 400 Pokemon appear."

Seriously? Surely they have new Alolan variants, right? It's so weird that they haven't shown any off yet.

I am still of faith that they will show off new Alolan form eventually, I mean surely we will get more Ultra Sun and Moon info and we will probably will get a demo like we did for the Hoenn remake and for Sun and Moon with the latter debuting Alolan Dugtrio.

Top Bottom