• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Tidd

Got 48 Vista copies and skill books so far. Just two more and I can finally do the other colosseum stages for the rewards. This should give me a few more gems for Marco next week.

Rixa

You know. It took me this long to "understand" that Shiryus leader skill affect other colours too than INT :p.
I have used rainbow slasher parties with other leaders but with Shiryu it was always INT.

Man I feel so dumb :D. Instantly tossed Borsalino to crew :p

EMT0

Banned
Round 4 of the Vista Coliseum is maddening, aghhhh. I've whiffed three times now using a double Enel team and grade A QCK subs. I've tried withering him down using Legend Marco to heal, I've tried the burst strategy using Kuma on the first turn for full matching orbs(the strategy dies once I realize I can't hit Kuma's Perfect or even a Great to save my life), Cavendish can't destroy as a sub because he shuffles away his orb on the next turn, etc.

So my new strategy is what I liked to call 'Murder Murder Slash Kill Destroy'.

yruf3EX.png

I'm not sure if Cavendish will change a block orb on the first turn, so I'll take a hit on the first turn. Second turn, I activate all of my health cutting specials + Cabbage and beat the hell out of him without taking a hit thanks to Leo. Third turn, I activate Lucci to re-orb Cavendish and proceed to murder murder slash kill destroy.

Screw you, Franky >.>

bjork

Man. I think my new method will be to run the current FN until I get all the dudes, then double stamina the returning ones. Even if it's garbage drops, you're doing it in half the time and if you get something good, score.

Hana-Bi

Got 48 Vista copies and skill books so far. Just two more and I can finally do the other colosseum stages for the rewards. This should give me a few more gems for Marco next week.
Congrats. Will try to get 50 copies too but my LL team is killing me. Too many stupid game overs for me. I could run the Croc team but I always mess up Franky stage so my LL team is still "safer".

EMT0

Banned

Screw you, Franky >.>

I did it, despite going pants on head stupid and using all of my health cutters on the first turn, Leo included, locking myself into two turns of bad orbs and gimping my first turn of Cavendish's special. I'm a smart guy. Now for Vista.

EMT0

Banned
I did my research this time, and I'm pretty confident in this team which I'll be using in about five minutes once my stamina's back to 30.

6AtTkdK.png

I need to stall 25 turns total before taking on Vista but I can take as much damage as I like as long as I can take 1+ hit from Franky, as I plan to OTK Vista. The idea here is, once I get to Franky, take a hit on the first turn, activate Cabbage on the next, either KOing him on that same turn or taking another hit(even a 13k hit) to the face and finishing him off on the next turn, as I should have more than enough HP to pull it off.

Once I get to Vista, use both Blackbeard's specials, Sanji's, then Don Chinjao's, and only then use Van Augur to get two DEX orbs on my Blackbeards. Hit all my Perfects, and Vista goes down. Time to test it out.

EDIT: Fucked up by leaving one of the STR giants alive and forgot he boosts all enemies by 20x, not just himself. Got rekt by a turtle :'(

Note to self. Stop being an imbecile

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm just finishing Alvida on 2x stamina right now. Feels good. I don't need Vista for anything at the moment. I got my copy with a Shiki Fuji team and I'll wait for him to return to farm him on 2X stamina as well.

Kyou

I'm still going on Jinbe books (12!) and am sure not doing Vista is going to bite me in the ass someday

Side note, I went 3 for 3 on Violet ._.

Rixa

Revenge.

Screenshot_20170318-224438.png

Shiryus skilled and killed trash, then Borsalino did some slot thingies. And as I was going to launch my attack, used last skill and to my surprise Sentomaru's skill killed the bastard.

EMT0

Banned
I cleared it...but goddamn was it close and I almost fucked it up on the stage before Franky again by not having Lv. 3 Bind and getting one of my Blackbeards bound for two turns. I'm really, really glad I don't have to repeat that again

mileS

Yeah Vista isn't playin around. That was quite a challenge. Used a gem or two to clear it. I'll try again when it comes back. X2 Stam would be ideal for such a hard one.

ExVicis

Yeah Vista isn't playin around. That was quite a challenge. Used a gem or two to clear it. I'll try again when it comes back. X2 Stam would be ideal for such a hard one.
Oh yeah he needs that big time. If it was him that had the x2 Sta I would be running nothing else for the weekend until Kizaru.

Speaking of which I think the team I'm running for that is going to be Raid Mihawk/IntHawk with Vista and SW Zoro in it for almost full Orb Control. It's the best team Comp I can come up with for taking down Kizaru but the problem is my Doffy and Inthawk's Special Levels are horrible, so I have to figure out how to get around that.

no Koza or 3D2Y Zoro though so I can't make any teams with those guys.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm still going on Jinbe books (12!) and am sure not doing Vista is going to bite me in the ass someday

Side note, I went 3 for 3 on Violet ._.

I promise you that Vista will be back far sooner than Jinbe books.

Hana-Bi

With IntIva my LL Colo Vista team works quite well. Used Boa before but IntIva is way better against Vista with the damage reduction + heal.

Will get my 50 copies today and then I can farm more Jimbe books. 13 so far. Maxed 3d2y Franky but I only got one skill up for Violet so far lol. And the sockets for my Jabra sucks too...

EMT0

Banned
So as promised, time to choose Legends! The rules are pretty simple, pick a single Legend on the list that hasn't been picked by anybody yet, first come first serve. You'll be listed down to handle updating that Legend's page when it gets picked via RNG to be the next Legend OPTC-GAF discusses. Only one Legend per person, till we get to the point where everyone who picked a Legend has already had their chosen Legend discussed. I'll create a post later on that can either be linked to or added to the main page that keeps track of all the Legend pages. For the sake of fairness, I'll wait a day before claiming a unit myself.

1. Whitebeard: Four Emperors -
  2. Dark King Rayleigh - Kyou
  3. Boa Hancock: Snake Princess -
  4. Sengoku the Buddha - RedBoot
  5. Shanks, Black Clad Emperor -
  6. Portgas D. Ace, Black Clad Division Commander -
  7. Log Luffy / Monkey D. Luffy, Voyage Dream: Pirate King -
  8. Marco the Phoenix Whitebeard 1st Div. Commander -
  9. Sabo, True Power of the Mera Mera no Mi -
  10. 'Hawk Eyes' Mihawk, World's Strongest Swordsman - MiTYH
  11. Sir Crocodile: Logia, Ex-Warlord of the Sea - GuardianE
  12. Rob Lucci, CP9's Strongest - bobohoro
  13. Heavly Yaksha Donquixote Doflamingo - commish
  14. Knight of the Sea Jinbe, Warlord of the Sea - ExVicis
  15. Donquixote Rosinante -
  16. Man-Eating Bartolomeo -
  17. Trafalgar Law Warlord of the Sea -
  18. Issho / Fujitora - MANUELF
  19. White King Cavendish -
  20. Kuzan / Aokiji -
  21. Borsalino / Kizaru -
  22. Blackbeard, Captain of the Blackbeard Pirates - EMT0
  23. Sakazuki / Akainu -
  24. Roronoa Zoro, Reunion of the Straw Hat Pirates -
  25. Captain Buggy -
  26. Timeskip Luffy / Monkey D. Luffy, Reunion of the Straw Hat Pirates - Neoriceisgood
  27. Hody Jones, the Ghost of Fishman District -
  28. Shirahoshi-hime, Ryugu Kingdom Princess -
We'll roll for the first Legend to be discussed in a few days, till then, sit tight!

---------------------------------------------------

Manga spoilers, don't read unless you've read/seen through at the very least Fishman Island:
It just occurred to me that if we get a 6+ Jinbe, his new title might look something like this - "Jinbe, Straw Hat Pirates Ex-Warlord". I'm going to be very, very pleased when that day comes, not because Jinbe necessarily needs a buff but because I've been waiting for Jinbe as a Strawhat for over 5 years now :^)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow....never realized that we are up to 30 Legends soon :eek:
I remember the day we got Whitebeard first like it was yesterday and the tears of disappointment that came along with it....lol.

bobohoro

Lucci is probably the only one I can currently write something extensive about, so I'll take him.

Tomorrow is Kizaru and I'm at the same place I was in when he first released: I could run him, but I'd need to hit all perfects all the time and that's kinda too stressful on a 60 stamina raid. And while he is an awesome unit, I don't really have too much of a use for him right now.

So yeah, might just run CP9 for more Jabra/Kumadori sockets and Squard books instead. And finally finish Yakuza 0.

ExVicis

I don't think I have enough experience with the legends I do have to really talk about any of them but I really like and am getting a good handle on Jinbe at the moment and most of my teams seem to be moving toward him.

commish

The only two legends I have a lot of experience with, Ray and TSL, are already taken! Will need to look closer at rest.

Kizaru. I know I should farm him but just need feeling it.

EMT0

Banned
The only two legends I have a lot of experience with, Ray and TSL, are already taken! Will need to look closer at rest.

Kizaru. I know I should farm him but just need feeling it.

Don't let that stop you, sure it's preferable if you've used a Legend a whole bunch, but having some practical experience with a Legend, having spent a lot of time theorycrafting about a Legend, or even just really being fond of a Legend as a character and caring enough to give their page a good effort in compiling our discussions when it's covered is reason enough to choose a Legend.

I've updated the post with all Legends that have been called so far. I think I'll change my rule about me choosing tomorrow to 'Once ten Legends have been picked', because you guys snipe em fast :)

RedBoot

I feel pretty confident discussing Sengoku, Croc, or Marco, so I guess I'll grab Sengoku unless anyone else was heart-set on that.

In other news, I'm done with Vista. 80 copies plus 19 skillbooks (and yes, I'm bothered that I didn't round that out to 20. Had a chest on my final run but it was cola). I'm hoping to max-socket Colo Vista early enough that I can toss a few onto RR Vista for his sockets.

commish

Don't let that stop you, sure it's preferable if you've used a Legend a whole bunch, but having some practical experience with a Legend, having spent a lot of time theorycrafting about a Legend, or even just really being fond of a Legend as a character and caring enough to give their page a good effort in compiling our discussions when it's covered is reason enough to choose a Legend.

I've updated the post with all Legends that have been called so far. I think I'll change my rule about me choosing tomorrow to 'Once ten Legends have been picked', because you guys snipe em fast :)

Okay, I'll take Doffy. I use him a ton... but just not as a leader because too stressful!

EMT0

Banned
Added you guys too, only 2 more then I can choose my Legend. All I'll say is that the Legend in question hasn't been chosen yet.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll take Crocodile for the first go around.

And while each person is going to be authoring the basic structure, don't feel like you have to do it all your own. Others will surely have some input after you make your post.

EMT0

Banned
I'll take Crocodile for the first go around.

And while each person is going to be authoring the basic structure, don't feel like you have to do it all your own. Others will surely have some input after you make your post.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Just because you're tasked with putting it together doesn't mean you have to come up with all of the ideas, we'll all be pitching in to help build it together.

MANUELF

Banned
With natural stamina I managed to knock 4 turns out of my Japanese Mihawk, Im happy with that (he is now at 26 turns)

EMT0

Banned
Blackbeard continues to clown more Raid Bosses. He was easily my most underappreciated pull, I love this guy <3

MANUELF

Banned
Blackbeard continues to clown more Raid Bosses. He was easily my most underappreciated pull, I love this guy <3
I used him with my Fujitora team to farm the story island and not be killed by Perona, thanks to him I got almost all the characters (Mr1, Aokiji, Kizaru, Enel, Lucci and Magellan eluded me)

EMT0

Banned
I used him with my Fujitora team to farm the story island and not be killed by Perona, thanks to him I got almost all the characters (Mr1, Aokiji, Kizaru, Enel, Lucci and Magellan eluded me)

I've seen a pretty common team for Blackbeard + Fuji that use Lao G + Shiki, with Smoker and Gladius for more HP cuts + an orb boost. Every time I see it I cry a little on the inside at my 0 skillup Shiki since it looks soooo good.

I'm going to cheat (a little) and claim that since it's technically tomorrow, I'll go ahead and claim my Legend. Surprise! It's Blackbeard!
I know it's not a surprise
Time for a commemorative avatar swap.

Finally I think we've got a good number of Legends claimed so far, I didn't think we'd be at ten Legends already. So what I'll do is tomorrow morning, I'll add anyone that posts tonight, add them to the list, and roll for the first Legend that we'll be covering.

I'm kinda bummed I can't do 2x stamina/drop for Kizaru. For some reason I thought it was allowed for returning raids. Wonder why they allow it for coliseum but not at all for raids.

Kyou

well crap, I went back and checked and I never posted my Kizaru team and didn't save any screenshots of it

I know it was a modified Mihawk team. Guess I gotta comb over the reddit thread

EMT0

Banned
18 Kizarus so far, I'll probably gun for 30-40, although I may even hit 50 if I don't have much else to do.

Kyou

18 Kizarus so far, I'll probably gun for 30-40, although I may even hit 50 if I don't have much else to do.

I need eight more levels so I should be good with 40 but I might get lazy and just do 30

also turns out bog standard IntHawk/Mihawk/Doffy/3d2y Zoro/Law/Apoo does well so yay. I made two teams with either Mihawk as captain so I can go back and forth getting mixed teams.

I need eight more levels so I should be good with 40 but I might get lazy and just do 30

also turns out bog standard IntHawk/Mihawk/Doffy/3d2y Zoro/Law/Apoo does well so yay. I made two teams with either Mihawk as captain so I can go back and forth getting mixed teams.

I'd recommend using raid Kuma over Apoo. Just make sure you activate Doffy before Kuma. You get the benefit of having sockets that you probably don't have on Apoo and likely a full board of matching orbs. I personally run double Inthawk since the first attack turn and the burst on the second is more than enough to kill him and you get the added benefit of heal and cd sockets from IntHawk if that can help you. You also get the option of activating Zoro on the first turn for added damage and are still able to get a matching orb on him for the second turn, not that it adds all that much to the burst.

Kyou

I'd recommend using raid Kuma over Apoo. Just make sure you activate Doffy before Kuma. You get the benefit of having sockets that you probably don't have on Apoo and likely a full board of matching orbs. I personally run double Inthawk since the first attack turn and the burst on the second is more than enough to kill him and you get the added benefit of heal and cd sockets from IntHawk if that can help you. You also get the option of activating Zoro on the first turn for added damage and are still able to get a matching orb on him for the second turn, not that it adds all that much to the burst.
I'm a little worried about not being able to do enough damage with Mihawk's 30% cut but if it works it works. I might give it a shot just because it'd be one less annoying step

as far as more sockets go, I CANNOT wait until Mihawk comes back which is a feeling I didn't think I'd ever have again..

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Beat Kizaru 60stam on my first attempt. You guys werent kidding...teamed up with Friend Inthawk and my team Raidhawk,RaidDoffy,3D2Zoro,DexLaw and Apoo team too care of things. Easier than i expected...maybe i have time later for a couple more natural stamina runs since im out of stones.

bobohoro

Well, kinda can farm Kizaru now, thanks Kyros!

lBmfCjj.png

For more stability I would swap Law and 5+ Zoro with SW Zoro and Raid Onigumo, but sadly the latter is still at CD of 20. If I hit my perfects, I need a single orb from Law's shuffle and can clear with that.

Messed up my first run due to forgetting about QCK Pacifista numbing my FC for 9 turns. Since then it's been fine.
Still, will only go for a handful of copies. After I get G-5 Tashigi down to a CD of at least 19, farming Kizaru will be way more relaxed.

Edit: Wait...it seems I could actually run an INTHawk/3D2Y Luffy team with Raidhawk/Doffy/Kyros/SWZoro as subs and clear it with the added benefit of pretty much guaranteed perfects, more health and better sockets.
Edit 2: Yeah works...except when you don't manage to hit a perfect even with the buff. Yeah I'm still kinda bad at this game, it seems.
Edit 3: I could also just run a Mihawk/INTHawk team with 3D2Y Luffy as sub, does a bit more damage with a bit less health.

Top Bottom