• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Agent_4Seven
(12-05-2017, 06:45 AM)
Looks good. Can't wait for the 1999 RUB price tag.
Andyliini
(12-05-2017, 10:19 AM)
I'm just thankful it does not look like Megaman: Powered Up. I like the art-style, but hopefully they improve animations and such for the final product. The run animation is a bit strange-looking, as others have mentioned.
Shifty.
(12-05-2017, 11:26 AM)
It looks like they took their stage design cues from the NES era what with all those big-ass blocks and tiles. Kind of clashes with the 3D aesthetic.

And yes that run animation is doofy as hell.
KingJ2002
(12-05-2017, 11:35 AM)
looks good to me... seems as if they're aiming for the style that mighty no 9 failed to achieve
trugs
(12-05-2017, 11:58 AM)
Looks pretty good. Megaman seems to move a bit too slowly, but we'll see how it turns out in the end. Looking forward to it :)
Karsha
(12-05-2017, 12:13 PM)
Is it so hard to replicate the mm8 look and make it in hd? The game feels kinda slow too, dunno if its just the trailer though. Still a new MM is better than no Megaman
zackmorris
(12-05-2017, 12:17 PM)
I’m curious how robust this game is and what type of price point they can justify in 2018.
Badenergytroll
(12-05-2017, 02:48 PM)
The power where Mega Man calls down stone blocks looks legit! Can't wait to see the other powers. I wonder what the boss he receives it from will be called. Brickman?
Wolfgunblood Garopa
(12-05-2017, 02:53 PM)
The run animation looks bad. This looks like a Mighty No.9 mod.
tim_pkmn89
(12-05-2017, 04:40 PM)
The run animation needs another key frame added
Sesha
(12-05-2017, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by WouldYouKindly

ridin that sonic mania nostalgia train aye

This would have been in the works before SM was announced.

Originally Posted by Icarus

Looks not bad. Hope it's not Inticreates though.

It's probably not.

Originally Posted by Agent_Carnage

The animations look still kinda jank. I hope it is still a work in progress.

Release is still a year away.

Originally Posted by Scopa

I think I like the looks of this, although it does seem to have that slightly generic sheen to it’s aesthetic. Is this being made with Unity?

That's a silly question. The art direction has got little to do what engine it is on.
DrDomVonDoom
(12-05-2017, 08:01 PM)
People comparing this to Mighty No 9, This one the game box might even come preassembled, I'm certainly hyped.
Koala Driving a Ferrari
(12-05-2017, 08:03 PM)
It looks okay to me.

It's just a shame that they went with 3D and didn't go down the 16 bit (or even 32 bit) path in terms of aesthetics.
Petrae
(12-05-2017, 08:17 PM)
Perhaps it will be an okay game, but the visuals are a serious letdown for me. Really wanted to see the 8-bit look stay, after it had returned for 9/10. This *looks* like a cleaner MN9 in my eyes.

Had it been called Mega Man Returns, Mega Man Recharged, or something else that separated it from other games, the new graphics approach admittedly wouldn’t have bothered me as much— but adding 11 to the title creates expectations from me, and this doesn’t meet those expectations.
heckmanimation
(12-06-2017, 01:28 PM)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4DMryQbia0o

analysis video by gamexplain
Tence
(12-06-2017, 01:54 PM)

Originally Posted by heckmanimation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4DMryQbia0o

analysis video by gamexplain

Thanks for that.

I really enjoyed this. Made me pay attention to the nice details so much more.

I cannot wait.
NoKisum
(12-06-2017, 02:03 PM)
Capcom going out of their way to make a whole new Mega Man game? What's the catch?
yurinka
(12-07-2017, 05:14 PM)
Looks really promising, I'm really hyped. I love the visuals, but I'd improve Mega Man's animations a bit.

They did a great dev diary video to announce the game, and the trailer (including the long retro 30th anniversary intro) was awesome.

Can't wait to see more stuff of this game. Sadly we'll have to wait 1 year for the release.