• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Scribblenauts Avatars' Thread-The artists have left the building

plank

A take on this mame

Rika_no_nipaa_120x155.jpg

using this guy

scribblenauts_120508_thumb.jpg

except instead of "nothing to nippa about" how about "nothing to Scribble or Scribblenauts about". :D

Ravidrath

I'd love one of my current Avatar, Dungeon Man from Earthbound.

ab_brickroad.jpg

Red Mage from FFXI would also be amazing...

rdm_af.jpg

That concept is missing a white feather in his hat...

Warlock%27s_Armor_Set.JPG

Blizzard

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Now doing Megaman
Crazy possible idea for you and the other two artists: If you seriously want to take like 50 requests, you could try asking for $1 via PayPal or something per avatar-style image (though of course an artist would have to "claim" a request so there wouldn't be duplicates). For people who don't have PayPal or who can't pay, they could join a "free request" list, where they would only have theirs done if someone else decided to sponsor them for $1, or if an artist just really liked the character and decided to do it for fun.

Just throwing out an idea...you guys do really great art, but I don't want you all to burn out. :p

*edit*
EmCeeGramr, I hope you get a tiny little laughing Kefka picture for that request. :lol

HUELEN10

Question: Is the Megaman that SpacePirate Ridley is making Rock Volnutt?
A buck a commission is something I would not be against, only because this style is not that easy to do! This is special!

Jon

I would like a Scribblenauts version of the Phillie Phanatic please:

phanatic1.jpg
ZHP-PhilPhanaticSW.jpg

If this can be done, great...but if not, that's fine too. I appreciate any result! Thank you all for such a cool idea.

HUELEN10 said:
Question: Is the Megaman that SpacePirate Ridley is making Rock Volnutt?
A buck a commission is something I would not be against, only because this style is not that easy to do! This is special!

Its classic Megaman.

A Link to the Snitch said:
This sucks, it resets my rightful place in the queue D:

This is an image, it's just linked from ******* soooo.

http://www.j oystiq.com/2008/07/15/rhythm-heaven-aka-rhythm-tengoku-gold-announced-for-north-amer/

Dont worry, I had you listed in mi request line.

M.J. Doja

Banned
this definitely was a good natured project for the people who frequented the scribblenauts thread, but for it to be turned into a "FREEBETAKEYHERE" type of situation is unfortunate. it should have stayed as something that kept the hype thread alive, as duckroll pointed out.

my point is that the free/mooch factor ruins the idea, especially for the contributing artists who have been so generous with their time.

edit
make me one of a character from The Wire please?

atomsk

Party Pooper
Blizzard said:
Crazy possible idea for you and the other two artists: If you seriously want to take like 50 requests, you could try asking for $1 via PayPal or something per avatar-style image (though of course an artist would have to "claim" a request so there wouldn't be duplicates). For people who don't have PayPal or who can't pay, they could join a "free request" list, where they would only have theirs done if someone else decided to sponsor them for $1, or if an artist just really liked the character and decided to do it for fun.

Just throwing out an idea...you guys do really great art, but I don't want you all to burn out. :pl

the paypal fee when someone donates $1 is .33

better make it 2 dollars if you want them to see at least $1

that said, i'd be down to throw $5 for the awesomeness that is SOGEKING :D

Volcynika

Requested in the other thread, but Millia Rage from Guilty Gear, but if her hair is too annoying, Jack Frost from the Atlus SMT games.

EDIT: And I would prefer not to have the notebook paper behind it. :eek:

(Thanks in advance!)

Ryu

I'd love one of Ryu from Street Fighter (preferably street fighter 3 style with his bag), but if you guys are too busy, that's cool. I would be willing to pay for it though if a commission system gets setup via paypal (or even donate if asking for money for art of licensed characters is a no-no).

HUELEN10

If turk128 is still doing requests, I would like to ask for the rest of the Wario Ware cast.
PM me for details..

Azure J

Well, since this is the designated Scribblenauts Avatar request thread, I guess I'll echo my requests in here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16449638&postcount=2850

AzureJericho said:
Anyone who can do Mike Jones with Yo-Yo from StarTropics in the Scribblenauts style for me becomes my hero of the internet. Please and thank you ahead of time if anyone does do this! :D

Here's a sprite reference sheet and a decent fan mockup of a newer look for him if you need references! :D

Add a palm tree, the notepad background & make it face the posts and I'll love you forever! :lol

HUELEN10

You know, now that I think about it, it would be kind of lulzy to see scribbles of the Babylon Rogues. :lol
k021qu.jpg

Not an actual request, just saying it would look lulzy.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Holy crap at this thread!

Lightning for Gintoki

Went overboard with the details, but could not resist,

2i0yy49.png

2luw8zb.png

And be patient people. Theres still months until the game is released, we'll work our way through the requests, but it will take some time. We have lives to live you know!

EDIT: Regarding the payment thing, I don't really want to charge anyone anything. I'm doing this for fun, but if people want to donate something if they feel like it, then I'm all for that.

HUELEN10

Divvy said:
Regarding the payment thing, I don't really want to charge anyone anything. I'm doing this for fun, but if people want to donate something if they feel like it, then I'm all for that.
Got it!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I love this art style! :lol You guys are doing some amazing stuff :D

I wanted to participate, and I'm on a bit of a LOST kick, so I went ahead and made this!...

ChrisGrahamArt_scribblenautsLocke.png

ChrisGrahamArt_scribblenautsLocke_s.png

Sorry that I didn't cover a current request, but if someone wants to use this, feel free!

Renshi

Neo Member
Divvy said:
And be patient people. Theres still months until the game is released, we'll work our way through the requests, but it will take some time. We have lives to live you know!

Understood.

The M.O.B

argh could someone resize Louis for Gaf avatar usage?
My PS is giving me problems right now :(
99585scribblenauts_l4d_louis.png

btw, this was done by Turk128 :D He is koo

HUELEN10

The M.O.B said:
argh could someone resize Louis for Gaf avatar usage?
My PS is giving me problems right now :(
99585scribblenauts_l4d_louis.png
I will! BRB!

Also, to those taking free requests...

ROSIE
LadyGodiva.png

Please? :D

Actually not only Rosie, but Peach, Daisy, Pauline, Mario, Waluigi, Wario, Biker Wario, & Luigi must be done someday! All in good time though, right?

Won

So that is the reason why the other thread is so big! What a long list! Poor guys!

I also want to see some Starcraft love! A Zeratul, Kerrigan or just a random space marine. No idea if they work in that style though. :lol

Linkhero1

MrCheez said:
I love this art style! :lol You guys are doing some amazing stuff :D

I wanted to participate, and I'm on a bit of a LOST kick, so I went ahead and made this!...

ChrisGrahamArt_scribblenautsLocke.png

ChrisGrahamArt_scribblenautsLocke_s.png

Sorry that I didn't cover a current request, but if someone wants to use this, feel free!
That's amazing. Great job. If I didn't have one coming for me I'd have used this.

Divvy said:

I don't pay you to complain. In fact... I don't pay you at all! Uhuhuhuhu~

Now get back to work!!

Top Bottom