• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Fuu
Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(06-22-2017, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm five episodes in, and Reggie STILL so far has less than 3 minutes of screen time holy shit

Reggie's actor was busy with other stuff during filming and they couldn't use him as much as they wanted. Same for Josie's.

There's a new actor playing Reggie in season 2, which means he'll probably have a more active role in the show.
ShadyK54
(06-22-2017, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Ghost_Messiah

For me it's:

1. Betty, just for her heart and emotion
2. Veronica, for generally being a beautiful goddess
3. Cheryl, beautiful, but loses points for her personality - though admittedly she's probably a completely different girl in real life

I'm probably going to get called out for blasphemy for putting Betty above Veronica, lol.

Switch Betty & Veronica, and that's my list. All for the same reasons as well.

Love all their sass as well lol.
Fuu
(06-26-2017, 10:19 PM)
Some season 2 content:

Here's a behind the scenes shot from the first day of filming #Riverdale Season 2 as @kj_apa and @CamilaMendes meet some very happy fans!

Veronica is on set for the first day of shooting for #Riverdale Season 2!

Jughead and Betty hard at work on Season 2 of #Riverdale.

👋🤳👀 #Riverdale

Reggie and the Pussycats. #Riverdale

Archie's mom is back for #Riverdale Season 2! Hi, Mary!

Pachimari
(06-26-2017, 10:26 PM)
Yeah, I can't be anything other than excited.

I would love to be standing there with the fans on the first shot.
Joni
(06-27-2017, 05:52 AM)
Good to see mom Archie is back.
Fritz
(06-27-2017, 06:18 AM)
SPOILER,

but the good kind
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(06-27-2017, 06:26 AM)
Valerie spotted!

Those set pics have put me back on #TeamVeronica. I'm happy for them, show really seems to have found a passionate fanbase. I have to see like a million of those RiverdaleConfession pages everytime I go on Instagram explore lol
nitewulf
(06-29-2017, 05:04 AM)
I enjoyed this way more than I should have...
Eidan
(07-03-2017, 10:29 PM)
Just finished episode 10 on Netflix. It's an interesting show, definitely not what I expected going it. Archie is easily the least likeable character, but the kid portraying Jughead is easily the worst actor. Something about his delivery is so stilted and void of personality or life. It's hard to take any of his scenes seriously.

But I think the rest of the cast does a great job. I'm really surprised how much the show often seems to put the kids in the background to focus on the greater feuds between in the parents, which I admit, are ridiculous. I don't believe any grown man despises another family so much that he'd treat his daughter the way Betty's dad treated Polly.

Still an entertaining enough watch.
Fuu
(07-07-2017, 03:31 AM)
archiecomics: The first episode of #Riverdale Season 2 has finished filming!

cj_iwakura
(07-07-2017, 03:57 AM)
Well, they know their target demo.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(07-07-2017, 06:14 AM)
New Reggie is a downgrade imo. He looks too much like a model. Dumb jock look is much better to me.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(07-07-2017, 09:02 AM)
I saw that ArchieComics tweet. I was like "They posting thirst trap tweets now?" Lol
Fuu
(07-07-2017, 01:08 PM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

Well, they know their target demo.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyjin

I saw that ArchieComics tweet. I was like "They posting thirst trap tweets now?" Lol

You won't see me complaining!

A bit more context on that pic, it was first posted by KJ Apa on his instagram, then Archiecomics saw the chance and re-posted it on twitter and their own ig. This is what KJ said about it:

"First ep of riverdale season 2 is wrapped up. directed by the legend @robseidenglanz who is an epic director, but more importantly, an epic human being. One of the narliest weeks of shooting I've done in a wee while, can't wait for you guys to see what we're doing with Season2!! 1 in the bank!! 21 left to go. #deehaa haha u know what's up when u get into your trailer in the morning and the only wardrobe you have is a pair of skin* coloured jocks."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWOMEG2nFSI/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Realeza
(07-10-2017, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Eidan

Just finished episode 10 on Netflix. It's an interesting show, definitely not what I expected going it. Archie is easily the least likeable character, but the kid portraying Jughead is easily the worst actor. Something about his delivery is so stilted and void of personality or life. It's hard to take any of his scenes seriously.

But I think the rest of the cast does a great job. I'm really surprised how much the show often seems to put the kids in the background to focus on the greater feuds between in the parents, which I admit, are ridiculous. I don't believe any grown man despises another family so much that he'd treat his daughter the way Betty's dad treated Polly.

Still an entertaining enough watch.

What? Jughead is great.
cj_iwakura
(07-11-2017, 12:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Fuu

I expect equal opportunity when Sabrina shows up.
ZeroX03
(07-11-2017, 02:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Fuu

A bit more context on that pic, it was first posted by KJ Apa on his instagram, then Archiecomics saw the chance and re-posted it on twitter and their own ig. This is what KJ said about it:

"First ep of riverdale season 2 is wrapped up. directed by the legend @robseidenglanz who is an epic director, but more importantly, an epic human being. One of the narliest weeks of shooting I've done in a wee while, can't wait for you guys to see what we're doing with Season2!! 1 in the bank!! 21 left to go. #deehaa haha u know what's up when u get into your trailer in the morning and the only wardrobe you have is a pair of skin* coloured jocks."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWOMEG2nFSI/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

The most important part of that caption is the 22 episode count confirmed.
jwk94
(07-11-2017, 05:31 AM)
I really hate this new Reggie. He looks too much like a model, even compared to the cw people.

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

The most important part of that caption is the 22 episode count confirmed.

Eh, i kinda hate long seasons.

I expect equal opportunity when Sabrina shows up.

I can't wait for this to be confirmed. Gonna need her to be the baddest chick in town.
iosefe
(07-11-2017, 06:28 AM)

Originally Posted by jwk94

I really hate this new Reggie. He looks too much like a model, even compared to the cw people.

Eh, i kinda hate long seasons.

I can't wait for this to be confirmed. Gonna need her to be the baddest chick in town.

give me Dove Cameron or give me death
Ghost_Messiah
(07-11-2017, 04:48 PM)
Super glad it was successful and popular enough to garner a proper full season order. One of the most enjoyable new shows I've seen in forever - such a guilty pleasure.

Looking forward to S2!
Fuu
(07-13-2017, 06:08 PM)
ZeroX03
(07-14-2017, 03:40 AM)
The score releases on July 21st... the digital releases usually come pretty close after that, they're not always great with simultaneous release.

DominoKid
Geocities gawdamn :(
(07-14-2017, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Fuu

i think every girl in school is a River Vixen. except Ethyl.
Aaron Strife
Honk if you love cookies.
(07-15-2017, 02:38 AM)
Me and my gf started watching this, we're six episodes in.

Man, this show is the best. I've been genuinely surprised by some of the twists in the mystery plot, but also I just love shitty teen drama.

I don't think I would have started watching this had I not known the characters. Do Scooby next.
Joni
(07-15-2017, 09:12 AM)
It is time for some CW casting. LiveWire from Supergirl is joining Riverdale.
http://tvline.com/2017/07/14/riverda...head-attorney/
cj_iwakura
(07-15-2017, 12:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Fuu

If I were to have my yuri goggles on, I'd have to wonder about Betty's intentions there.
Ghost_Messiah
(07-18-2017, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Fuu

Is it me, or do Betty and Veronica look adorable in every photo of them.

Cool to see season 2's going full speed ahead, and with more episodes too! Best discovery of the year for me, in terms of compelling television shows. Loved it.
GhostWriter24
(07-21-2017, 06:07 AM)
S2 is going to kick your asses...I'm so, so excited for Oct 11th, gang.
cj_iwakura
(07-21-2017, 06:48 AM)

Originally Posted by GhostWriter24

We better get that Sabrina spin off afterward.

(Are we getting an Afterlife ep?)
Zousi
(07-21-2017, 06:58 AM)

How's the overall spirit around the troops? Writers through actors pumped and motivated i'm sure. S2, we are waiting!
Swamped
(07-21-2017, 09:00 AM)
I cannot wait for season 2! Just marathoned season 1 lol. Glad I don't have to wait too long.
ZeroX03
(07-21-2017, 09:23 AM)
Cole isn't going to give you spoilers guys. He's a pro, he's survived in this business since he was a kid, you don't do that by just leaking stuff on forums.

He PMs me stuff constantly though!
Fuu
(07-21-2017, 05:07 PM)
KJ can't keep his hands off Cole anymore.

ShadyK54
(07-21-2017, 05:40 PM)

Pachimari
(07-22-2017, 10:18 PM)
SSDC: Riverdale S2 sneak peek.
WadiumArcadium
(07-22-2017, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Good trailer.

The hell happened to Cheryl's mum?
ZeroX03
(07-23-2017, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Oh man. I actually expected more from this than any of the sneak peeks, they've been filming like two weeks longer. I guess they don't want spoilers out.

Archie going full Batman. I'm glad they figured out the "it's a hit" angle quickly. Hiram is the Angel of Death.
cj_iwakura
(07-23-2017, 02:09 AM)

Originally Posted by WadiumArcadium

Good trailer.

The hell happened to Cheryl's mum?

She went into the burning house maybe?
Grizzlyjin
(07-23-2017, 04:01 AM)
Riverdale Comic Con Panel Part 1
Dead Prince
(Yesterday, 01:36 PM)
E! got a 16 minute interview with them during Comic Con. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODa5NV1mJz8
Grizzlyjin
(Yesterday, 04:55 PM)
Riverdale Comic Con Panel Part 2
EastOfEden
(Today, 01:59 AM)
Nooo they're replacing Reggie. :(

She went into the burning house maybe?

To rescue the grandma probably. I thought she died in the finale lol :/
Dead Prince
(Today, 02:21 AM)
let's be honest. cheryl threw acid on her mom. probably went on a 2 minute speech during it.
Fuu
(Today, 03:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Dead Prince

let's be honest. cheryl threw acid on her mom. probably went on a 2 minute speech during it.

#momsaretough