• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:26 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar
I'm sure this has happened to others as well and it makes me sick to my stomach. I purchased at least 10 shirts from their created t-shirt kiosk for 3500 VC each and the shirts were removed from my clothing inventory without explanation. I contacted 2K support and was told that the shirts violated copyright and were removed. To try and "make things right" they offered me a 1 time VC payout of 10,000 VC. This is roughly the price for 3 t-shirts. I told them this is not acceptable and I will not let them steal my money like this.

Basically the problem is 2K allowed people to create shirts that were customized to look like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Balmain, Bape, Supreme etc. as well as NFL, NHL, NCAA jerseys and were making a profit off of the sales of these shirts without paying the respected companies for their trademarked logos. Apparently they got caught and removed all the shirts from the game but failed to reimburse people for the items they illegally sold. Now I want my money back but they will not give me a full refund.

Is there anything I can do about this?
SentientMalware
Junior Member
(12-05-2017, 01:30 AM)
I'm sorry this happened to you. Holy shit is that disgusting.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:37 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by SentientMalware

I'm sorry this happened to you. Holy shit is that disgusting.

Thanks, I contacted IGN and will look to contact a few more gaming sites to see if they can help me put the heat on 2K for stealing peoples money.
A.Romero
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:41 AM)
A.Romero's Avatar
What the fuck. This pisses me off to no end.

I hope you can get something done about it. It's bullshit and I'm sure many users have been affected and maybe they haven't even realized they are missing some stuff.

Fuck 2K.
Rellik
Banned
(12-05-2017, 01:43 AM)
That's what you get for supporting scumbags by buying 2K sports games.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:48 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar
Here was their response

Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:50 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rellik

That's what you get for supporting scumbags by buying 2K sports games.

Thanks pal
DarkestHour
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:51 AM)
DarkestHour's Avatar
That's what you get for buying DLC
BONDO
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:53 AM)
I wish people would revolt against 2k and their microtransactions the way they did over EA shit.

This game is an absolutle transaction joke
DarkestHour
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:54 AM)
DarkestHour's Avatar

Originally Posted by BONDO

I wish people would revolt against 2k and their microtransactions the way they did over EA shit.

This game is an absolutle transaction joke

Good start is not buying the stupid crap in the first place.
A.Romero
Member
(12-05-2017, 01:57 AM)
A.Romero's Avatar
So we are doing victim blaming?

Does this shit have a precedent with any publisher?

Yes, their ToS probably has them covered and yest, they are a shitty publisher for this and other stuff but you can't blame the customer.

If they put out for sale, I would think it's normal to expect to be able to use it. This game came out in September!

DLC has been common for a long time. Many people like purchasing items like this. It's not inherently wrong and I think DLC does have a place in the market, specially aesthetic items. I wonder if anyone in this forum has really not purchased any game that supports DLC. I bet no one.
Memorabilia
Member
(12-05-2017, 02:07 AM)
Is it possible 2K is worse than EA?

Seriously, fuck this shady company. This was the 1st year in long time I had zero interest in NBA 2K. Its everything that is wrong with videogames.
Koala Driving a Ferrari
Member
(12-05-2017, 02:27 AM)
Koala Driving a Ferrari's Avatar
That's really terrible OP. Hopefully this gets brought to light by some gaming news outlets. 2K deserve to get called out on this.

I was considering buying an entry in the NBA 2K series but the microtransactions put me off. Is there an iteration of the NBA 2K series this gen that isn't infested with them and is still fun to play? It doesn't need to have the most current roster as I don't follow the sport and will only play it casually in single player mode.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 02:40 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koala Driving a Ferrari

That's really terrible OP. Hopefully this gets brought to light by some gaming news outlets. 2K deserve to get called out on this.

I was considering buying an entry in the NBA 2K series but the microtransactions put me off. Is there an iteration of the NBA 2K series this gen that isn't infested with them and is still fun to play? It doesn't need to have the most current roster as I don't follow the sport and will only play it casually in single player mode.

The game is fun, Iíve been playing for years. This year the micro transactions are worse than ever but I still play and donít have an issue with paying for most things such as custom apparel for player customization. This is why I purchased these items from the kiosk. My problem is 2K was making a profit by selling these customized shirts that were identical to the original and not reimbursing us for their mess up. All I asked for is my money back for something they shouldnít have been selling and they give me a low ball ďmake rightĒ offer
Ubername
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:09 AM)
Ubername's Avatar
You should go post this at the unnamed other forum bc this has the possibility of blowing up in 2ks face if handled correctly
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:11 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ubername

You should go post this at the unnamed other forum bc this has the possibility of blowing up in 2ks face if handled correctly

I donít have posting rights over there at this time. I guess I can piggyback on someone elseís thread
DryvBy
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:14 AM)
DryvBy's Avatar
I'll write about it for you. I have my own little hole in the wall website and like toking about things like this. I'll hit you up when I'm available to do so.
natjjohn
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:21 AM)
natjjohn's Avatar
Oh man! They did you dirty. Iíd keep fighting it and try to loop in some public ways to get it out there though that can be challenging. You are totally justified to be angry.
Pat-Man Jones
Junior Member
(12-05-2017, 03:28 AM)
I spent about $150 on 2k16 in My Player (includes game) and they shut the server down along with my character I spent so much time, money, and tears on... I vowed to never buy a NBA 2K ever again! It's a shame.. I have been there for every game since Dreamcast... I have been keeping good on my promise and been very happy to be from under their yearly spell!
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:30 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by DryvBy

I'll write about it for you. I have my own little hole in the wall website and like toking about things like this. I'll hit you up when I'm available to do so.

Thanks 🙏
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:35 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pat-Man Jones

I spent about $150 on 2k16 in My Player (includes game) and they shut the server down along with my character I spent so much time, money, and tears on... I vowed to never buy a NBA 2K ever again! It's a shame.. I have been there for every game since Dreamcast... I have been keeping good on my promise and been very happy to be from under their yearly spell!

I have been playing 2k since DC too. I am pretty competitive and a big time NBA fan but NBA Live doesnít fill the void for me so Iím back on 2K18.

Not saying itís okay that they shut the servers down for 16 but my problem is a little different. They sold me something and then took it away without refunding me for their error. They sold copy written items illegally and profited from this.
Slash76
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:42 AM)
Slash76's Avatar
I don't understand it. PES has no license of many football teams for years, but it has a great edit mode and people make kits even better than originals in FIFA.
A.Romero
Member
(12-05-2017, 03:54 AM)
A.Romero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slash76

I don't understand it. PES has no license of many football teams for years, but it has a great edit mode and people make kits even better than originals in FIFA.

Haven't played PES. Can they sell those characters to other players?

If not, that's the difference. 2K made a profit out of copyrighted material, they were forced to pull it out and they are denying a refund or proper compensation.
Slash76
Member
(12-05-2017, 04:02 AM)
Slash76's Avatar

Originally Posted by A.Romero

Haven't played PES. Can they sell those characters to other players?

If not, that's the difference. 2K made a profit out of copyrighted material, they were forced to pull it out and they are denying a refund or proper compensation.

Konami hasn't a direct profit, but they sell a lot of PS4 games because people know you can get licensed kits in spite they haven't licenses. In Xbox is much harder to edit teams ( you can't do it via PC edition or share your kits as you can do in PS4 ), but there was people that were selling pendrives with teams edited.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 04:08 AM)
Sickness702's Avatar
This is the fastest they responded to me.... yet itís the same bullshit
A.Romero
Member
(12-05-2017, 05:09 AM)
A.Romero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slash76

Konami hasn't a direct profit, but they sell a lot of PS4 games because people know you can get licensed kits in spite they haven't licenses. In Xbox is much harder to edit teams ( you can't do it via PC edition or share your kits as you can do in PS4 ), but there was people that were selling pendrives with teams edited.

I get what you are saying but it just doesn't work like that. In this case 2K were directly receiving money off branding.

Konami is just turning a blind eye to something.
Spukc
Member
(12-05-2017, 08:21 AM)
Spukc's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Good start is not buying the stupid crap in the first place.

Aye
Chinbo37
Member
(12-05-2017, 02:23 PM)
Chinbo37's Avatar
FYI the photobucket links arent showing for me.
Alter_Fridge
Member
(12-05-2017, 05:21 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar
You need to get your Tweet on, get as many people to retweet and hope it snowballs.

PR nightmares are pretty much the only things that scare these scumbags into action.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 05:33 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chinbo37

FYI the photobucket links arent showing for me.

This is what was said:
_________________________________________________
Subject: [2K Support] Re: I canít equip contact dunks
Reply-To: support@2k.com
Danny L., Nov 28, 18:12 EST:
Hi,Sickness702,
Thank you for contacting 2K Support!
I understand you purchased some clothing in NBA 2K18 that no longer has the design you bought it for. This is likely because the image was found to violate copyright and has since been removed. As a one-time make-good for any inconvenience this may have caused, weíre going to provide your account with 10,000 VC.
If there are any questions, please ask.
Best regards,
Danny L.
2K Support

MY RESPONSE:
_________________________________________________
Sickness702, Dec 4, 19:15 EST:

No this is not acceptable, I am missing 9-10 shirts and you are only compensating me for roughly 3 shirts. This is something that is not okay. 2K sold me shirts at 3500vc per shirt. This is not my fault that 2K sold copyrighted material. I will contact video game websites and let them know what you (2K) sold items and then removed them from my inventory. This is basically theft and I think I may seek legal advice


THEIR FINAL RESPONSE:
_________________________________________________
Danny L., Dec 4, 21:49 EST:
Hello againSickness702,
Thanks for getting back to us!
I very much so understand how frustrating it can be to lose what you have purchased.
However, We must regretfully inform you that the previously supplied 10,000 VC is the only form of make-good we are supplying for this issue. I'm very sorry for an inconveniences this may cause you.
If there are any other issues that we may assist you with, please do let us know as it is the least we can do for you!
Kind regards,
Danny L.
2K Support
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 05:36 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

You need to get your Tweet on, get as many people to retweet and hope it snowballs.

PR nightmares are pretty much the only things that scare these scumbags into action.

I tweeted to a couple websites about this but nobody have responded. I will try a couple more sites today.
Alter_Fridge
Member
(12-05-2017, 05:44 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar
Wow their reply makes me so mad if it is truly 100% their fault. Absolute criminals. Just give you your money back.

I reckon you can escalate this to the ombudsman or something
GetSomeSponge
Member
(12-05-2017, 06:02 PM)
This doesn't surprise me, 2k are scum, I'd say even worse than EA for pulling shit like this. The problem is people are going to buy nba 2k regardless until live sorts itself out. I'm guilty of it and so are many others.

Most of the people I play with spend silly money on vc too, it's worse than most f2p games yet they keep getting away with it.

Hell I keep getting a "100% extra vc only 1hour remaining!" coming up, and a countdown popping up while I'm in game. I expect that BS in shitty mobile games, not AAA £50 games.
martinstraka8282
Member
(12-05-2017, 06:09 PM)
Lol as if this game wasn't a disgusting, blatant cash grab already, they pull shit like this.

For all the publicity SWBF2 got, NBA2K is just as bad if not worse for encouraging real money spending with purposely stunted progression.
Ensoul
Member
(12-05-2017, 06:35 PM)
Ensoul's Avatar
VC isn't going to sit there and figure out individually how much they are to give each person for the shirts so they went with an even 10K to make it easier. Doubt they are all that are all that concerned at the I may seek legal advice comment. Not sure you'd want to go down that road for the $20.00 you lost.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 06:52 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ensoul

VC isn't going to sit there and figure out individually how much they are to give each person for the shirts so they went with an even 10K to make it easier. Doubt they are all that are all that concerned at the I may seek legal advice comment. Not sure you'd want to go down that road for the $20.00 you lost.

I know itís mostly me just trying to get this issue heightened to supervision level but they really are getting over on people. This has also affected my 12 year old son who also lost shirts he purchased. He is a 12 year old kid so heís not going to contact 2k to get his ďmake good offer.Ē This is something that can be class action as multiple people (thousands?) have been affected. The majority of the people I talked to donít even know that items have come up missing as they just wear the gear they currently got on. As soon as I tell them to check their inventory they also notice items missing
Blam
Member
(12-05-2017, 06:56 PM)
Blam's Avatar
This is disgusting.
akilshohen
Member
(12-05-2017, 07:00 PM)
akilshohen's Avatar
You should send this in to the consumerist. They might contact 2k on your behalf, but I'm sure this will get your a post on their blog.

I got my friend to contact them when virgin mobile have her number to someone else while she was playing for service and they said it couldn't be fixed.
Killdozer
Member
(12-05-2017, 07:07 PM)
Killdozer's Avatar
Wow, that's terrible.

I would contact every 'gaming journalism' site, Jim Sterling, Angry Joe, and all of your local news stations. You'll be surprised how much attention you may get locally because they love this stuff. Also your local state and federal representatives.
Temeculan3000
Member
(12-05-2017, 07:10 PM)
Temeculan3000's Avatar
Did you know these were copyright violations and buy them anyway?
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 07:20 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Temeculan3000

Did you know these were copyright violations and buy them anyway?

The items I bought used logos such as Dodgers, Lakers, UCLA, Raiders, etc. I know that these teams have logo copyrights but they passed 2K inspection so I figured it was safe to buy.
Journey
Member
(12-05-2017, 07:25 PM)
Journey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Temeculan3000

Did you know these were copyright violations and buy them anyway?

How would anyone know one way or another? It's not like they wrote in the description: "These items have copyright logos that have not been approved by the copyright holders. Buy at your own risk"
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 08:24 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by Killdozer

Wow, that's terrible.

I would contact every 'gaming journalism' site, Jim Sterling, Angry Joe, and all of your local news stations. You'll be surprised how much attention you may get locally because they love this stuff. Also your local state and federal representatives.

I've tried to contact Jim Sterling but there is no direct email and his site says he doesn't check his twitter responses due to trolls. I contacted Angry Joe but have not heard back. Does anyone know a good way to contact Jim?
martinstraka8282
Member
(12-05-2017, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Temeculan3000

Did you know these were copyright violations and buy them anyway?

Wouldn't that be 2K's fault for allowing them to be sold on their store regardless?
darkziosj
Member
(12-05-2017, 08:56 PM)
darkziosj's Avatar
I guess part of the problem is that players can create anything they want so of course there will be copyright issues there, if they limit the options it will solve the issue but then players would rage and etc.
martinstraka8282
Member
(12-05-2017, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by darkziosj

I guess part of the problem is that players can create anything they want so of course there will be copyright issues there, if they limit the options it will solve the issue but then players would rage and etc.

You would think that since Virtual Currency is not even a real thing, they would try to make it right by at least coming close to the value originally spent and just tossing them a bone. It appears they're stingy with their VC even on customer disputes lol. Stingy with fake money, god damn monopoly playing a holes.
Mitsuda Maniac
Junior Member
(12-05-2017, 09:01 PM)
Mitsuda Maniac's Avatar
Man I used to love the NBA 2k series so much. They won't see another dime from me unless they switch their business model though
Gamegeneral
Member
(12-05-2017, 09:11 PM)
Gamegeneral's Avatar
Wow. Gross, 2k, gross.
Sickness702
Member
(12-05-2017, 09:14 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar

Originally Posted by martinstraka8282

You would think that since Virtual Currency is not even a real thing, they would try to make it right by at least coming close to the value originally spent and just tossing them a bone. It appears they're stingy with their VC even on customer disputes lol. Stingy with fake money, god damn monopoly playing a holes.

You wouldn't believe the process I had to go through just to get the 10k VC.

Gamertag
Console Version
Game Version
A description that happened directly before the issues's occurance
The concerned players position, archetypes and overall
Date the player was created
Date the player was last played
Date the purchases were made
Detailed list of all items missing
Also a clear video that shows the following: Gamertag, main menu, loading the concerned save file, going to the closet in MYCOURT to show the items are no longer there

Luckily my background on my home screen is a picture of me in the playground wearing one of the shirts that is missing. I pointed that out in the video I submitted but they didn't care, they wanted to know the date it was bought and when it disappeared as if me showing them the picture and that particular item not being in my closet wasn't proof enough.


I think this is all bullshit because I had another issue and they were able to access my information and adjusted my in game content without me knowing. Basically what happened is I purchased the Legendary Gold Edition, created a player but didn't like his build so I deleted him. What I didn't realize is all Legendary Edition content (clothes, shoes, etc) were linked to the player I deleted so the items were lost. In the past all bonus items would be usable across all characters so I had no idea that if I deleted my first character the items would not be recoverable. I contacted 2K support about this and they were able to go into my account and add back all the lost content I had.
martinstraka8282
Member
(12-05-2017, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Sickness702

You wouldn't believe the process I had to go through just to get the 10k VC.

Gamertag
Console Version
Game Version
A description that happened directly before the issues's occurance
The concerned players position, archetypes and overall
Date the player was created
Date the player was last played
Date the purchases were made
Detailed list of all items missing
Also a clear video that shows the following: Gamertag, main menu, loading the concerned save file, going to the closet in MYCOURT to show the items are no longer there

Luckily my background on my home screen is a picture of me in the playground wearing one of the shirts that is missing. I pointed that out in the video I submitted but they didn't care, they wanted to know the date it was bought and when it disappeared as if me showing them the picture and that particular item not being in my closet wasn't proof enough.

That is beyond ridiculous, they aren't even giving out real money. They obviously put up barriers to discourage you from following through... damn they almost got to keep their 20K fake money lol. Corporate greed has gotten so out of hand this day and age, its downright depressing.

Thread Tools