• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

"please enter a valid location"

hmmm, doesn't seem to recognize? I will try locally Wednesday, my store does carry Lumines though, so that's good.

Oh weird, I didn't try each of the ID codes. The list is supposedly a valid list of their codes though. I was assuming since someone found it, they definitely should have it.

Einbroch

Banned
It's a nice little Editorial I wrote. Tell me what you think?
http://kayos90.blogspot.com/2012/02/buy-2-get-1-free-vita-game.html

Gotta mention that this move is smart because of the attach rate.

Buy a 3DS and a game or two? Eh, you can sell it, maybe bundled with the game without too much effort. Buy a Vita and three games plus? Harder to sell because not everyone is going to like the games you do and there are digital PSP games that are tied to accounts.

Besides, 3DS had deals like this too, although maybe not this extreme.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gotta mention that this move is smart because of the attach rate.

Buy a 3DS and a game or two? Eh, you can sell it, maybe bundled with the game without too much effort. Buy a Vita and three games plus? Harder to sell because not everyone is going to like the games you do and there are digital PSP games that are tied to accounts.

Besides, 3DS had deals like this too, although maybe not this extreme.

I mentioned at the end that incentives were common at launch but not to the extreme of the Vita.

inner-G

Banned
Does Target carry DW NEXT?

It looks like it.

Here's a thread on CAG with all target Vita stock ID #'s: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315488

Just copy/paste the # into the search on Target's website.

I wouldn't be surprised if some more nice titles are online-only, but they should still be eligible for the deal though.

Edit: *Derp* didn't realize the OP here had the numbers listed too. Beaten by a lightyear, lol.

RuGalz

It seems like when you add Wifi version + 4G memory card on Amazon, they are giving you 19.99 promo credit -- essentially Wifi model comes with free 4G card.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It seems like when you add Wifi version + 4G memory card on Amazon, they are giving you 19.99 promo credit -- essentially Wifi model comes with free 4G card.

You sure you just don't have credit in your Amazon account?

Edit: Hmm, maybe you are right. Should I just cancel my old order then? Release date shipping still available?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I mentioned at the end that incentives were common at launch but not to the extreme of the Vita.
Extreme? I remember TRU had Buy 1 Get 1 half off sale at launch. That's pretty darn good too.
And the same B2G1 deals were common in the weeks afterward at Amazon. That's how I built up my early 3DS collection.

just re-preordered as well

RIP pre order of June 2011 , haha wow that seems like ages ago

extra memory card is nice , grand total for the vita. $0 , dat gift cards and promotions from trading in games from goozex B^)

I live by this rule.

Reason i hate Gamestop and EBgames. They want you to pre-order games that are like a year away... Ha Ha

God forbid someone wants to walk in and buy a copy of a game on day one with no pre-order.

Ha Ha.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That was so much BS. I FINALLY decided on my 3 games on Amazon - Lumines, Rayman, and UMVC3 - then as I go to checkout, UMVC3 sells out and says it won't ship until mid/late March. Then, I replace it with BlazBlue, only to have literally the exact same thing happen.

So I'm going with Hot Shots. Ah well.

irishcow

I wasn't going to do it. I REALLY wasn't. I didn't know if I should buy this or a 3ds. I went to amazon and couldn't resist.

WIFI Vita
Uncharted
Hot Shots Golf
Blazblue
4gb card

$340

Okay, so I put together a stack of games last night to trade in, and according to the Best Buy online trade in prices, it comes up to $125. Add in the 40% for using it toward a Vita, and it's $175. I think that's probably my best deal. But my question is this:

They're also offering a 40% trade in bonus for preordering MLB The Show. Those bonuses wont stack will they?

GQman2121

Banned
I live by this rule.

Reason i hate Gamestop and EBgames. They want you to pre-order games that are like a year away... Ha Ha

God forbid someone wants to walk in and buy a copy of a game on day one with no pre-order.

Ha Ha.
You're cool.....

Meanwhile, most of us are cashing in on free memory cards, gift cards or PSN cards to give a shit.

Target has their sale online now.

And Resistance works for the B2G1 because they have the wrong release date:
http://www.target.com/p/Resistance-Burning-Skies-PlayStation-Vita/-/A-13765042

They also have all the games Amazon are missing.

EDIT: Also, Uncharted is $39.99.

Thanks for the good find, added to the OP.

Damn, says 10.96 for me, I'm in CT.

*If I sign up in a store today, will the website recognize my redcard?

I believe so. They give you a temporary pass until your real card comes.

codhand

Thanks for the good find, added to the OP.

I believe so. They give you a temporary pass until your real card comes.

Really don't want another card, I just called Target they basically said everyone here who got free shipping for this promotion is lying, because the items would say in "blue text" under the promotion "buy two get one", that "free shipping is available". None of the promotional games say that... so :-?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So my pre-order from Amazon last year and doesn't get a 4GB, but if I order now I do?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Really don't want another card, I just called Target they basically said everyone here who got free shipping for this promotion is lying, because the items would say in "blue text" under the promotion "buy two get one", that "free shipping is available". None of the promotional games say that... so :-?
Just take it to checkout and see.
Didn't see shipping on mine.
EDIT: I spoke to soon. Didn't realize there was one last confirmation screen and that's where the shipping costs pops up.

Jinfash said:
Their B2G1 sale or A sale?
The B2G1.
Wasn't live online before.

If you shop at Target normally, it's totally worth it. That extra 5% is great. Are you referring to the free shipping with the Target card or the free shipping with $50 purchase?

So my pre-order from Amazon last year and doesn't get a 4GB, but if I order now I do?

Amazon is giving out $20 credits to those who preordered before this deal. You won't lose out. In fact it's better cuz you can apply that credit to a game or a bigger card.

since my $39.99 32gb memory card dream was crushed, I'm now at the point where I bite the bullet and drop a $100 on a 32gb card or wait for a sale

codhand

$10.96 shipping

JlBp1.png

I'd get the RedCard but would honestly never use it, also can't get Resistance in store obviously....

dallow_bg

nods at old men

A.R.K

Where can I get the best PSP trade-in deal for Vita (in US)? I read about Best Buy offering $75 but is there any thing better than that?

Where can I get the best PSP trade-in deal for Vita (in US)? I read about Best Buy offering $75 but is there any thing better than that?

My friend was looking for that and he said from what he read only one person was able to do that at Best Buy and it wasn't a normal deal. Not sure what the best is.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Amazon is giving out $20 credits to those who preordered before this deal. You won't lose out. In fact it's better cuz you can apply that credit to a game or a bigger card.

Nice, don't want the 4GB anyhow, I have the 16GB.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The $20 Amazon thing sounds like everyone who preordered a Wi-Fi Vita through 2/20 will get the credit. I wonder if it'll extend to people who got a 4 GB yesterday too.

It sucks cause I re-preordered for the free 4GB card, I rather get $20 credit to go towards a new game since I already have 8GB.

Top Bottom