• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flip Wars (Project Mekuru) releasing on Switch July 6

Shiggy

Looks like fun and reminds me of this Mario Party mini game:

hqdefault.jpg

You can find more info on the Japanese website:
https://mekuru-batspo.com

Released there in May.

DarkWish

Got it from the Japanese eShop last week and all the menus and everything are in English. Neat little game. Need to play it more to really get into it.

Camjo-Z

Apparently the Japanese version was a bit unfinished and didn't have features like ranked battles and achivements in the game yet, hopefully they've gotten it all ready in time for this release.

This remind me of that kirby 64 minigame.

That minigame was awesome. Forget Dedede's Drum Dash or Kirby Clash, I wanna see Checkerboard Chase get its own spinoff.

boxoctosis

We'll, it's quite 'thin' in terms of modes. Local battle (with CPU if you want) plus online battle

Online is broken, my connection is 'unstable' apparently, and disconnects after 5 second of every match. Others on Twitter seem to be having the same problem.

The game itself is fun, and I'm thinking against people in the same room will be properly salty.

If you've got people locally to play against, it'll be good, otherwise wait until the online gets fixed.

-shadow-

Downloaded it earlier today, was planning on just doing a few matches with a friend, but we ended up playing the entire afternoon and had a blast! Really fun game, though really, really light on packaging unfortunately. Saw that some modes will be coming soon, so here's hoping for more modes.

It's out in Europe now. Is anyone planning on making an OT?
Doesn't seem like there will be one, if no one does I'm more than interested in making one.

boxoctosis

So I played some more, and had about 7 consecutive games online without a disconnect, despite it blaring at me about my unstable connection.

When it works, online is lots of fun. Such an easy concept but lots of fun. Still think local multiplayer is where this will shine.

The game needs more 'meat' - stats, some sense of persistency rather than just random games. A ranking mode is promised, but there's a lot of stuff promised, which is weird. Why not just launch with it!

Anyway, it's a good game. I recommend it if you have local friends to bait.

Tyeforce

I picked this up but haven't play much of it yet. Looks fun, but I'm still disappointed that Mii characters were removed for some reason.

boxoctosis

They released a patch recently which appears to have fixed all the problems I had with connecting online. Still not very busy online though.

Top Bottom