• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

cormack12
(10-29-2017, 08:04 PM)
@Mods - can we sticky this in the main forum. It became apparent that not a lot of people even knew the thread existed to claim official topics and it needs the exposure

A note upfront: Please read these guidelines before you make a claim for the first time. Please search (Ctrl + F) to make sure the game has not already been claimed.

If any juniors want to chip in with a request please do so. Work on it as normal and a member will sponsor the claim (until a clear direction is decided on by mods).

SOME BRIEF GUIDELINES ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO CLAIM HERE:
  • You're willing to work on it;
  • You'll update us if you change your mind;
  • You may be juniored if you don't deliver on your claim (as this negatively impacts others);
  • If someone else wants in after you, work with them. Also, if someone has claimed the OT already, PM them and offer some help (text,graphics etc.);
  • Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others;
  • Only claim games with a confirmed release date within twelve months;

HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM:
1.) Copy the code below depending on what kind of topic you are planning to make. Before doing so, be sure to remove the *'s from the code so it works.

Code:

[b*]TITLE[/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]AUTHOR[/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]EXPRESSION DATE[/ur*l])
RELEASE DATE
2.) Replace the data with your own data.
  • Title refers to the title of the topic you are claiming.
  • Author refers to your username, as well as a link to your own profile
  • Expression Date refers to the date you claimed the topic, and links back to that post.
3.) Include the expected release date for the product / event / whatever in that same post

WHAT MAKES A GOOD |OT|?
  • Use your personal experience with the game/series;
  • Use a balance of text and graphics or host your images somewhere that will remain;
  • Point out the key features;
  • Post platforms, dates, publisher, developer info;
  • Explain the different versions, DLC and season passes;
  • Be sensible with *.gif and/or *.webm use;
cormack12
(10-29-2017, 08:05 PM)
NEOGAF |OT| INDEX

############## NOVEMBER 2017 ##############
COD: WWII by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
November 04, 2017 (as no takers)

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds by Triggerhappytel (24th October 2017)
November 7th 2017

Murder on the Orient Express by Kimawolf ( 11/2/17)
November 9th, 2017

Need for Speed: Payback by TaurezAG (November 1, 2017)
Release date: November 10, 2017

Mario Party: The Top 100 by Shadoron (November 7, 2017)
November 10, 2017

L.A. Noire Current Gen by Plum (10th September 2017) [taken over by cormack12]
November 14th 2017

Justice League by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
November 17th, 2017

Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon by ZeroX03 (24th October 2017)
November 17, 2017

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time by taken over by Jawmuncher ||
30th November, 2017

############## DECEMBER 2017 ##############

Xenoblade 2 by Kimawolf (Nov 2nd)
December 1st, 2017

Earth Defense Force 5 by mcz117chief (25th of January 2017) [need status update!]
December 7, 2017

RESIDENT EVIL VII GOLD EDITION by luulubuu (6th of September, 2017) || taken over by Jawmuncher || [reconfirmed]
12th December, 2017

Okami HD by luulubuu (12th of September, 2017) || taken over by Jawmuncher || [reconfirmed]
December 12, 2017

Star Wars VIII by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
December 14th, 2017 (back up)

DOOM for Switch by Kimawolf (Nov 2nd)
Holiday 2017
############## January 2018 ##############
Monster Hunter: World [available]
January 26, 2018

############## February 2018 ##############
Shadow of the Colossus by SirNinja (October 31, 2017)
Release date: February 6, 2018
############## March 2018 ##############
############## April 2018 ##############
############## May 2018 ##############
############## June 2018 ##############
Jurassic World Evolution by Jawmuncher (August 19th, 2017) [reconfirmed]
June 2018
############## July 2018 ##############
############## Q1-Q2 2018 ##############
Crackdown 3 by Doffen (9th June 2014) - Spring 2018 [need status update!]

Polybius by Shifty. (8th November 2017)
Holiday 2017 / Early 2018 (PC)

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux by SirNinja (7 June 2017) - Q1 2018 [claim reconfirmed]

General

The above thread idea and maintenance have been done in the past by Nemesis_ and TheMoon. Who have since moved on. They provided a great community service and have the thanks and respect that go with that.

Anything needing a status update can have a reserve claimer. I will tidy this up over the next week. If someone wants to make one for Off-Topic feel free - I'm just trying to maintain what we have so far.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(10-29-2017, 08:13 PM)
you forgot

General
I suggest finding a mod somewhere and DM'ing them directly, otherwise this'll get buried.

good luck!
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(10-29-2017, 11:21 PM)
Monster Hunter: World by BlizzKrut (September 1st, 2017) [need status update!]
January 26, 2018

got word Blizz isn't doing it anymore, pls remove
Dr. Kitty Muffins
(10-30-2017, 01:28 AM)
I'm considering claiming Summon Night 6 but I doubt I can create custom banners and all that.
li bur
(10-30-2017, 01:31 AM)
Hey Moon, you're not doing this any longer? And what's with the thread in the community? No longer good?
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(10-30-2017, 11:46 AM)

Originally Posted by li bur

Hey Moon, you're not doing this any longer? And what's with the thread in the community? No longer good?

Yup, done here. Just tying up loose ends.
Newk86
(10-30-2017, 11:54 AM)
What's going on with GOTY 2017? Should put in the index.
ShiroAmakusa
(10-30-2017, 02:24 PM)
Did someone already call dibs on the Secret of Mana Remake OT? It's not due until February 15th but I already prepared some basic stuff incl. a version comparison and love to do the OT for that game.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(10-30-2017, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by ShiroAmakusa

Did someone already call dibs on the Secret of Mana Remake OT? It's not due until February 15th but I already prepared some basic stuff incl. a version comparison and love to do the OT for that game.

I mean the list couldn't be shorter and easier to just look at. Thread included. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to CTRL F "mana" at least, how do you expect anyone to look at your OT? Sorry for the attitude but...
ShiroAmakusa
(10-30-2017, 04:25 PM)

Originally Posted by TheMoon

I mean the list couldn't be shorter and easier to just look at. Thread included. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to CTRL F "mana" at least, how do you expect anyone to look at your OT? Sorry for the attitude but...

You should be. Stop being a dick!

Of course I'm able to read the list. I asked the question because there might be someone going to read this thread who's already committed to a SoM Remake OT. It's a rather new thread.
SirNinja
(10-31-2017, 09:50 PM)
Shadow of the Colossus by SirNinja (October 31, 2017)
Release date: February 6, 2018
TaurezAG
(10-31-2017, 11:11 PM)
Deluxe Edition early access: November 7, 2017
Play First trial: November 2, 2017

I'll need help creating the thread though.
cormack12
(11-01-2017, 10:09 AM)
Updated
Kimawolf
(11-03-2017, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

Soo.. Since these seem unclaimed and are coming up, I’ll make a few MOVIE OTS

[OT] Murder on the Orient Express by Kimawolf ( 11/2/17)
Nov 9th 2017

Since the person making the Justice League OT is banned I’ll make it :

[OT] Justice League by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
Nov 17th 2017

And finally, I’ll be able to work on the Star Wars VIII OT and anyone willing to help with banners or something or who wants to do it altogether sure. I will work on one as a backup in case one doesn’t appear.

[OT] Star Wars VIII by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
Dec. 14th 2017 (back up)

Star Wars Battlefront 2? Anyone? NOV 17TH

Any CoD: WW2 OT? Is comes out tomorrow. If no I will throw one together tonight quickly so there is one at least.

Did COD. will also do others if need be just so we have them until more people volunteer.

Xenoblade 2 by Kimawolf (Nov 2nd)
Dec 1st 2017

DOOM for Switch by Kimawolf (Nov 2nd)
Holiay 2017
cormack12
(11-03-2017, 02:26 PM)
Great work Kima - updated
Kimawolf
(11-04-2017, 08:53 PM)
Bumping to keep on front page.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(11-04-2017, 08:55 PM)

Bumping to keep on front page.

tell a mod to sticky it
cormack12
(11-04-2017, 08:57 PM)

Originally Posted by TheMoon

tell a mod to sticky it

Have done. PM sent to two :/
Kimawolf
(11-06-2017, 04:31 AM)
so NO ONE will make a Xbox One X OT? Really?
Finaika
(11-06-2017, 06:52 AM)

so NO ONE will make a Xbox One X OT? Really?

It's not really that exciting.
Kielbasa
(11-06-2017, 08:29 AM)
wow this is pretty desperate
Raimond
(11-06-2017, 12:54 PM)
I'm glad this exists as a sticky now. It's true 8 never knew where it existed before.
Blam
(11-06-2017, 02:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Kielbasa

wow this is pretty desperate

Desperate how?
Rellik
Banned
(11-06-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

Desperate how?

He probably didn't realise that GAF has always had this thread.
Blam
(11-06-2017, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Rellik

He probably didn't realise that GAF has always had this thread.

Yeah I can assume that to be the case.
Kielbasa
(11-06-2017, 04:29 PM)
I used to lurk before you had to claim OTs, you guys prob dont even remember that, so no GAF hasnt always had this thread

imho now that traffic is so low might as well go back to that system
Shifty.
(11-06-2017, 05:04 PM)
So, what's the over-under on claiming an OT for a game that didn't get one on first release but is now coming to other platforms?

Polybius came out at the start of the year on PS4 and didn't get much coverage on here, so I'd like to do an OT for it when the PC release happens. Should be sometime this month if PC Gamer and Jeff Minter are to be believed.
heckmanimation
(11-06-2017, 07:33 PM)
Anyone on Black Friday/Cyber Monday OT?
Kimawolf
(11-07-2017, 03:07 AM)
I think you both should make those OTs, give it a go.
Quonny
(11-07-2017, 03:30 AM)

Originally Posted by ShiroAmakusa

You should be. Stop being a dick!

Of course I'm able to read the list. I asked the question because there might be someone going to read this thread who's already committed to a SoM Remake OT. It's a rather new thread.

I claimed it, but I am no longer doing it for GAF. Have at it.
Shadoron
(11-07-2017, 07:41 AM)
Mario Party: The Top 100 by Shadoron (November 7, 2017)
November 10, 2017

Originally Posted by Shifty.

So, what's the over-under on claiming an OT for a game that didn't get one on first release but is now coming to other platforms?

Polybius came out at the start of the year on PS4 and didn't get much coverage on here, so I'd like to do an OT for it when the PC release happens. Should be sometime this month if PC Gamer and Jeff Minter are to be believed.

I'd like to know where we stand on this too. I've been thinking of putting together an OT for Skyrim on Switch. What was the protocol before? Update and bump the original OT? Make a new one?

Originally Posted by TaurezAG

Deluxe Edition early access: November 7, 2017
Play First trial: November 2, 2017

I'll need help creating the thread though.

If you still need someone to post your OT, let me know. My Mario Party OT will be going up around the same time. I can post yours if someone hasn't already contacted you.
cormack12
(11-07-2017, 09:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Shadoron

I'd like to know where we stand on this too. I've been thinking of putting together an OT for Skyrim on Switch

Yeah, there's also Dead Rising 4 PS4 w/ all DLC etc. in December.

I would say if the release has more software, DLC, enhancements then make a new OT - for example, Skyrim Enhanced Edition got a new | OT |

If the game is also/or coming to new platforms then again a new | OT | would be acceptable. I'd also go a little further in some instances and detail the exact features for the release, especially in the case of the Switch. What switch features and/or software are sepcific to that platform etc. - for example L.A. Noire has an | OT | reservation - although not heard from the creator so will PM them.

In fact if anyone wants to reserve L.A. Noire, just in case - just throw your name down.
Kimawolf
(11-07-2017, 12:51 PM)
I would also add to people who may be hesitant they can't do it remember OT threads are made for people to discuss said game/movie/event. You don't need to be super fancy. Do your best and add all relevant information.

All we can do is our best. Eventually we will get better and it will come faster and easier, but don't be intimidated.
heckmanimation
(11-07-2017, 03:55 PM)

I would also add to people who may be hesitant they can't do it remember OT threads are made for people to discuss said game/movie/event. You don't need to be super fancy. Do your best and add all relevant information.

All we can do is our best. Eventually we will get better and it will come faster and easier, but don't be intimidated.

That's inspiring!

Im expecting my first baby in 3 weeks, but will try to take on the task of Black Friday and Cyber Monday OT.

not sure how good it will be, but it will at least be somewhere to discuss and contain some information

edit - this is a weird OT though, so when should it go up?? like now.. and i can update as we go, or just make it a a few days before??
Kimawolf
(11-07-2017, 04:54 PM)
Yeah BF ot id say whenever you can get it up would work. Generally its around a week before launch date.
mcz117chief
(11-07-2017, 05:17 PM)
Hi, I still plan to do both OTs for Ace Combat and EDF but only after they are released worldwide. I won't do Japan-only/import OTs.
Rellik
Banned
(11-07-2017, 07:13 PM)

Yeah BF ot id say whenever you can get it up would work. Generally its around a week before launch date.

It was changed to a day before quite a while ago.
BballChinaski
(11-07-2017, 08:58 PM)
wrong thread, sorry bros
Shifty.
(11-07-2017, 09:22 PM)

Originally Posted by cormack12

If the game is also/or coming to new platforms then again a new | OT | would be acceptable.

Cool, thanks. The PC release date for Polybius seems to be shifting around based on further research, so shall I stick an official claim in now with a vague "Holiday 2017 / Early 2018" date, or wait it out until something more concrete comes along?

If the latter, I'll just treat this as my unofficial claim until then :P

Originally Posted by BballChinaski

fuck evil lore in the ass though

G'bye.

Edit: That edit lol
luulubuu
(11-08-2017, 06:14 AM)
Good luck trying to engage the "community" to produce stuff.

The ot for Xbox one x, A big console, Is like one paragraph.
SirNinja
(11-08-2017, 08:51 AM)

Originally Posted by luulubuu

The ot for Xbox one x, A big console, Is like one paragraph.

And? The X1X is one of those products where virtually everyone who wants one knows what it is. You don't really need an OT that's as long as War and Peace for that thing. (The OT on Era is only slightly longer anyway, so...??)

Also it was done at the last minute because no one had claimed it. Thread looks pretty good, all things considered.

Thanks for the encouragement. Same sentiments to the other place ;)
cormack12
(11-08-2017, 12:04 PM)

Cool, thanks. The PC release date for Polybius seems to be shifting around based on further research, so shall I stick an official claim in now with a vague "Holiday 2017 / Early 2018" date, or wait it out until something more concrete comes along?

Yeah, it's fair game to claim now :)

Originally Posted by mcz117chief

Hi, I still plan to do both OTs for Ace Combat and EDF but only after they are released worldwide. I won't do Japan-only/import OTs.

Great stuff!
luulubuu
(11-08-2017, 01:19 PM)

Originally Posted by SirNinja

And? The X1X is one of those products where virtually everyone who wants one knows what it is. You don't really need an OT that's as long as War and Peace for that thing. (The OT on Era is only slightly longer anyway, so...??)

Also it was done at the last minute because no one had claimed it. Thread looks pretty good, all things considered.

Thanks for the encouragement. Same sentiments to the other place ;)

;) do you have something in the eye? why you ;) me

Don't ;) me again.
Kimawolf
(11-08-2017, 01:38 PM)

;) do you have something in the eye? why you ;) me

Don't ;) me again.

What? Umm anyhow people are trying. It takes time to make a good OT. And our One X thread was made last minute.

The OTs will get better and better.

I will have the DOOM and Murder On the Orient Express OTs done tomorrow as well btw folks.
luulubuu
(11-08-2017, 01:43 PM)

What? Umm anyhow people are trying. It takes time to make a good OT. And our One X thread was made last minute.

The OTs will get better and better.

I will have the DOOM and Murder On the Orient Express OTs done tomorrow as well btw folks.

Time will tell, but sticking this NOW when the community is flatline'd and not THEN when it was healthy seems a bit shitty.

People, including myself were doing a good job by bringing up quality content in a self managed system without external help, now that you have it, I want to see how good can you get.
gingerbeardman
(11-08-2017, 02:41 PM)
How useful would an OP generator be to help creators?

Type some stuff, upload an image, click a few buttons, and then generate the BBcode.

...I'm happy to create this.
Shifty.
(11-08-2017, 02:42 PM)
Polybius by Shifty. (8th November 2017)
Holiday 2017 / Early 2018 (PC)

Yeah, it's fair game to claim now :)

Excellent, time to get to work!

Originally Posted by gingerbeardman

Type some stuff, upload an image, click a few buttons, and then generate the BBcode.

...I'm happy to create this.

I'd probably end up putting mine together manually, but that sounds like it could be really handy for people that aren't super confident in their OT making abilities.

Time will tell, but sticking this NOW when the community is flatline'd and not THEN when it was healthy seems a bit shitty.

People, including myself were doing a good job by bringing up quality content in a self managed system without external help, now that you have it, I want to see how good can you get.

So rather than coming in to reclaim the RE7 Gold and Okami OTs that Jawmuncher is picking up the slack on, you're here to shitpost about how GAF is doomed under the guise of holding it to some high standard because the |OT| OT is stickied now?

Seems more like you're looking for something to complain about. GAF was hardly hurting for OTs when this thread was non-sticky prior to the meltdown.

Don't ;) me again.

Very constructive, thanks for your contribution ;)
cormack12
(11-08-2017, 02:48 PM)

Originally Posted by gingerbeardman

Yeah definitely :) Make it as inclusive as possible. As many people creating as possible. I'll put it in the OP once you're done.
gingerbeardman
(11-08-2017, 03:54 PM)

Yeah definitely :) Make it as inclusive as possible. As many people creating as possible. I'll put it in the OP once you're done.

Deal.