• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

mbpm1

I'm stealing this

Rhapsody

Banned
Posted this in the SFV OT, but I could use some help here too if anyone knows offhand.

Tried playing this game again on Steam. I've had the "Instruction at (etc) referenced memory at (etc). The memory could not be read" before, but now it's happening when I start the game rather than after closing it. Anyone have any tips? Can't play the game at all now. It was working fine just last week.

NEO0MJ

Posted this in the SFV OT, but I could use some help here too if anyone knows offhand.

Tried playing this game again on Steam. I've had the "Instruction at (etc) referenced memory at (etc). The memory could not be read" before, but now it's happening when I start the game rather than after closing it. Anyone have any tips? Can't play the game at all now. It was working fine just last week.

Reinstall the game, maybe?

Seyavesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90fPYaI84pQ

Follow this guy's channel and stream. Also follow on Reddit.

Patch notes:

https://pastebin.com/VsHNYK50

those patchnotes are actually p. old- this stuff is being worked on at a daily level in terms of changes so it's hard to keep up, haha.

to note, there are actually 3 separate 'mods' going on, with emc's being the biggest in terms of changes as it incorporates his own stuff alongside other folks- his doesn't have an official name yet but right now it's just going as "project mahvel"- his goal is to make a big fresh new experience by changing up a lot of stuff, from chars themselves to assists available and whatnot. his is probably gonna be the biggest in terms of public exposure since he's got the most connections and is planning some shit for it in terms of getting the word out.

there's also "hyper umvc3" which is just a for-fun mod by eternalyoshi who is basically changing every char's assists into supers that take a bar because Why Not. it's a for fun kinda deal

my own personal one is "umvc3 arcade edition" which is aiming to be more lowkey than emc's. it's more in line w/ a "balance patch" in spirit, trying to keep what the game is generally the same in terms of what can be done, w/ changes across chars that make them better without changing the spirit of the character.

nobody makin' these really expects any of 'em to last past mvci so these are mostly just for fun in these last few months of marvel as a way to freshen up the game. not sure what the other dudes are doin' but i've been testing mine out at my local arcade and been havin' a blast. haven't had any negative impressions yet from actual play which is surprising!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwyIG_-4hs

Rhapsody

Banned
Reinstall the game, maybe?

I tried. Did a clean reinstall for my nvidia drivers, reinstalled the game, and rebooted after all this. Game still won't run :(

Edit: Looks like SFV is finally working now after who knows how many changes and tweaks I did.

BadWolf

Really hype KoF tournament in China this weekend.
Xiaohai got owned by Goro Daimon

Word is that the viewership for XIV's top 8 was 100K and the grand final was over 160K.

There was a KoF97 tournament after that and the viewership for that was about 110K.

Numb

I feel SNK did a much better job spreading their games in poorer countries than any other arcade company, as even in the Middle East their cabinets seemed to be widespread. I wonder why or how it happened.

Everything was SnK in east Africa till SFII came way later
Don't know why either

BadWolf

I feel SNK did a much better job spreading their games in poorer countries than any other arcade company, as even in the Middle East their cabinets seemed to be widespread. I wonder why or how it happened.

Piracy was a big factor, MVS and carts were cheap and easy to get.

It was also what SNK attributed their bankruptcy in 2000 to.

Word is that the viewership for XIV's top 8 was 100K and the grand final was over 160K.

There was a KoF97 tournament after that and the viewership for that was about 110K.

Xiao too focused on killing his SFV demon that he got left behind in KOF

For Pakistan at least, it must be our connection to China.

Street Fighter and other fighting games are nowhere near as big as KoF is here. Almost everyone I know has memories of going to the arcade and playing KoF games there.

I remember my older brother getting yelled at by my dad for playing KoF at the arcades with a dude that turned out to be a contract killer for a major gang/political party ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All this Injustass hype got me pumped to rewatch some old DCAU cartoons. This episode is about a criminal mastermind using an arcade center as a front.

This reminded me that one of my favorite aspects of Injustice 1/2 is that they get most of the voice actors from the DCAU shows (like Justice League and Teen Titans) to reprise their roles.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Don't suppose this was on twitch?

I thought I read somewhere is was easier to get the bootleg carts (and nobody gave a crap) in these other countries.

BadWolf

Dah, with DDDA coming to gen8 consoles what would you do if Itsuno was working on DD2 instead of DMC?

Be very, very surprised.

DMC5 would be both a lot cheaper to make and sell more.

Capcom probably saw the numbers DD sold on PC (about 700k?) and then looked at what the RE5 and RE6 remasters sold on consoles (over a million each) and decided to make some easy money with DD for current gen.

Either way, whether it's DMC5 or DD2 that Itsuno is working on it's a win-win situation.

Dahbomb

Dah, with DDDA coming to gen8 consoles what would you do if Itsuno was working on DD2 instead of DMC?
This statement assumes that Itsuno isn't working on DMC5 which isn't true. At least not in this universe/dimension.

In a different universe/dimension, I would be cool with Itsuno working on DD2 because I liked DD1. It's very obvious that the game was very ambitious but held back by budget constraints which might get ironed out in a sequel.

Top Bottom