• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

R1CHO

But, does it work with the PoE username, or just with characters names?

Because:

i1nVErYommJlI.png

But i havent really tried the friend system.

PS: Late to the party

worth going "supporter" or leeching f2p won't impose me any limitation?
how many chara slot if i come AFTER open beta? how many i get if i buy the 15$ license?

But, does it work with the PoE username, or just with characters names?

Because:

i1nVErYommJlI.png

But i havent really tried the friend system.

PS: Late to the party

I dunno. I just asked in global chat and they say accounts I tried to add someone and it said no character by that name...

JWong

Banned
worth going "supporter" or leeching f2p won't impose me any limitation?
how many chara slot if i come AFTER open beta? how many i get if i buy the 15$ license?

Everyone gets 22 slots as it was in CB. I think it's 22 slots. Anyway, more than enough because the design of the game encourages creating and failing.

Jackl

Think I might just go templar summoner build again.

Yes I know, it probably isn't optimal in the long run. But I love the laziness of just walking around watching everything die.

syko de4d

2 hours ago:
775870 Accounts on the website

now:

781980 Accounts on the website

So over 6.000 new Accounts just in the last 2 hours, be ready for massive amount of players today :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Woke up from the nap... Dreamt that the alarm didn't wake me up and that I missed the launch... :lol

2 hours ago:
775870 Accounts on the website

now:

781980 Accounts on the website

So over 6.000 new Accounts just in the last 2 hours, be ready for massive amount of players today :lol

Damn. Guesses on the numbers after the first week of OB?

I could see them getting over the 1 million mark in one week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope you have prepared yourself for the possibility that you will not be able to login.
I'll be on the GAF Mumble channel for the inevitable, real time rage!

Sort of glad I'll be busy for the first ~6 hours of the open beta. Hopefully it's calmed down by the time I'm able to start playing.

And if anyone else will only be doing hardcore league, feel free to add me on PoE, name is buch_. I'll be rolling ranger / witch. Still not sure on what builds...

Arksy

Yeah I can't imagine the servers of a humble New Zealand company being able to survive the onslaught of the positive word of mouth this game has spread.

Yoshichan

A shame I have to download the update on a 3G internet connection. On the other hand, I get to plan out a passive tree build with the website while doing so.

Probably gonna do Shield & Claw Shadow, with emphasis on leeching and using CI & Ghost Reaver.

Oddly enough this is the one genre I like to go in blind with, so I haven't followed it at all, didn't read OP etc....

Only question I have really is this, are there hosted games ala diablo 2 or is it an mmo like thing with a ton of people in the same area?

Ferny

Oddly enough this is the one genre I like to go in blind with, so I haven't followed it at all, didn't read OP etc....

Only question I have really is this, are there hosted games ala diablo 2 or is it an mmo like thing with a ton of people in the same area?
It's the D2 model more so than an MMO.

Into

I like how Kripp got all fancy and got a haircut and got his nails done for the open beta, he probably got some nice aftershave on for occasion!

"heyguyshowsitgoinkripparianhere"

So it'll be about 4:00 pm before the open beta begins?
That's cool with me. I have a bunch of errands to run.

Servers will probably be smashed anyway...

mrpeabody

Let's be honest. The servers are going to crash and burn today. I look forward to playing this game when they recover from the onslaught, probably sometime next week.

Radix

Neo Member
I like how Kripp got all fancy and got a haircut and got his nails done for the open beta, he probably got some nice aftershave on for occasion!

They're taking it seriously. Last night on his stream, he was trying to figure out his team and one guy said he has school for 4 hours but he will play the rest of the time... He got put in the casual category.

Yoshichan

Sounds like me !

Top Bottom