• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

Diadem is great to make money no?

Selling those IV and V materias in the AH has netted me some nifty profits.

Made enough money to make a profit and even bought a cool ZU mount.

A bit boring but worth it, did 5 of those EM missions, no weapons but some 265 gear for my Ninja and Warrior.

Diadem is great to make money no?

Selling those IV and V materias in the AH has netted me some nifty profits.

Made enough money to make a profit and even bought a cool ZU mount.

A bit boring but worth it, did 5 of those EM missions, no weapons but some 265 gear for my Ninja and Warrior.
What's AH? I've got a bunch of IV materia. Don't feel like selling them on the market board since it'll take too long to list them.

I'm dying to finish this anima weapon so I can get back to leveling my alt classes but step 230 is taking so damn long. Already past halfway though.

Edzi

When it first came out it was common for grouos to wipe. Between dodging the rockets and the ground fire lots of people messed up. That being said you wouldn't even know those mechanics existed these days lol.

It's impossible to wipe there since... maybe like 2.0 I guess. I started playing a month before HW so I've never ever wiped there. But it was possible to wipe there before 2.0 apparently. It is the best when you get it on trial roulette. Tomes with the most minimal effort, Haha.

So what changed that makes it such a cakewalk now and not then?

k1t4j

What's AH? I've got a bunch of IV materia. Don't feel like selling them on the market board since it'll take too long to list them.

I'm dying to finish this anima weapon so I can get back to leveling my alt classes but step 230 is taking so damn long. Already past halfway though.

The Auction House? Market board, not really sure what people call it here, basically just have your retainers sell it :D

rubius01

People who went into cape westwind for the first time had at best ilevel 50ish gear. Now it's i130.

Yeah, my first time it took a whole lockout. Its the first appearance of the OT, so a whole bunch of tanks were learning how to get snap aggro on the adds for the first time. It was pretty painful.

Squishy3

When it first came out it was common for grouos to wipe. Between dodging the rockets and the ground fire lots of people messed up. That being said you wouldn't even know those mechanics existed these days lol.
I played right before it became the <1m laughfest it is today so I actually saw those mechanics!

Started a month or two back before Heavensward came out (I needed something to do before The Witcher 3 came out) and I've been here ever since. :p

Would anyone know how long the wrong password lockout is? Recently FFXIV has been making my keyboard freak-out sometimes and my solution is to simply replug my keyboards power-plug (yes it's a G19S which has its own power-plug :p) and restart the game but this time it didn't work so I shut the game off and replugged the USB cable too. When they keyboard came back on I wanted to relogin again but didn't realize that NUMLOCK was off so I entered my password in half without realizing three times or so and now it says I have to wait "some minutes" before logging in again :(

rubius01

Would anyone know how long the wrong password lockout is? Recently FFXIV has been making my keyboard freak-out sometimes and my solution is to simply replug my keyboards power-plug (yes it's a G19S which has its own power-plug :p) and restart the game but this time it didn't work so I shut the game off and replugged the USB cable too. When they keyboard came back on I wanted to relogin again but didn't realize that NUMLOCK was off so I entered my password in half without realizing three times or so and now it says I have to wait "some minutes" before logging in again :(

I think its around 30 minutes

Edzi

So it seems like I've finally reached the end game for ARR. I might attempt to get a party together with people here/the FC tonight, and if not tonight then probably next Saturday since I'm guessing that's when the most people would be free.

How much time should be set aside for the final lvl 50 dungeons?

I personally can't wait for that 3.56 Tataru
Scion outfit
!

Fixed.

Gear. Most people who go in, even level synced, have way outgeared the fight itself. Our gear stats kept going up while the fight numbers stayed the same.

I dislike how they handle this because the game is at it's best when things are difficult and you are stressed imo.

Gets boring when you can faceroll things without any threat of dying because you outgear it significantly.

B.K.

If you have a botanist retainer you can send him out to gather Olive seeds.

I'm not really wanting to get them for anything. I'm just trying to gather everything so the Retainer can go get them.

I DO have to get an item myself first, before my retainer can harvest it, right? Or have I been wasting my time?

Redx508

I'll do one better: Guide to preparing for SB in a one liner!

Do what you'd normally do for the remaining 3 months until SB hits.

There. You're prepared. Only other to do is start buying millions of Gil now to have a shot in hell of buying some property.

notlikethis.gif

Redx508

Victor has been looking at this wall for days. what could it mean?? is the end near??

FOTC9NT.png

aceface

I'm not really wanting to get them for anything. I'm just trying to gather everything so the Retainer can go get them.

I DO have to get an item myself first, before my retainer can harvest it, right? Or have I been wasting my time?

I'm pretty sure you don't...I think there's a whole list of things my retainer can get that I've never gathered. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Lanrutcon

I'm pretty sure you don't...I think there's a whole list of things my retainer can get that I've never gathered. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

You do have to get an item yourself once. I had to run out and manually hit some Mythrite Sand before I could send my potato to get me some.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope RDM/SAM gets some GARO gear too. It'd be really convenient if I can just buy a set for 60 instead of wasting my other currencies on it.

CLBridges

What's the point of owning a house in this game? Seems utterly pointless.

Gardening, house decorating, airship/workshop. It's really just getting to have access to all the content available in the game. That's why there are so many complaints about limited wards. Shirogane is gonna introduce a whole nother issue because they are going to fuck up with the whole "current homeowners can transfer to the new housing district".

Other than for a FC club house and the stuff that comes with all of that, there's not a whole lot of reason to own one. Even less point to owning an apartment.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Other than for a FC club house and the stuff that comes with all of that, there's not a whole lot of reason to own one. Even less point to owning an apartment.

Apartments are nice when you have more gil than you know what to do with. I've got a nicely furnished apartment in Mist and I'm still sitting on over 2 million gil.

Ken

I hope RDM/SAM gets some GARO gear too. It'd be really convenient if I can just buy a set for 60 instead of wasting my other currencies on it.

You should probably pick up a set for MNK and Caster since they might just make them wearable by SAM and RDM too.

Also I think the GARO license supposedly ends in Stormblood month?

What's the point of owning a house in this game? Seems utterly pointless.

You know.... I've always asked myself this exact same thing. The new expansion houses look up my ally though and I've been saving for one. What is the point? Eh, I don't know really. I'd imagine privacy, having access to an orchestrion so you can craft to epic music, and also decorating the house are all up there. It seems utterly pointless on paper but now I kind of really want one in Shirogane. It will either be worth it for me or the biggest waste of money ever. Either way, I won't know until I get one.

@duckroll awwww but coil lacks so much charm unsynced.... especially if you were dead XD.

dramatis

I dislike how they handle this because the game is at it's best when things are difficult and you are stressed imo.

Gets boring when you can faceroll things without any threat of dying because you outgear it significantly.
Thing is, my experience with outgearing some stuff is

Dying in Shiva Ex unsynced because we didn't kill golems before we pushed to Diamond Dust
Dying in Ramuh Ex unsynced because we pushed to Judgement before killing the mobs
Dying in Levi Ex unsynced because we pushed too quickly before we get the elemental converter usable

Otherwise pretty okay

Cmagus

So what's the deal with all the housing crap you can buy with seals and that? Like where am i supposed to put that? If anywhere.

You can put them in an apartment or your FC room if you don't own a house.

You know.... I've always asked myself this exact same thing. The new expansion houses look up my ally though and I've been saving for one. What is the point? Eh, I don't know really. I'd imagine privacy, having access to an orchestrion so you can craft to epic music, and also decorating the house are all up there. It seems utterly pointless on paper but now I kind of really want one in Shirogane. It will either be worth it for me or the biggest waste of money ever. Either way, I won't know until I get one.

@duckroll awwww but coil lacks so much charm unsynced.... especially if you were dead XD.

It's pretty much the idea of owning something that is yours and if you like decorating it can be a bit addicting. Gardening is also pretty handy, I've made some really good money using mine. I usually let anyone I know be a tenant though and share my house it gets boring by yourself. I do wish I would have made my house a FC house and added my alts that way I could have access to a company workshop.After a week you'll just end up hanging out at the FC house anyways lol.

I got lucky and got a house in Goblet which was my first choice and it's got a pretty nice view. I usually just sit or craft on my roof.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want to play Animal Crossing in FFXIV but it's 2expensive4me.

I wish there was a Tom Nook in this game to help you out with home loans.

dramatis

I want to play Animal Crossing in FFXIV but it's 2expensive4me.

I wish there was a Tom Nook in this game to help you out with home loans.
You could get an apartment.

Or, you can get loans from the Lalafell Mafia, which is actually a thing in Ultros GAF. They're swimming in money.

Besides, you might want to wait since they're adding the Not Japan housing area in Stormblood (probably expensive though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom