• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

MilkyJoe
Banned
(12-06-2017, 08:39 AM)

Originally Posted by kb8998

success? that's why no numbers have been released yet?

take off your delusion glasses this thing is selling terribly

How do you know if no numbers have been released? Captain Grey Matter.


Originally Posted by Krisprolls

It doesn't play PC games, it doesn't play many console exclusives, it doesn't play the best version of multiplatform games, it doesn't play VR games, it's very expensive, but other than that, it's a really nice machine.

It's for people who don't have much time to play and only time to brag on dead websites like this one. Although it kinda fails at that too due to PC / PS4 being better at everything.

Still like the hardware. Kudos to MS for not giving up despite being constantly slaughtered in sales.

What a baby.
Heath V
Member
(12-06-2017, 09:56 AM)
Heath V's Avatar

Originally Posted by kb8998

fit? how can something fit if it has no games

Odd, what are all those things I've been playing on mine?
Bill O'Rights
Seldom posts. Always delivers.
(12-06-2017, 10:38 AM)
Bill O'Rights's Avatar
People.


Just to inform you that threads which tend to provoke or elicit division are now going to be passively monitored and watched.


Already there are several comments in this thread that are not going to be ok going forward. If the need arises, then reactive and proactive moderation will be invoked, but we're really looking to that as a last resort.


Take this as a cue for the remainder of this thread to adjust your tone where necessary and cut out any animosity or vitriol.


Thanks ;)
The_Mike
Member
(12-06-2017, 10:40 AM)

Originally Posted by iHaunter

You've made a terrible mistake IMHO LMAO

Not a very constructive post.
MilkyJoe
Banned
(12-06-2017, 11:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Bill O'Rights

People.


Just to inform you that threads which tend to provoke or elicit division are now going to be passively monitored and watched.


Already there are several comments in this thread that are not going to be ok going forward. If the need arises, then reactive and proactive moderation will be invoked, but we're really looking to that as a last resort.


Take this as a cue for the remainder of this thread to adjust your tone where necessary and cut out any animosity or vitriol.


Thanks ;)

Better late than never. Check the other one too.
hiphopcr
Member
(12-06-2017, 04:24 PM)
hiphopcr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bill O'Rights

People.


Just to inform you that threads which tend to provoke or elicit division are now going to be passively monitored and watched.


Already there are several comments in this thread that are not going to be ok going forward. If the need arises, then reactive and proactive moderation will be invoked, but we're really looking to that as a last resort.


Take this as a cue for the remainder of this thread to adjust your tone where necessary and cut out any animosity or vitriol.


Thanks ;)

Go get 'em
Nesses
Member
(12-06-2017, 04:45 PM)
The Xbox One X has replaced my Xbox One. For me, thats where it fits. I already did all my multi-plats on my xbox one, because all my friends play their MP games on it.
LuvOfThaGame
Banned
(12-06-2017, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Krisprolls

It's a success only in your mongoloid head. Xbox is already dead outside of the US / UK and X1X didn't change anything.

If buying a Xbox means people have to play with retards like you, they'll certainly stay away.

Here comes the double standard modding. Mad was banned for posting things like this, yet this poster still stands. Never change, SonyGAF.
hiphopcr
Member
(12-06-2017, 05:06 PM)
hiphopcr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nesses

The Xbox One X has replaced my Xbox One. For me, thats where it fits. I already did all my multi-plats on my xbox one, because all my friends play their MP games on it.

This. Comparisons to PC or PS4 are useless to me, I've never gamed on those platforms. It plays the best version of my entire Xbox games library.
PooBone
Member
(12-06-2017, 06:54 PM)
PooBone's Avatar
In the entertainment console under my 4k TV, silly.
MaximusPayne
Member
(12-06-2017, 07:00 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krisprolls

It's a success only in your mongoloid head. Xbox is already dead outside of the US / UK and X1X didn't change anything.

If buying a Xbox means people have to play with retards like you, they'll certainly stay away.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who take offense to this post. Can you please think before you type?
KAOS
Member
(12-07-2017, 03:37 AM)
Pasedo:
Actually the Xbox One (X), (S) is the perfect Switch companion! Hook the Switch up to the hdmi in on the X1X and play your favorite Switch games when you tired of playing X1X games with the added bonus of background music, web surfing and voice chatting with friends!

As for the X1X place in things... it's the only place to play the best version of 3 console generation of xbox games.
Pasedo
Member
(12-07-2017, 11:52 AM)
Thanks for all the feedback guys. As the OP I also feel it's my civic responsibility to say that we as a community need to focus on driving conversation that will add value to the reader who come here looking for answers. We also need to stop this division. We are but one family who share a common love for video games and we should feel lucky and appreciative of all the options we have today and that people no matter what they're playing on is enjoying what they love. With the responses here I've decided that the Xbox one X will fit into my ecosystem by being the console to play all back catalogue games from last gen in the best possible way. This is value to me as I play and really enjoy these older games I missed out on in Steam and usually with a controller. Now I can play them with improved graphics at 4k on the Xbox one x.
YoshiMax
Member
(12-07-2017, 12:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Krisprolls

It's a success only in your mongoloid head. Xbox is already dead outside of the US / UK and X1X didn't change anything.

If buying a Xbox means people have to play with retards like you, they'll certainly stay away.

On what planet does a poster not get banned for calling someone a mongoloid and retard and yet the guy who responded to it did? That’s totally fucked.
JDdelphin
Member
(12-07-2017, 02:10 PM)
JDdelphin's Avatar

Originally Posted by KAOS

Pasedo:
Actually the Xbox One (X), (S) is the perfect Switch companion! Hook the Switch up to the hdmi in on the X1X and play your favorite Switch games when you tired of playing X1X games with the added bonus of background music, web surfing and voice chatting with friends!


I... wow that's a really good idea. I never thought of that
Lort
Junior Member
(12-07-2017, 02:31 PM)

Originally Posted by YoshiMax

On what planet does a poster not get banned for calling someone a mongoloid and retard and yet the guy who responded to it did? That’s totally fucked.

Very odd...
Pozer
Junior Member
(12-07-2017, 04:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Senua

For people who are too lazy or stupid to get a gaming PC.


HDR says hello.

Its for people that don't have PC gaming friends, but still want the best experience on muliplats.

edit: Its funny a lot of people I know jumped to PS4 but the majority of MP gamers i know, stayed on Xbox.
veterangamerUK
Junior Member
(12-07-2017, 04:51 PM)
Came in to see if anything worthwhile reading but it has sunk to bottom of sewer levels
Gearskin
Junior Member
(12-07-2017, 08:53 PM)

Originally Posted by GTR R35_Supra RZ

MrBench Gafs dead don't expect a legit level headed opinion..like this bum had to sting with "5 ppl comment" just couldn't help it, these fanboy junior mofos took over weeks ago..

right so many of these useless comments, but what can I say there’s so many one sided gamer that think what they have is what people should only have.
Horsemama1956
Banned
(12-07-2017, 09:40 PM)
Horsemama1956's Avatar
I generally keep my X in the bathroom next to the toilet where shit belongs lol
Arkhan
Grand Vizier of Khemri
(12-07-2017, 09:58 PM)
Arkhan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Horsemama1956

I generally keep my X in the bathroom next to the toilet where shit belongs lol

There is a warning from a moderator on this very page. Be a better poster.
BANGS
Member
(12-07-2017, 10:19 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krisprolls

It doesn't really fit anywhere, that's the problem with the X1X.

If you want the best performance you've got a nice PC, and if you want the best exclusives, you've got the PS4 and the Switch.

The X1X is for people who don't want a PC and still want good (but not best) performance on multiplatform games but don't care about exclusives...

Basically this. I'm not sure what the appeal is...
Blam
Member
(12-07-2017, 10:27 PM)
Blam's Avatar
It's pretty disgusting to some of these posts in this thread, but they are being taken care of now thank you to the mods for that.

But OP Xbox One X is for those who aren't savvy enough to built a PC, and don't like using them, but they want the best graphics for their games. So they buy an X.
BANGS
Member
(12-07-2017, 10:36 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blam

But OP Xbox One X is for those who aren't savvy enough to built a PC, and don't like using them, but they want the best graphics for their games. So they buy an X.

does not compute...
Golmon97
Junior Member
(12-07-2017, 11:07 PM)
I'll take the risk to be the only one answering OP's question; right now the xbox one x fits just under my tv, and i appreciate that.
Regolego
Junior Member
(12-08-2017, 01:09 AM)
I'm really interested in Alan Wake, Forza and... also Evil Within and Dark Souls in 60 fps which I would be able to play on a PC. If so I really need to get the urge to build one... already got loads of PC-games on Steam I cannot play on my Mac or PS4 Pro.

Buying an XBOX + games would not help me with that. A lot of money needs to be spend on console + games + Xbox Live/Gold which maybe could equal a decent PC rig?
BANGS
Member
(12-08-2017, 01:33 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Regolego

I'm really interested in Alan Wake, Forza and... also Evil Within and Dark Souls in 60 fps which I would be able to play on a PC. If so I really need to get the urge to build one... already got loads of PC-games on Steam I cannot play on my Mac or PS4 Pro.

Buying an XBOX + games would not help me with that. A lot of money needs to be spend on console + games + Xbox Live/Gold which maybe could equal a decent PC rig?

Definitely better of building a decent PC. For the price of an X, a year's worth of xbox live, and a few games that you already have on PC, you could just build the PC. Much better experience overall...
CRAIG667
Member
(12-08-2017, 01:48 PM)
CRAIG667's Avatar
Under lots of peoples Christmas trees?

Seriously though, what a loaded question!? Things have taken a severe nose dive around here since 'the event'

As someone who owns and regularly use devices from all of the big 3 some of the comments here are so cringe worthy and jarring, it's repulsive some of the things I've read.
I often feel like I'm a bystander to a playground spat, and now it seems that (perhaps I'm wrong) moderators have become either powerless, or just turn a blind eye?

Sorry.

Pathetic rant over.

It's just sad to see what on the whole used to be mature discussion turn into the comments section of N4G.
Cheech
Member
(12-08-2017, 02:54 PM)
Cheech's Avatar

Originally Posted by BANGS

Definitely better of building a decent PC. For the price of an X, a year's worth of xbox live, and a few games that you already have on PC, you could just build the PC. Much better experience overall...

I'd love to know how you'd put together a PC capable of X1X level performance for $500. I've been putting PCs together for decades, and I still bought an X1X, because I currently don't have a gaming PC that can perform at the same levels.

The current games I already own on Xbox One, so it was a no brainer. Really, really enjoying mine.
VectorVictor
Member
(12-08-2017, 03:00 PM)
VectorVictor's Avatar

Originally Posted by BANGS

Definitely better of building a decent PC. For the price of an X, a year's worth of xbox live, and a few games that you already have on PC, you could just build the PC. Much better experience overall...

Originally Posted by Cheech

I'd love to know how you'd put together a PC capable of X1X level performance for $500. I've been putting PCs together for decades, and I still bought an X1X, because I currently don't have a gaming PC that can perform at the same levels.

The current games I already own on Xbox One, so it was a no brainer. Really, really enjoying mine.

To be honest, he did also include the price of XBL and a few games. So instead of building a 4K 60 FPS gaming PC for $499 (U.S.) + tax, we're talking about building a 4K 60 FPS gaming PC for ~$550 + tax (U.S.)...which isn't anywhere close to reality.

Either way, it's an incorrect, constantly regurgitated fanboy argument on behalf of the PC and PS4 crowd that's been proven false time and again...but it's the only thing they really have to hang their hat on, so you kinda gotta pat them on the head to make them feel better about themselves and just say "bless your heart"...
BANGS
Member
(12-08-2017, 04:01 PM)
BANGS's Avatar
Aaaaand you forgot the part where I mentioned the price of some games. But regardless, that's not the point. Nobody is implying you can build a PC of similar performance for the same price. Consoles sell at a loss as a rule. The point is that no matter what the cost(estimated between $600-$900), it's a much better investment than an X...

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...-pc-xbox-one-x
MilkyJoe
Banned
(12-08-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by BANGS

Aaaaand you forgot the part where I mentioned the price of some games. But regardless, that's not the point. Nobody is implying you can build a PC of similar performance for the same price. Consoles sell at a loss as a rule. The point is that no matter what the cost(estimated between $600-$900), it's a much better investment than an X...

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...-pc-xbox-one-x

what if I told you there are people do not want a PC and you just accepted it as fact and moved on?
MaximusPayne
Member
(12-08-2017, 04:11 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by BANGS

Aaaaand you forgot the part where I mentioned the price of some games. But regardless, that's not the point. Nobody is implying you can build a PC of similar performance for the same price. Consoles sell at a loss as a rule. The point is that no matter what the cost(estimated between $600-$900), it's a much better investment than an X...

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...-pc-xbox-one-x

Not knocking your argument, but I just want to come home from a long day of work in the office in front of a computer and relax on the couch and press one button and resume my playthrough from the mission I started the previous night. It's pretty simple, some people just prefer consoles.
ColdDeckEd
Member
(12-08-2017, 04:25 PM)
ColdDeckEd's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

Not knocking your argument, but I just want to come home from a long day of work in the office in front of a computer and relax on the couch and press one button and resume my playthrough from the mission I started the previous night. It's pretty simple, some people just prefer consoles.

One of the smartest programmers I know, knows everything one could possibly know about computers, plays all his games on xbox. Sure he got it for free at a microsoft build conference but thats beside the point. Point being heres this dude with all this money and knowledge of PCs and he still continues to game only on his xbox. Some people dont want to install games on their PCs. He also loves the simplicity of consoles.
BANGS
Member
(12-08-2017, 04:32 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by MilkyJoe

what if I told you there are people do not want a PC and you just accepted it as fact and moved on?

I do accept that. I don't understand it, but I do realize it's a thing for some strange reason...

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

Not knocking your argument, but I just want to come home from a long day of work in the office in front of a computer and relax on the couch and press one button and resume my playthrough from the mission I started the previous night. It's pretty simple, some people just prefer consoles.

You do realize you can easily do everything you just described via PC, right? I actually have a setup just like that myself, except I dont leave my computer running so it does take an extra minute or two to get into the game. But you can easily have steam set to "console modo" of sorts and enjoy your console features and it's much faster than any console...
MaximusPayne
Member
(12-08-2017, 04:51 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by BANGS



You do realize you can easily do everything you just described via PC, right? I actually have a setup just like that myself, except I dont leave my computer running so it does take an extra minute or two to get into the game. But you can easily have steam set to "console modo" of sorts and enjoy your console features and it's much faster than any console...

Did not know PC had resume from instant on as I use the feature ALOT on X and Pro. Also, I'm just not fond of having to deal with a PC as I've been working on one for 8-10 hours throughout the day. Another thing I do a lot is take advantage of trade deals. Best Buy's GC has been a saving grace in this department as I usually chalk up around $7-$10 to complete a new game and trade it in for the next.
MilkyJoe
Banned
(12-08-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by BANGS

I do accept that. I don't understand it, but I do realize it's a thing for some strange reason...

Come on.

BANGS
Member
(12-08-2017, 05:01 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

Another thing I do a lot is take advantage of trade deals. Best Buy's GC has been a saving grace in this department as I usually chalk up around $7-$10 to complete a new game and trade it in for the next.

Ah yes, trading in games is certainly a plus to modern consoles vs PC. I can't relate as I never trade in games anymore, but that's cool for people who do. Console does have a few advantages like that which are nice...
tkscz
Member
(12-08-2017, 05:40 PM)
tkscz's Avatar

Originally Posted by thatJohann

I had the Pro and the Switch. Sold both after I got my X. There are just too many games to play on the X thanks to backwards compatibility. My queue is infinite so no need for more consoles.

Ok but why though?
Lort
Junior Member
(12-08-2017, 08:35 PM)
I prefer to play all my games on a $3000 water cooled neon lit bar fridge on a 1 ms 1080p 23 inch monitor in the basement with an 8 year old cat. Have no idea why people would spend 500$ on an xbox one x to play games on their 65 inch tv at 4k 60 hdr.
The_Mike
Member
(12-08-2017, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by BANGS

Ah yes, trading in games is certainly a plus to modern consoles vs PC. I can't relate as I never trade in games anymore, but that's cool for people who do. Console does have a few advantages like that which are nice...

My estimated guess is neither of the excluses were interesting for him.
Golmon97
Junior Member
(12-08-2017, 10:14 PM)
Jumping into the console vs pc debate, i can say that i am a console fanboy. Aside from the simplicity / friend / setup / cash arguments, one of the main reason i love consoles is because they are a kind of toy, related to my childhood. Everytime i buy one of them i feel like a child again, and it is a fantastic moment.
BANGS
Member
(12-08-2017, 10:22 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Golmon97

one of the main reason i love consoles is because they are a kind of toy, related to my childhood. Everytime i buy one of them i feel like a child again, and it is a fantastic moment.

I'd say this feeling ended for me last gen, outside of Nintendo consoles. 360, Xbone, PS3, and PS4 all just felt like shitty PCs shaped like my cable box, they didn't give me that toy feeling at all...

However when I picked up my 3DS last year I definitely got that feeling...
NihoB
Junior Member
(12-09-2017, 06:39 AM)
If you own a 4k TV and want to take advantage of that or it's your main/only console, then sure go for an X. If you don't own a 4k TV or it's not your main console, then I think it's a waste of money because to me it has no games worth buying. But mainly it's because the ones that I do want are coming out for PC also. I only own an Xbox One for their exclusives but now there's almost no reason because of it being released on PC also.
landymess20
Junior Member
(12-09-2017, 08:11 AM)
landymess20's Avatar
Somewhere between badass and cool as hell
Peterc
Member
(12-09-2017, 08:40 AM)
Peterc's Avatar
Pc for core games. Console to have fun playing mainstream games with your family
phil_t98
Member
(12-09-2017, 01:55 PM)

Originally Posted by BANGS

Definitely better of building a decent PC. For the price of an X, a year's worth of xbox live, and a few games that you already have on PC, you could just build the PC. Much better experience overall...

dont forget 4 free every month with xbox live though. that's a bonus
Koala Driving a Ferrari
Member
(12-09-2017, 02:09 PM)
Koala Driving a Ferrari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Golmon97

Jumping into the console vs pc debate, i can say that i am a console fanboy. Aside from the simplicity / friend / setup / cash arguments, one of the main reason i love consoles is because they are a kind of toy, related to my childhood. Everytime i buy one of them i feel like a child again, and it is a fantastic moment.

I can get behind that as I feel the same way. It's always fun unboxing a new console for the first time. I don't recall feeling that same level of excitement when I last upgraded my GPU on my gaming rig.

I think that if PCs still relied on physical media instead of digital licenses, I'd actually still be a PC gamer first and foremost, however. Collecting Steam keys in a digital library isn't a whole lot of fun for someone who likes the physical side of game ownership.

I'm looking forward to playing my physical Xbox One game library on my X in 4k later this month :D.
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(12-09-2017, 06:18 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

Did not know PC had resume from instant on as I use the feature ALOT on X and Pro. Also, I'm just not fond of having to deal with a PC as I've been working on one for 8-10 hours throughout the day. Another thing I do a lot is take advantage of trade deals. Best Buy's GC has been a saving grace in this department as I usually chalk up around $7-$10 to complete a new game and trade it in for the next.

Not quite instant on, but I have accidentally put my pc into hibernate while playing tomb raider; when I turned it back on, tomb raider acted like nothing happened and resumed instantly.

Also I don't understand how you're unable to seperate work from pleasure; they are nothing more than an interface.
I work with pcs all day too, but the things at work are just work-interfaces to me, opposed to my machine at home which is the fun-interface; there's nothing in my mind that links the two, they provide completely seperate experiences..
If everyone who actually developed games thought in this strange way, none of them would play games at all.
Lort
Junior Member
(12-09-2017, 09:48 PM)
I programmed ASM when i was in my early teens and have worked in the industry for 20 years. When i get home the last thing i enjoy dealing with is Windows. You may not understand why a premium small super quiet cheaper 4k hdr experience is awesome but others do. It would be nice if this forum just allowed people to enjoy the things they like rather than pleading on about how “i dont understand” .. if u “dont understand” get over it and move on. Im sick of these conversations in every xbox thread.. the xbox fits under the tv .. its super quiet and it plays 4k games really well.

Thread Tools