• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop drops 3DS price to $150 right before Vita launch. Permanent? UP: Sure ain't!

Mengetsu

Cheeky move by Nintendo, clearly intended to affect the launch of the Vita. But I'm not sure if another $20 will make a huge difference when the disparity is already pretty big.

It will make an enough point when parents are walking into GS and compare those prices. It's all on the "Hardcore" gamers and heavy Phone users to drive up the Vita sales.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It will make an enough point when parents are walking into GS and compare those prices. It's all on the "Hardcore" gamers and heavy Phone users to drive up the Vita sales.

Parents won't buy a Vita instead a 3DS for their kids - a Vita with a game and MC will cost +300 bucks, no parent will spend that cash outside of holidays for their kids.

20 bucks or not, Vita just like the 3DS at the beginning is priced to high for the mainstream.

I think the exact terms were that the first announced cosmetic revision would have two analog sticks; an internal revision (say, a new wifi chip or something) would not count, but a "supplementary model" would, and I'd win or lose on the basis of that model only, not any subsequent revisions. I think. I can't even find the thread I made the bet in, I'm such a degenerate.

Wrong bet. That was my bet with Neuromancer about Rocksteady making a Ninja Turtles game (I bet against, he bet for). The terms for that were a little complicated because they involved betting that an announcement would not happen. The 3DS bet is set to whenever Nintendo announces the first redesign.

Here

cash bet: $10 of my money against $10 of your money, to be paid in paypal or steam gifts

my position: the next 3DS hardware revision, when it is announced, will have a second analog stick.

your position: either the 3DS never gets a hardware revision, or when it does, it does not have the second analog stick built in.

any takers? :p

This price is in store too, or at least supposed to be? The gamestop by work, when I asked was like "nope" to the price and said it was a web only thing. I use their site and choose in store pickup and it quotes me the "in store price" as the sale price.

bill0527

This price is in store too, or at least supposed to be? The gamestop by work, when I asked was like "nope" to the price and said it was a web only thing. I use their site and choose in store pickup and it quotes me the "in store price" as the sale price.

I bought mine in-store yesterday.

You got a lazy or dumb clerk. Tell him your friend bought one yesterday at the Gamestop on High Pointe Drive in Newburgh, IN and the clerk that sold it to him was named Luke.

And speaking of the 3DS now that I've had it for about 36 hours.. I love the 3D on it. I only picked up Super Mario Land, but I've downloaded the Resident Evil and Mario vs. Sonic Demos and played around with several of the apps. Face Raiders is going to give me nightmares. I picked up Super Street Fighter IV 3D at Sam's Club today on clearance for $19.99 and that's pretty slick also.

The only problem I'm having with it - and its a major problem is that I can't play for more than 15 minutes. My thumb joint just can't hold up and it gets sore, along with most of my left hand. I ordered This grip from Amazon and hopefully it will help.

Alucrid

Banned
So uh.. I think im getting one tomorrow. How are the 3ds games looking? I'm thinking of grabbing devil survivor overclocked. Considering I have 5 yers or so of backlog in terms of ds games what should I be looking at in terms of estate of / jrpgs?

So uh.. I think im getting one tomorrow. How are the 3ds games looking? I'm thinking of grabbing devil survivor overclocked. Considering I have 5 yers or so of backlog in terms of ds games what should I be looking at in terms of estate of / jrpgs?
You have a lot of catch up to do.

Radiant Story
Suikoden Tierkreis
Golden Sun 3
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
The World Ends With You
Luminous Arc (still waiting for LA3!)
Sands of Destruction
Super Robot Wars Endless Frontier (still waiting for EXCEED!)

And so on... I have to play some of these games as well.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
You have a lot of catch up to do.

Radiant Story
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
The World Ends With You
Luminous Arc (still waiting for LA3!)
Super Robot Wars Endless Frontier (still waiting for EXCEED!)

And so on... I have to play some of these games as well.
The list is shorter when you keep the crap out of it.

SS: Nostalgia is one of the best, post game content is incredibly awesome.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DS games look pretty bad on the 3DS, though, in my experience. Certainly playable but not the optimal way to experience them.

The list is shorter when you keep the crap out of it.

SS: Nostalgia is one of the best, post game content is incredibly awesome.

I really don't understand all the hate for Suikoden Tierkreis. It's not a traditional Suikoden game and I understand that fans of the series were disappointed, but honestly it was a fun game imo and it's one of the few RPGs on the DS that I actually played non-stop and fully beat.

Top Bottom