• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

amar212

Unfortunately?

GT5 has been scaled back with every patch because it barely runs on the PS3.

I want GT6 on PS3 just for sake of more options and variety of content and *framework* presented in GT5 so I can have more content to play with until PS4 comes out. After almost 2 years of constant play, I am a bit burned-out with existing content, especially for weekend hangup races with my buddies.

I know how updates can do much, but I really hoped for some kind of bigger game with more tracks, more options for online and better Course Maker, with tweaked everything. Even damn Leaderboards maybe. Or Official Matchmaking.

Spec III for GT5 is now (after no show of GT6 on TGS, I agree with Snake on that one) only realistic expectation honestly. And I am not so happy about it, because I was hoping for a complete new game.

Getting GT6 out on the PS4 as fast as possible is really the best thing that Sony can do right now. The Vita is in bad shape and it's going to be next to impossible for it to recover, so they really should focus on making sure that the PS4 gets off to a running start. Having GT6 out within the first few months (or even year) would be huge.

Grim1ock

Banned
Gran turismo 6 for playstation 4. I am happy with that. New console, new features and more horsepower means totally new things for the series.

I think kaz is going for that magical gt3 feeling we all had when we first laid eyes on it.

Business

GT6 to release with a single city course that took 7 years to model.

No seriously, they really need to speed up the process of building tracks. Plus it's not like their tracks are the most perfect and detailed in the industry, don't get me wrong the ring and spa are great, but you know what I mean. The assets for the cars are already there, but I guess they will have to build some more detailed tracks from scratch for GT6, and it can't take them 2 years for each.

GT6 to release with a single city course that took 7 years to model.

No seriously, they really need to speed up the process of building tracks. Plus it's not like their tracks are the most perfect and detailed in the industry, don't get me wrong the ring and spa are great, but you know what I mean. The assets for the cars are already there, but I guess they will have to build some more detailed tracks from scratch for GT6, and it can't take them 2 years for each.

http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-track-logos-discovered-on-gran-turismo-5-website/
+
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-rumored-to-include-large-number-of-tracks/
=
?

Oh, and the GT5 does have the best version of the "Ring" (don't say it like that -.-) in the industry.

Business

My point was best tracks from a technological standpoint. Nordschleife in GT5 may be the best version in the business but it's asphalt feel is not the best for a track, and it's graphics aren't either.

And honestly, links to rumours?

My point was best tracks from a technological standpoint. Nordschleife in GT5 may be the best version in the business but it's asphalt feel is not the best for a track, and it's graphics aren't either.

Asphalt feel? What does that even mean?

And yes, it does have the best graphics. Maybe not on a tech level, but the end result is what matters, and GT5 representation of the Nurburgring still hasn't been topped.

And honestly, links to rumours?
Rumours? What rumours? It's things that actually happened.

Business

Asphalt feel? What does that even mean?
And yes, it does have the best graphics. Maybe not on a tech level, but the end result is what matters, and GT5 representation of the Nurburgring still hasn't been topped.

Let me try again if I can make you understand my point. What I mean is Gran Turismo is not using any kind of ground breaking technology for its tracks. The track itself, the asphalt, the road, is not laser scanned. The actual modelling of the tracks, the trees, the buildings, whatever is around, is not detailed beyond what everyone else is doing these days. Therefore, it strikes me it takes PD so long to develop tracks for Gran Turismo compared to what it's taking to pretty much every other developer.

Rumours? What rumours? It's things that actually happened.

GT6 to have a large number of tracks happened?
Logos found in some game folder are confirmation of tracks available for a future release?
Specially considering most of these logos belong to tracks of older versions of GT...

Let me try again if I can make you understand my point. What I mean is Gran Turismo is not using any kind of ground breaking technology for its tracks. The track itself, the asphalt, the road, is not laser scanned. The actual modelling of the tracks, the trees, the buildings, whatever is around, is not detailed beyond what everyone else is doing these days. Therefore, it strikes me it takes PD so long to develop tracks for Gran Turismo compared to what it's taking to pretty much every other developer.
"Let me try again if I can make you understand my point.", GT5 has THE BEST representation of the Nurburgring, either visually or model wise. It doesn't really matter what tech they used to capture or represent it.

GT6 to have a large number of tracks happened?
Read the article, not the title.
Logos found in some game folder are confirmation of tracks available for a future release?
Specially considering most of these logos belong to tracks of older versions of GT...
Older versions of GT, yet uploaded to the remote race foder, something only GT5 has, and the next version will most likely have it as well.

And no they're not confirmations, neither did I say they were. I was just mentioning stuff that might be indicative of what's coming. "Stuff" that isn't based on rumours.

Dead Man

Why did you even start? And to speak nonsense of all things...

I sure as hell wasn't talking to you so...

Jesus, only people you are directly speaking to can deign to reply? Get the fuck off it. What you posted amounts to official rumours. Nothing more. You make me hate talking on here about this game I have loved for decades.

Jesus, only people you are directly speaking to can deign to reply? Get the fuck off it. What you posted amounts to official rumours. Nothing more. You make me hate talking on here about this game I have loved for decades.

No, you're allowed to quote me just like everyone else, but when your second reply is just "can't talk to you" it just makes you look silly.

And again, they are NOT rumours. The title of the second link is what you can call a rumour, a rumour based on a FACTUAL interview, which is what I was linking to. I didn't post the link for the title, if you only read the titles on articles then that's your problem. If I wanted to highlight the title as the point I was trying to get across I would have.

I wasn't saying that GT6 is for sure going to have lots of tracks, I was saying that there's several indications that it might be happening. I think the ""+""=? made it pretty obvious what I was trying to get across.

Niks

Getting GT6 out on the PS4 as fast as possible is really the best thing that Sony can do right now. The Vita is in bad shape and it's going to be next to impossible for it to recover, so they really should focus on making sure that the PS4 gets off to a running start. Having GT6 out within the first few months (or even year) would be huge.

YES.

GT6 reveal at E3 2013, release in Nov 2013. PS3.

NO.

That would mean the PS4 would be released fourth quarter of 2014. I don't see that happening... the PS3 doesn't have 2 more years of life in it.
Spec III on the other hand is very likely to be announced/released on E3 2013.

paskowitz

This is my prediction: GT6 is announced at e3 2013 as a PS4 title. It will not be a launch window or launch title. The PS4 will however launch with demo version of GT6 a la GTHD. GT6 will release in full late 2014.

NO.

That would mean the PS4 would be released fourth quarter of 2014. I don't see that happening... the PS3 doesn't have 2 more years of life in it.
Spec III on the other hand is very likely to be announced/released on E3 2013.

Or... March 2015

lol

Dead Man

This is my prediction: GT6 is announced at e3 2013 as a PS4 title. It will not be a launch window or launch title. The PS4 will however launch with demo version of GT6 a la GTHD. GT6 will release in full late 2014.

What I expect: GT6 is announced as a launch title. It misses that date. It will release 3 months later, buggy and unfinished again. The non JPN car listing will be weak, as will the track line up. The will include great tracks like Bathurst, but there will not be enough of them The game design will still be separated into too many parts, instead of creating a while like they were moving toward with 4.

What I hope: GT6 is announced as a first 6 months title, given a firm date by launch. Give them a bit of extra time to polish, and get an install base out there before they get thrown to the wolves. No separate arcade mode, a/b spec changeable on the fly like GT4.

offshore

I'm feeling pretty good about how GT6 will turn out. They know they fucked up with GT5, so they're not gonna want to make that mistake again; but on the other hand, so many things have to improve, and I dunno if have the faith in PD to do it.

Has anybody noticed though that after GT5 shipped, they tidied up and rearranged their studio? Thought it was a curious thing to do, maybe it was a reaction *shrug*

dubc35

GT 1: 12/1997
GT 2: 12/1999
GT 3: 7/2001
GT 4: 2/2005
GT 5: 11/2010
* NA release dates (obviously leaves out HD and the JPN concept games)

I'd say late 2014 at the earliest. I wouldn't rule out late 2015 or early 2016 either though. I was on the fence about buying a console during this generation (wii/ps3/360). I'm leaning more to not buying one next gen so it looks like GT5 will probably be my last GT.

Kwixotik

Is basic GT5 with no DLC worth it for $10? I don't have a steering wheel and haven't played a racing game since GT3, but I've got a craving.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11

8004348951_aab786bd5cdvo1o.jpg

8004350606_c53ca21d7a2fqn5.jpg

BRZ

8004349069_2a6ab61852jop1k.jpg

GTR GT Academy '12

8004348989_10e540137dclr1d.jpg

A free downloadable update coming next week will add several new enhancements to GT5, as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the update 2.08 include:
Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/20/gran-turismo-5-three-new-cars-update-2-08-out-tuesday/

Release date is next Tuesday. Cars are .99 each.

Booo!

I was sure GTR GT Academy '12 was gonna be free.

No collisions is an awesome addition.

"ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races."

I was wondering why they were showing up on the Asian GT Academy finals, I guess that explains it.

Dead Man

Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

Any idea what this actually means?

Niks

- Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
- Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
- Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

Most significant changes for GAF/online races. Also DAT HSV-010

Most significant changes for GAF races. Also DAT HSV-010

I think "Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races."

is also pretty significant. If we still stick to the rules of not trying to crash, but with collisions off, if accidents happen, they're meaningless.

kiyomi

Interesting update. I'm curious as to how no collisions will work. Will it be similar to the way the game already ghosts cars that are in potentially dangerous situations?

Personally I feel like the whole point of collisions is that it forces you to race in a clean way (if that is your intention of course :p), but I'd like to try the no collisions racing for myself.

Hard to talk about the changes for tyre wear until I've raced it.

Top Bottom