• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Twitch Marathon is Anime (Really Anime from Crunchyroll)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
vohiyo-profile_image-0d5b081a94d07184-300x300.png
Oh, the wrench isn't her other arm.

grumpy

What are the chances they'll stream Neon Genesis Evangelion? I've been trying to get some friends to watch it for and they're pretty big fans of the Twitch marathons 🤔

Phu

Banned
Mob Psycho is one of the best shows recently but I don't know if I need to watch it in marathon form when I can just stream it however anyway.

kewlmyc

A marathon with a bunch of short 13 episode shows seems to miss the point of these Twitch Marathons.

Should have done Naruto from Episode 1 to the last episode of Shitpudding.

Cool I'll be there to watch Yuri on Ice and Mob Psycho 100 since I really like both those shows (I have not watched Maid Dragon yet but i'll give it a watch on my own time).

Faynwulf

Those are the Anime they chose to broadcast to the masses? Oh boy.

I guess they didn't have much to choose from. The last few years had barely more than a handful good/okay shows per season anyways. And I see only two good ones on there.

Joker Game and Youjo Senki

That's only my opinion of course. I barely watch new Anime, because so few appeal to me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Those are the Anime they chose to broadcast to the masses? Oh boy.

I guess they didn't have much to choose from. The last few years had barely more than a handful good/okay shows per season anyways. And I see only two good ones on there.

Joker Game and Youjo Senki

That's only my opinion of course. I barely watch new Anime, because so few appeal to me.

Mob Psycho 100 is better than both those shows combined so you should check that out

munchie64

Euphonium and Dragon Maid are two shows I would usually have no interest in, but Kyoto Animation's special touch made them real good to me. So yeah willing to rewatch them, Mob Psycho and a few other things with Twitch chat.

They need to do a classic anime marathon as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
AnimeGAF which of these do you recommend to watch? The only one I know is Mob Psycho since I usually prefer shonen like action animes, but I'm not averse to stuff like Ping Pong or Monster.

Mob Psycho
Dragon Maid
Sound Euphonium
Yuri on Ice
Space Patrol Luluco
Kemono Friends

Nia

I'll catch Dragon Maid, Sound Euphonium, Space Patrol Luluco, and Gabriel Dropout. Those will be fun with the chat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Add Stray Dogs and that's what I told my friends to try and catch.

Now imagine if Twitch watches Stardust Crusaders was a thing though.
Yeah I hear good stuff about Stray Dogs but I didn't watch enough of it to recommend personally.

PK Gaming

While this is funny, if they did try to remove the yuri from the dub then that is a sin that cannot be forgiven.

They did, and they didn't. Tohru is still gay as hell, but they changed one of Kobayashi's lines. When Tohru says she's into Kobayashi (in a sexual way) she responds slightly differently in the dub.

Kobayashi (SUB): But i'm a woman?
Kobayashi (DUB): But i'm not into women?

The dub script writer changed it because she believed an intelligent adult like Kobayashi would not respond to homosexuality in such a blunt, ignorant way that's common to anime.

I'm fine with making Kobayashi more intelligent, but the problem is that Kobayashi's feelings towards Tohru clear. It's pretty ambiguous if she likes her in a friend way, or something more.

Krixeus

What time does the marathon start? First one is listed at 3:30 but no time zone so I dunno if that's my local time or not.

Top Bottom