• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He's the best tbh,

Also his VA is so damn good. He really sells the character incredibly well.

Too bad his character is such a Shounen-lead stereotype to the max. I am getting tired to that kind of archetype, to the honest.

He's getting the boot off my team as soon as Yusuke joins the Phantom Thieves, lol.

Totakeke

Why say no?

Some of them doesn't really give any hints that you should be in a relationship with them but you can still romance any of the female confidants. Some of them do give you hints that they are expecting a relationship and are visibly down when you don't go that route at the end of the scene.

with that said, bring 'em on..... bring them ALL on!

JF1r0kp.jpg
You're a monster. A monster!

Yeah I think I'm going for Makoto. She is cool.

Ann is way to obvious of a choice imo.

The teacher is also a pretty good option though.... Argh!

Is there a social link/confidant that is similar to margaret in p4 where you had to make a pereona with a certain skill in order to increase it? -_- that shit was stressful.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone please tell me just by arcana name which confidants don't require matching personas and are always leveled up in their events ?

I don't want to be filling up my Persona menu with unneeded arcanas

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Can i just mention that Futaba's evolved persona is.... bad. Just real bad. Should have switched the designs, because her first one was pretty sweet.

I loved Morgana so, so much. Way better character filling that kind of role than Teddy was. But, I'm also a cat person, so that kinda helped.

Morgana also stays useful throughout the game thanks to the exp mechanics and thanks to P5 having fewer role overlaps than P4.

Can i just mention that Futaba's evolved persona is.... bad. Just real bad. Should have switched the designs, because her first one was pretty sweet.

I'm not in love with the...imagery...of Futaba's first encounter with her persona, either.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
That's an argument I've had for a lot of the evolved forms. I'd say the same for both Ann and Makoto as well.

The only one that I would argue against is Ryuji's. They're both great.

Yusuke's is pretty close too, but I loved this guy:

40003-Mystical_Ninja_Starring_Goemon_(USA)-1.jpg

I haven't seen Haru's or Morgana's yet, though.

EDIT: Let me know if anyone thinks that picture counts as a spoiler.

Lol how so, considering that
there is a scene where all the girls that you dated simultaneously accosted you of being a playa in the game.

You really wanna know ? SPOILERS

i REPEAT :

SPOILERS

The girls realise that something is going on when a certain event happens VERY LATE , like epilogue stuff , so during the course of teh game , they aren't aware of it. A very late plot device make them realise that the player is dating several girls...but during the course of the game they aren't aware of it.

AS for what happens , it's pretty obvious , if you look at the calendar( when the game starts and when the game ends )

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not gonna click thaaaaaaaaaaaaat Thanatos as I am currently still on the 3rd month, investigating the
mafia guy..

Not gonna cliiiick thaaaaat.

I saw the pic
of all the girls accosting the MC on Valentine Day
so I just assumed it was a painful light-hearted comedic scene like in P4 but if not then nooooooooooooooooooooo I don't want to knooooooow.

I just want to experience them all..
Your waifus aren't Pokemon Cornbread. I bet you play all the routes in a VN too. Like I said you're an impure monster!

;)

Atlus should make the SLs have more consequences/reverse/no longer give perks or remove the skip button during Valentine's Day + make it more heart wrenching.

beril

Anyone else super creeped out by the maid/teacher?

I do not want to spend time with her, but I know how helpful her Slink rewards are.

And she's expensive as hell.

Yea that whole thing made me uncomfortable as hell and just felt like a "WTF Japan"-moment.

I've only reached rank 2 with her so far so maybe her actual story improves, but the way it was introduced kindof soured the whole game for a me a bit and made the characters involved in that subplot a lot less likable

What should be my stats around June time. I've got knowledge and guts at 3 and everything else at 2 and think I might have spent my time wrong. Working on the 3rd dungeon right now.

I didn't expect Makoto to suddenly be so badass.

She might have shot right up to current best girl.

Welcome to the family. I was bias from the start but girl won me over the minute she decided to turn it up a gear. Need to work on my social status to chill with her.

Jiraiza

Kind of curious, are there any canon side pairings? Not expecting much from a Persona game in that regard, but worth asking. Aside from my foot and Morgana, the cheeky little bastard.

Having watching the videos of the Confidant, I actually don't like that the teacher is romanceable. Not out of some Moral Outrage though so much as it doesn't make any logical sense based on how her story unfolded.

Without going into too much detail, the teacher's backstory is about how she is being blackmailed by a former student's guardians and her job is at risk. After resolving all of that, I feel like it's completely OOC for her to immediately jump into a secret relationship with the Protag. Especially since the story has her break things off anyway when she acknowledges that it would be best to wait for him to Graduate.

Felt more like the writers "having their cake and eating it too."

Kind of curious, are there any canon side pairings? Not expecting much from a Persona game in that regard, but worth asking. Aside from my foot and Morgana, the cheeky little bastard.

I believe the game avoids any "favoritism" this go around like the past two games.

Vlaphor

I've only played about six hours, so I can't speak with too much certainty, but I will say "Holy Shit Ann!". Seriously, I can't say for sure if she'll replace Rise as my favorite Persona waifu, but I could see it happening.

Top Bottom