• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life launches March 20 in the Americas and Europe

raven777

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9xc4X-f49M
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life will launch physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 in the Americas and Europe on March 20, 2018, Sega announced. It will cost $59.99 / CA$79.99 in the Americas, £49.99 in the United Kingdom, €59.99 in the rest of Europe, and A$89.99 in Australia.

Yakuza-6-Release-Date_08-17-17_002.jpg

Yakuza-6-Release-Date_08-17-17_003.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/yakuza-6-song-life-launches-march-20-americas-europe

Tailzo

Bought

I should add that I have bought every translated Yakuza game, in addition to importing Kenzan, 5 and double dipping on 0.

Eager to play Kiwami before this one!

Cronen

Excellent!

I have played Yakuza 0 and will be getting Kiwami next week. Will I be able to understand this game at release? Or is it recommended that I go back and play through 2-5 first?

EDIT: I want to say I have Y4 and Y5 via PS+? I would just need to dig out my PS3.

Tailzo

Excellent!

I have played Yakuza 0 and will be getting Kiwami next week. Will I be able to understand this game at release? Or is it recommended that I go back and play through 2-5 first?

EDIT: I want to say I have Y4 and Y5 via PS+? I would just need to dig out my PS3.

Play 0, play Kiwami. Watch a recap for 2-5 :)

This might legit be the first time I ever buy a collector's edition

Excellent!

After Kiwami, you can play Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5. They were the games of the month on PS+ for February 2015 and August 2016 respectively.

That Limited edition!! I can't believe Yakuza is finally back, and with limited edition to boot...

So happy I don't have to pay for Japanese version anymore, so pricey.

BHK3

Banned
This might legit be the first time I ever buy a collector's edition

After Kiwami, you can play Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5. They were the games of the month on PS+ for February 2015 and August 2016 respectively.

But what about Yakuza 2? Nothing happens in it?

grimmiq

Excellent!

Yakuza 4 and 5 both had movies showing the basic plot of the previous games, so I'd assume 6 would have the same.

This will be my birthday present to myself.

But what about Yakuza 2? Nothing happens in it?

It's the best Yakuza story after Yakuza 0 IMO.

But the fact is it's only on PS2, and that the events don't affect what happens in Yakuza 4,5 or 6.

The games are mostly standalone. But Yakuza 6 does take place DIRECTLY after the events of Yakuza 5.

Yu Narukami

Should those that didn't play 2,3,4 and 5 buy this? Even if there is a story recap wouldn't it be hard to follow because of all the characters you don't know from previous games?

Zero315

Banned
Day one, might have to go for that CE.

Sega has been killing it with the Yakuza Day One editions. The Business Edition for 0, the Steelbook for Kiwami, and now a hardcover art book for 6.

Should those that didn't play 2,3,4 and 5 buy this? Even if there is a story recap wouldn't it be hard to follow because of all the characters you don't know from previous games?
The only story relevant characters that you don't know is Saejima and Akiyama (two of the protagonists from Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5). Dassit. All others you know of through Yakuza 0 and Kiwami, or are new to Y6.

And Y6 will have story recaps for the previous games.

Floody

Day 1, can't wait.

I have a bad feeling March will be absolutely packed though, which would probably mean I'll skip the collector's edition.

there is a recap from previous events, and Yakuza 5 is a loooong game and you will probably get Yakuza burnout from playing through the PS3 titles :D

But if you haven't played ANY Yakuza games, get Zero and the upcoming remake of the first game, Yakuza Kiwami definitely first.

ZeroD

That's a cool collectors edition!

Looking forward to seeing the reactions in the west for this one, have yet to play it myself but my friends considered it a step back from zero both gameplay and story wise.

brau

Buy 0. Then buy Kiwami.

2 is getting a remake I think. Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong. I do think that these games depend on previous titles, but they generally have a good recap of events if necessary.

UncleMeat

Kinda tempted to get that premium edition. I like how they give away useful stuff, the cardholder with 0 and now whiskey glasses.

Unless we get an announcement for Kiwami 2 and a PS4 remaster for 3-5. I'm just gonna have a Yakuza YT movie marathon once I'm finished with Kiwami in other to built hype for 6.

Stiler

I really really hope that they have some kind of catch-up story/refresher or something for people who have only played Yakuza 0 and not the other ones.

Hasney

I really really hope that they have some kind of catch-up story/refresher or something for people who have only played Yakuza 0 and not the other ones.

Someone with the Japanese version can confirm, but I don't think it has the catch up videos. YouTube has rips of 1-3 official story recaps and someone can link ot good ones for 4 and 5.

ZeroD

I'm not 100% sure about this but I believe the Japanese version didn't. So unless they add them in for the English release you might be out of luck.

Wasn't everyone assuming this would come out in the fall? March is a long way away. We could be atomic dust by then. And I guess we aren't getting a 2 remake? Or is that still up in the air?

That deluxe edition is actually kinda cool. The glass designs are bit too busy for my taste, but it's a nice package with the ice stones.

Fjordson

Awesome, so hyped. Premium edition will be mine.

The wait will be tough, but we'll have the second Yakuza game of just this year when Kiwami comes out in like a week and a half, so I'm not too bummed.

Top Bottom