• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Staal

I actually think that it's hardest to do Sunset Stripped with any bike other than the first 2. You get too much air with them. The heaviest bike keeps you on the track with speed.
I found it too hard to get gold on Sunset Stripped with the first two bikes. It lacked power on the few parts where you can hit the gas. It's also one of the darkest maps and that hinders it at some points.

Brakara

Was only able to join a single game last night in a span of like 15 mins... I thought this game was a huge seller? Where are the people playing online?

Haven't you read this thread? Matchmaking is somewhat broken (slow, may freeze, level reset, etc.), a known issue which they are working on.

And I agree that getting a platinum on Sunset Stripped is a bitch. Got it down to 42.795, but can't seem to be able to shave off the necessary milliseconds in order to get plat. And it doesn't help that Najaf's ghost 41.something run is teasing me every time.

atomsk

Party Pooper
why is 'sunset stripped' so hard to get a platinum on?

I've got them all on the first 4 sets except for this one. It's just wrecking my brain.

That one took me awhile, there's about 4 places where it's really important to flip and keep forward momentum. The big jump you need to use the brake-flip technique to minimize the amount of time in the air, and bunny-hopping over the water in the beginning is also key.

Prospector is the most elusive Plat for me right now... must have spent 3 hours on that track and I feel like I'm not improving at all

MMaRsu

Banned
Whoa, Silhouette Redux under RedLynx Picks is awesome.

Damn o_O

How did he do this shit lol

Possibly set visibility on the bike and rider off and that will keep the shadow there instead? Probably :p.

I could use a few people to try out two custom maps I'm working on, so far neither is done yet track wise or design wise but I would love some feedback on the first parts..

If anyone has a few minutes of free time please let me know okay?

Railer

Just finished Way of the Ninja (Extreme).. It had some tricky spots, but for sure one of the easiest extreme tracks. Only the second one i finish so far.

atomsk

Party Pooper
got Silver in Test Your Might (361 faults), still hovering around the 400-ish range on the global leaderboards. (got as high as 360-ish last night, that'll probably never happen again)

got Silver in Test Your Might (361 faults), still hovering around the 400-ish range on the global leaderboards. (got as high as 360-ish last night, that'll probably never happen again)

Do the faults max out? Thought at 300 you failed the track in HD. I forget.

Chris R

Haven't you read this thread? Matchmaking is somewhat broken (slow, may freeze, level reset, etc.), a known issue which they are working on.

And I agree that getting a platinum on Sunset Stripped is a bitch. Got it down to 42.795, but can't seem to be able to shave off the necessary milliseconds in order to get plat. And it doesn't help that Najaf's ghost 41.something run is teasing me every time.

Nope, I haven't been reading the thread, but now I know.

ekadish

Just realized it was probably stupid of me to add myself to the spreadsheet list since I'm only doing XLBA Silver, right?...

If so, feel free to delete my entry.

Fuck you, The Wreck.

I can do everything in Trials except that jump where you have to go up a steep ramp, around and over a barrel, and then keep enough momentum to make a pretty far jump after it. That's the bit in The Wreck, and there's a very similar bit in Inferno 3 that I can't do either. I could get through both those tracks in 20 faults were it not for those bits, but I sit there for literally hundreds until I fluke it. I have no idea how to get over them, nothing seems to work

Told you. TOLD YOU!

I've got a technique now that gets over that barrel in The Wreck with a decentish regularity, and I've got the course down to 19 faults in total. Just like I said I would!

I can't get past that barrel either. I've gotten on top a few times but I have no idea what motion did it. I made it to the other side once then hit the back button by accident... :(

I would die.

Any chance of this coming to PC?

There's a chance it'll come to PC. There's also a chance the world will end tomorrow. There's also a chance that it won't ever come to PC.

Unless they announce it, assume that nobody has any idea at all whether it's going to come to PC.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Evo like HD is MS published, so I wouldn't count on it seeing a PC release (granted there have been exceptions like Braid & Limbo)

In any case, this is the last game from RedLynx that is not Ubisoft controlled... so we'll see how much meddling Ubi does when it comes time to do another one. Either it will be on every platform known to man, or they will leave them alone like Nadeo

Drakken

Guys... I think I have a problem. Whenever I close my eyes, I see a biker riding through imaginary Trials courses. And earlier today, I was listening to Trials music even though I wasn't playing the game.

/addicted

Does anyone know how saving works in this? If I go to a friends and play this tomorrow will all my stats and medals and stuff just be there already?

There's no save file that I can find, so I'm not sure where stuff is actually stored.

Haunted

Any chance of this coming to PC?
outlook-not-so-good.jpg

The switch to analog control is what made this series great. Going back to digital on the PC would suck.
Agreed, definitely a game I would play with my 360 controller on PC.

Drakken

Does anyone know how saving works in this? If I go to a friends and play this tomorrow will all my stats and medals and stuff just be there already?

There's no save file that I can find, so I'm not sure where stuff is actually stored.

I downloaded it at a friend's house yesterday, and when signed in with my GT, all my records were there.

Tawpgun

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQfg236huvk#t=2m38s

No trick to it, it's just like you think it should go. Land steep and get slight traction on that rear wheel.

HAHAHAH

HAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

OLOLOO HUEHUEHUEHIE ROFLLMAOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That didn't help at all. Of course I know how to do it, unfortunately my bike doesn't cooperate. I feel like Super Meat Boy was the same difficulty but it was fair and consistent.

Sorry, but that track made me super mad.

HAHAHAH

HAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

That didn't help at all. Of course I know how to do it, unfortunately my bike doesn't cooperate. I feel like Super Meat Boy was the same difficulty but it was fair and consistent.

try jumping directly on the highest platform :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
HAHAHAH

HAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

Rest assured, when you make it past that jump, there is an equally annoying jump right after.

Overdoziz

Banned
HAHAHAH

HAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

Trials is consistent.

Consistently making you crash.

Top Bottom