• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood in new NP

FoxSpirit

Snaku said:
Thread needs more Sonic & Sally!

6ye7lt1.jpg

This is... o_O

Okay, I will now happily ship Tails x Amy. Hurray!! :lol

Snaku

Banned
Linkzg said:
I just read up on this game in the issue of nintendo power I just got and wow, this game looks amazing.

first sonic game since Sonic Adventure I am really looking forward to.

I finally got the issue, and fucking wow indeed!

Positives
-Art is gorgeous
-Shade is the best new Sonic character design since Metal Sonic
-Eggman to become credible villain again
-Epic Bioware story
-Awesome Bioware branching dialogue
-Classic stages & music return
-Trying to bring back classic Sonic feel

Negatives
-Article should have been another 20 pages long

Desi

Snaku said:
I finally got the issue, and fucking wow indeed!

Positives
-Art is gorgeous
-Shade is the best new Sonic character design since Metal Sonic
-Eggman to become credible villain again
-Epic Bioware story
-Awesome Bioware branching dialogue
-Classic stages & music return
-Trying to bring back classic Sonic feel

Negatives
-Article should have been another 20 pages long
So damn true. I wanted more zone pictures!

I at first thought the article may have been too long but after reading it not anymore. So much more I wish was explained. Bioware did suck up to Nintendo Power a awful lot though in the review section.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032507546.jpg
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032506343.jpg
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032505671.jpg
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032510296.jpg
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032510999.jpg

Yaaaaaa-

sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032504312.jpg
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-20080215032509703.jpg
sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-interview-20080215030310353.jpg

-aaaaaaaaah.

"Aah" at that last one because any scenario involving both Sonic and tentacles is never good for the Internet.

Snaku

Banned
butsomuch said:

Reads like an extremely bare bones version of the Nintendo Power article/interview. I'm saddened that they didn't ask for any information on Shade. And I want to know if there'll be any SatAM cameos. I'd totally freak out if the other dimension in the second half of the game is the SatAM universe. :D

Amir0x

Banned
Crushed said:
*images*
-aaaaaaaaah.

"Aah" at that last one because any scenario involving both Sonic and tentacles is never good for the Internet.

Yeah the 3D looks awful, but I don't actually think that's a tentacle in the last scene. It appears to be a tree trunk sticking out of the water.

All non-3D scenes look :D

Snaku said:
Reads like an extremely bare bones version of the Nintendo Power article/interview. I'm saddened that they didn't ask for any information on Shade. And I want to know if there'll be any SatAM cameos. I'd totally freak out if the other dimension in the second half of the game is the SatAM universe. :D

That's like my dream scenerio. But, Sega will never ok that.

Also, I refuse to like Big, Bioware! Big or Cream! You hear me? I refuse!

The game will still be awesome though.

Snaku

Banned
crowphoenix said:
That's like my dream scenerio. But, Sega will never ok that.

It continues to exist in the Sonic the Hedgehog comics to this day. Sega can't be too against it.

/hope

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Snaku said:
Will have given Bioware almost 3 years of development time though. That's probably the most time a Sonic gave has EVER gotten. :D

Bioware cant do any wrong lately. i trust them

Snaku

Banned
Christopher said:
I like the fact that they're going to give the characters a bit more depth.

For more Sonic goodness check out the intro to Sonic Adventure One:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=to5de6VtRy4

STILL fucking epic. I love that game.

I just started replaying it earlier tonight and got up to action stage 4 (the ice one). Brought back so many memories of Dreamcast launch day....

I glitched out of the first stage and fell to my death almost immediately. :lol Aside from the load times, there's isn't much difference between SA and Sonic Next Gen. Both are extremely finicky and you can die at any given moment for no reason. I think by the time we got around to SNG, that kind of shit just wasn't acceptable anymore.

They need to dump the 3D and hand draw that shit, pronto IMO. Also, ditch Sonic's shitty friends (sans Tails and Knuckles I guess) and make new and hopefully better ones.

CAN SOMEONE GET THE MEMO TO SEGA THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT SONIC'S SHITTY FRIENDS?

Tails and Knuckles are cool. Everyone else, not so much.

Christopher

Snaku said:
I just started replaying it earlier tonight and got up to action stage 4 (the ice one). Brought back so many memories of Dreamcast launch day....

I glitched out of the first stage and fell to my death almost immediately. :lol Aside from the load times, there's isn't much difference between SA and Sonic Next Gen. Both are extremely finicky and you can die at any given moment for no reason. I think by the time we got around to SNG, that kind of shit just wasn't acceptable anymore.

Nah dude Sonic Next Gen was just completely broken, you have to be SO precisie in that game - at least Sonic Adventure gave you a LOT of leway in terms of precision. I always felt the slighest mistake in that game would bring my death.

Snaku

Banned
Christopher said:
Nah dude Sonic Next Gen was just completely broken, you have to be SO precisie in that game - at least Sonic Adventure gave you a LOT of leway in terms of precision. I always felt the slighest mistake in that game would bring my death.

In some stages, yeah. If you looked at the TV wrong you were gonna die. :lol

Anyway, that's all behind us now. Nothing but AAA gaming from here on out, right Bioware? :D

gdt

Holy.

Shit.

The game looks fantastic. Cant fucking wait. After ME, I am love in with Bioware. And hopefully the will push the other Sonic devs to make a GOOD Sonic game.

Day 1.

They did. It's called Sonic Rush Adventure. Buy it or STFU. :D

sonic-chronicles-the-dark-brotherhood-interview-20080215030310353.jpg

Those little character change icons aren't in the other shot. Two of them look new, Tails' looks edited, and Sonic's is straight out of one of the recent GBA Sonic games. So they're still working with placeholder assets, I wonder how far along they actually are.

Christopher

I really liked the direction of the story in the 360 one sans the killing of Sonic, and the kiss - which wasn't THAT bad. The ending was also pretty well done too.

I wonder if they will ever rerelease the game, but polish it up.

Zilch

Banned
polyh3dron said:
CAN SOMEONE GET THE MEMO TO SEGA THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT SONIC'S SHITTY FRIENDS?

Tails and Knuckles are cool. Everyone else, not so much.

That's not true at all. As much as I like Sonic, I enjoy playing as other characters too.

Scribble

NGamer said:
Just 15 minutes of play saw Sonic consider leaving Knuckles to rot - a choice on the conversation tree that can't, sadly, be acted out - and a bizarrely adult moment in which prim Amy says to mammalian slattern Rouge the Bat, "You're a tramp!".

Heh.

plank

The images look great, I'm waiting to see how it looks in motion though. Normally I'm not too particular to turn based rpgs, but I'll be looking at how this one shapes up.

Top Bottom