• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

StoveOven

Banned
As a Mets fan who suffered last year...

It really does suck. It's exciting, but it's really not fair to play 162 games and have the season determined by one game.

Nothing about the playoffs is fair. Although when the 1st Wild Card has a better record than a division winner and has to play in it, that's pretty bullshit *cough*Cubs*cough*

boxter432

It's the Twins, the Yanks will find a way to steal the game.

I don't know how the Yanks always do it, but they always find a way against the Twins.
Yeah I was at a playoff game and we were up 3-0 against CC in 2010 on an early Cuddy bomb. We did not win.

Buxton should have bunted. Squeeze.

The takes that if the Twins beat the Yankees it'll ruin the playoffs are pretty fucking infuriating. God damn I hate the Yankees.

You think that's bad, 2001 was far worse. The Yankees practically went into the playoffs being ordained champions, and you were "un-American" if you rooted against them.
Luis Gonzalez' hit was amazing.

Half of the prophecy is complete.

Edit: can't figure out how to post image from mobile because I'm an old man with a feeble grasp on technology but I said to a buddy earlier +220 on Twins because I thought Sev would choke the yank offense would try too hard

boxter432

And just like I said. We leave so many guys in scoring position. We've been up 3-0 against the yanks just recently.
Great to get 3 but at least a sac fly would have been huge.

Maxim726X

Green spitting fire.

Herp derp lose the DH, go back to two divisions, outlaw the shift amirite? Muh traditions.

Not at all about traditions.

Baseball is not a game that should ever be decided a 1 game elimination. Old system was fine, this punishes the legitimate WC winner.

And just like I said. We leave so many guys in scoring position. We've been up 3-0 against the yanks just recently.
Great to get 3 but at least a sac fly would have been huge.

I was going to say that leaving those two on base could hurt the Twins. 4 or 5 runs now could be a lot different than 3, especially with not knowing how Santana is going to do and facing the Yankee's bullpen, even if it's through 8.2 innings.

JambiBum

Baseball is not a game that should ever be decided a 1 game elimination. Old system was fine, this punishes the legitimate WC winner.

Just make it a 3 game series where the legitimate WC winners get home field the entire series like how 3 game series work during the season. 1 game eliminations are exciting but its not really conducive to how baseball works.

sangreal

the old system punished everyone who wasn't in the AL east and at the same time made the AL east boring as fuck

XWOFUFc.png

clemenx

Banned
Just make it a 3 game series where the legitimate WC winners get home field the entire series like how 3 game series work during the season. 1 game eliminations are exciting but its not really conducive to how baseball works.

There is not much difference between 1 and 3 games when talking about randomness in baseball.

Let's just be thankful there's 2 extra spots that shouldn't be there. To begin with.

Caja 117

Yeah,Baseball is a gane where your best pitcher can have an off day, so deciding everything with one gane elimination is no different than having a coin flip match.

Top Bottom