• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

he should do well for sure, not sure about him coming out on top in every matchup tho

sad that they are taking out old hardened bones, i liked that one. the e through ppl for 50% dmg reduction sounds really dumb lol, 0 counterplay too

oh hey they gave jaina her blink root back, at lvl 20 tho

o shit you can teleport to the chromie clone?? that's fucking awesome. chromie seems really strong

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally got my twitch prime legendary box, yellow mechanubarak, rerolled into a garrosh legendary skin so I guess that'll do, not wasting 1500g to reroll again and risk another dupe.

and now to cancel this twitch prime bullshit

Hardened bones competes with fealty unto death and Willing Vessel (level 4). All 3 are good. Fealty is my go-to as solo laner though. Considering most Leo picks are as a bruiser, the Willing Vessel is a great pick as well because it's very important to W build

edit: I agree, Fealty is standard

leaving aside the fairly small sample size, over extended periods of time with balance and meta changes, fealty unto death is the clear winner there

You can clearly see that royal focus is nonexistent before the latest tracked time period in the page you linked.

brian!

i wouldnt say it's a situation where youd say one is standard, they all do pretty different things. if you are drafting him for rotation clear (good draft) or soloing (not that great), then fealty sees way more value in the latter since his sustain isnt great in the solo lane vs. the former where he has a healer to top him off all the time. i dont like the theorizing behind using fealty to rez faster, like that wouldnt be a good reason to pick the talent for me.

for the w talent, it's really good for smaller skirmishes or getting value in the solo lane w/ the w range increase, but not as good as hardened bones for tanking in larger fights.

hardened bones value goes up against high dmg spells like naz q or li ming, so that's a consideration for sure. in a fight you become an actual tank if you w -> e.

the royal stuff is more counter-pick material than a good talent in of itself. it's an all-in engage that's good against comps that cant deal with it and extra waveclear on a hero that doesnt need it.

w/r/t using masterleague, regardless of sample size these days I feel like it just makes sense to follow ppl who know what they are doing vs. what the majority of ppl who play this game think is right via hotslogs
personally I usually pick the w talent cuz im greedy, but hardened focus shouldnt be underestimated, it can win you games
but like alpha said, all the talents there are prtty dece

Alur

All these heroes getting reworked, except ol' Jimmy. :(

It is sad for sure. Poor Jimmy went from generic to a small moment in the sun to milquetoast again and now he's so plain and the roster has expanded so that there's really no scenario where you'd want him instead of one of the other AA's I don't think.

I can't remember if it was on ITN or another HOTS show but someone was saying something like, "Awesome! I'm Raynor and I'm going to get a stun for some utility at 16...or I could get a stun at 10 with Valla if I need it, plus have good wave clear and great mobility built in." But that's kind of Valla vs. everyone at the moment.

Leoric might be as strong as he was at launch. In this iteration, I think he wins every solo-lane matchup.

Dis goin b gud.

o shit you can teleport to the chromie clone?? that's fucking awesome. chromie seems really strong

W-wait, what? Plz say no.

You can clearly see that royal focus is nonexistent before the latest tracked time period in the page you linked.

I haven't played much Leo since he got rekt way back when, but IIRC Dunktrain suggested that for HL and pleb games players should use Royal Focus if they are going to be the "1" in a 1/4 split on two lane maps in order to win that lane harder.

Milly79

Yeah it's level 13 and it's based on her hitting 80 q's by then to even activate the clone

(Clone is now there from level 1 instead of 20 and involves her hitting 80 q's)

brian!

that's a lot of qs

im watching chu play leoric and it looks like there's no animation for his w when he's ghostric? also don't see an indicator for his autos either but maybe im missing it?
oh wait no, i see it now, his weapon glows like butcher
i see a faint line for his w too, maybe im just not familiar with this skin

i wouldnt say it's a situation where youd say one is standard, they all do pretty different things. if you are drafting him for rotation clear (good draft) or soloing (not that great), then fealty sees way more value in the latter since his sustain isnt great in the solo lane vs. the former where he has a healer to top him off all the time. i dont like the theorizing behind using fealty to rez faster, like that wouldnt be a good reason to pick the talent for me.

for the w talent, it's really good for smaller skirmishes or getting value in the solo lane w/ the w range increase, but not as good as hardened bones for tanking in larger fights.

hardened bones value goes up against high dmg spells like naz q or li ming, so that's a consideration for sure. in a fight you become an actual tank if you w -> e.

the royal stuff is more counter-pick material than a good talent in of itself. it's an all-in engage that's good against comps that cant deal with it and extra waveclear on a hero that doesnt need it.

w/r/t using masterleague, regardless of sample size these days I feel like it just makes sense to follow ppl who know what they are doing vs. what the majority of ppl who play this game think is right via hotslogs
personally I usually pick the w talent cuz im greedy, but hardened focus shouldnt be underestimated, it can win you games
but like alpha said, all the talents there are prtty dece
If you want to follow pros over accumulated stats tierlists make much more sense than trying to copy competitive.
When the two differ it's not just because of lack of knowledge and/or skill by the general populace but that the environments just aren't that comparable.

Leoric does need extra waveclear when he's tasked with clearing 2 lanes. That's the whole appeal to royal focus and why the talent sprung up recently in competitive.

Tactical feeding has been an idea behind Leo from the start, heck it was completely broken at release. This sort of carried over to Malthael with his 20 talent.

scoobs

So my morning is going really well.
kWCeSL6.jpg

I'd say 1 or 2 of those games was even the slightest bit close. Most were 8-10 minute stomps. 3 games in a row with someone quitting in the first 5 minutes, this is really incredible stuff.

brian!

oh yeah he should tactically feed for sure, I just wouldn't rationalize picking up fealty for rez timers. i never picked even in death for tyrael when it was around either even though it was good, i just dont like talents that rely on me dying.

you're 100% right about ppl picking for their environment when looking at pro stats, but I'm not really trying to use those stats to show that hardened is superior, just that it's good. the environment where the talent is good is when you are getting their team to focus you, that's pretty normal in leoric games in my experience.

i havent had many leorics in my games recently but I'm probably lttp on dbl lane waveclear leoric, I've never seen it before nor does it make sense to me to get leoric to do that lol. i guess depending on the map it could work, like maybe if he was against solo xul on bhb he would have to get that to keep up?

Alur

So Piercing is still at 2? 80 stacks is quite a bit. I don't know what level you could expect to complete it, but I'm guessing there'll be a decent number of Chromie's who can't even get it by 20.

brian!

i think they moved piercing to 20
yeah 80 is a pretty high number, maybe 13 is too early for the tele talent.
which is probably ok since it's broken lol

i dunno if it's a good interaction but it's def interesting that you would hit lvl 11 and decide whether you are gonna waste a pick on something that gives nothing immediate but might be op down the line

oo there's an aoe indicator for medic e now

Maledict

So Piercing is still at 2? 80 stacks is quite a bit. I don't know what level you could expect to complete it, but I'm guessing there'll be a decent number of Chromie's who can't even get it by 20.

Nope, piercing is gone completely.

And I'm not sure it's 80 stacks or +80 to damage from the stacking damage quest built in? Haven't seen anyone play her yet.

brian!

80 hits does sound kind of ludicrous
if it's 80 dmg, that's only like 16 hits
im actually fairly certain it's dmg, the chu game i watched he def did not have too many stacks but he could tele

the reddit post has piercing at 20 (w/ infinite pierced on heroes), can't confirm tho

oh hey they gave medic guardian of kings lol, i actually like that
this patch is looking pretty fun. i feel like removing mana on medic is a very hots thing to do

Alur

That sounds a lot more manageable if Piercing is moved. But also sounds like there's not much point in it being a quest because it's easily completed given how much you can spam Q.

brian!

oh had no idea you could get more stacks w/ consecutive qs, that's interesting
it seems like it wont be too difficult to stack it up in time for the talent

Maledict

So the quest does require 80 separate hits, which is fairly damn difficult. The stacking damage you get from sequential hits doesn't count for that, so it's 80 outright hits with no piercing.

Don't count on getting that before level 10 I'd say!

brian!

yeah that's an absurd number lol, what's your source on it? def recall seeing chu with tele and low stacks, but maybe i mistook the stacking for another quest

Eyeh4wk

Kel' thuzad is so big, lol. It's crazy he's a bit taller than Diablo. And Garrosh, who is already pretty small, looks like a dwarf in comparison.
I don't remember him being so big in WC3.

SashaNein

Unconfirmed Member
My #1 most played Leoric getting a rework the same patch that KT comes in! Cannot wait!

KT looks really strong, and has some pretty interesting talents too. I can definitely see him getting some nerfs a patch or two down the line.

Top Bottom