• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC fully revealed

Ban Puncher

MBJhEUX.gif

i bet after this holiday season the game will have done just fine in japan and everywhere else because the switch is selling well and this is a first party release

It's not a first-party release in Japan, KT publish it there. Also cult games like this don't tend to have the same legs as Mario or Zelda or Splatoon. I'm sure the game will do okay but we're basically talking about hypothetical future situations here when all I did was say that I'm not really feeling the DLC choices as they are now. We don't know what Nintendo/KT's expectations are and what would warrant a second round of DLC or a sequel in the near future versus something else, like Hyrule Warriors 2. So looking at it purely in the now, it's kind of an empty gesture for people to learn their favourite characters won't be in the game, look forward to DLC only for that to be shot down too, and then be told to look forward to a hypothetical sequel or second DLC round that may or may not happen at god-knows-when in the future.

That's an incredibly poor excuse imo. If you want me to get excited about your game, sell me on your game, not a theoretical sequel.

They made a huge mistake not even letting them be dlc lol That just tells me its only gonna be awakening/fates. Guess i'll just skip these packs then.

I see a lot of roster frustration over the past couple months as its been released. And i have to say i feel quite fortunate i never played a Fire Emblem game so i have zero ties/history to any of the characters. They will all be new to me. Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

It's not a first-party release in Japan, KT publish it there. Also cult games like this don't tend to have the same legs as Mario or Zelda or Splatoon. I'm sure the game will do okay but we're basically talking about hypothetical future situations here when all I did was say that I'm not really feeling the DLC choices as they are now. We don't know what Nintendo/KT's expectations are and what would warrant a second round of DLC or a sequel in the near future versus something else, like Hyrule Warriors 2. So looking at it purely in the now, it's kind of an empty gesture for people to learn their favourite characters won't be in the game, look forward to DLC only for that to be shot down too, and then be told to look forward to a hypothetical sequel or second DLC round that may or may not happen at god-knows-when in the future.
i do think hyruke warriors 2 will happen down the road.

JazzmanZ

honestly im surprised Garon isn't playable or part of the DLC, dude was E-VILLE from the start and had a cool giant magic axe

So I guess hurdle warriors is the exception, not the norm. Which was true then, and true to this day
real question, why do people like hyrule warriors DLC so much. I walked away from that game in anger when they tied the DLC character I actually wanted to a $40 port purchase. It was at the time the most infuriating DLC practice I had run in to.
Tharja being DLC is so fucking calculated and deliberately insidious.
and in the last batch of (known) dlc too, when interest wouldve been at its lowest.

When I see the complete roster, I feel like there is some archetype missing, like a huge ass character with a big sword or axe destroying everything with a single swing. Too bad there is no such character in Fire Emblem...........
Ike, Hector, every armour knight

Ridley327

So I guess hurdle warriors is the exception, not the norm. Which was true then, and true to this day

In terms of the Musou games, One Piece Pirate Warriors does really well in the unique character move set department, doesn't it? I mean, they're kind of required to do so with how unique each of the Straw Hats are, to say nothing of the rest of the cast, but I seem to recall that being fairly well received due to the variety of each character.

Kinsei

Banned
real question, why do people like hyrule warriors DLC so much. I walked away from that game in anger when they tied the DLC character I actually wanted to a $40 port purchase. It was at the time the most infuriating DLC practice I had run in to.

and in the last batch of (known) dlc too, when interest wouldve been at its lowest.

The DLC added in new story missions, good new characters, and a ton of content via adventure mode. Not to mention releasing the OC trio for free.

The only thing they did wrong was not having a Wii U version of Legends.

lol this.

Im a fan of fire emblem now, and they only ones i've played is shadow dragon, awakening, and birthright. Same as my younger brother, was never a fan of fire emblem only knew of them through smash brothers. But is a big fan now due to only playing awakening. He saw the character list and was completely fine with it looking forward to trying the fate characters. You hardcore fans are going to have to put up with the mainstream popularity of the series.
No reason why ike shouldn't have made it though

So ? The roster is still lame for some of these fans, doesn't change that fact

In terms of the Musou games, One Piece Pirate Warriors does really well in the unique character move set department, doesn't it? I mean, they're kind of required to do so with how unique each of the Straw Hats are, to say nothing of the rest of the cast, but I seem to recall that being fairly well received due to the variety of each character.

I'm referring to dlc but yes. One piece is really good in this regard

I see a lot of roster frustration over the past couple months as its been released. And i have to say i feel quite fortunate i never played a Fire Emblem game so i have zero ties/history to any of the characters. They will all be new to me. Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

each fire emblem has about 100 characters to choose from so yeah roster frustation is a given.

Draxal

The DLC added in new story missions, good new characters, and a ton of content via adventure mode. Not to mention releasing the OC trio for free.

The only thing they did wrong was not having a Wii U version of Legends.

to be honest, the level cap with the dlc was way too daunting.

OVDRobo

I'm happy Minerva's in. She deserves her popularity and if I was going to pick a Wyvern Rider it sure as hell wouldn't be Camilla.

Couldn't care less about any of the other characters. Still not really sure why they included Lyn and Celica aside from desperation.

The maps and scenarios were locked to 3ds not the characters.

Even with that said, it provides characters with unique movesets, new movesets for characters. Characters who already exist were a free patch, and new adventures. The issue with HE dlc was that new characters were not tied to adventure mode due to it being sold separately in japan, which wasn't an issue for 3ds.

Anywho, the content overall was pretty cheap given the season pass.

Other Warriors games tend to give llacklusster content and charge a mint for small time content like costumes, so the value was lower than what was sold with HW

It's not the roster so much as how few games are represented.
if this pans out into a series this strategy is for the better anyway. The first game isn't just a horde of lords. The minor characters actually get to come out and play. If they went for all the main characters to represent each game than no way we get Cordelia, Lissa, or Frederick. History mode would also suffer. 3 games is a good starting point to actually have some decent representation from within. Picking the 3 best selling games in the series to start with also makes perfect sense.

Of course I'm still annoyed with the amount of clones and locking clones behind DLC despite already being in the game. Still, bring on a sequel with Eirika, Ephraim, and Joshua. Skip Ike though, hes super lame.

The maps and scenarios were locked to 3ds not the characters.
but you had to buy the 3DS version to get the characters on Wii U. It was super fucked. $40 to get linkle and a game I didnt want. So I just walked away.
Even with that said, it provides characters with unique movesets, new movesets for characters. Characters who already exist were a free patch, and new adventures. The issue with HE dlc was that new characters were not tied to adventure mode due to it being sold separately in japan, which wasn't an issue for 3ds.

Anywho, the content overall was pretty cheap given the season pass.

Other Warriors games tend to give llacklusster content and charge a mint for small time content like costumes, so the value was lower than what was sold with HW
unique movesets is definitely the most important part of the DLC characters. Something this game's DLC definitely appears to be lacking.

Theres a chance that the versions on the cart arent the final DLC versions, but I wouldnt have faith in that.

A few months after Legends came out they released all of its specific new characters (Linkle, Toon Link, etc.) as regular DLC on Wii U. They did that around the same time round 2 of the DLC started.

CazTGG

Again, it's doing worse than Hyrule Warriors, which was on Wii U.
Fire Emblem has also often been a bigger franchise than The Legend of Zelda.
With the release and success of Fire Emblem Heroes, the success of Switch, and general strength of the brand, to see it perform worse than Hyrule Warriors is them beating expectations?
It only sold through 40% - 60% of its first week shipment in that first week, and has had poor legs since, so their expectations had to be really low.

Let's not be silly.

if this pans out into a series this strategy is for the better anyway. The first game isn't just a horde of lords. The minor characters actually get to come out and play. If they went for all the main characters to represent each game than no way we get Cordelia, Lissa, or Frederick. History mode would also suffer. 3 games is a good starting point to actually have some decent representation from within. Picking the 3 best selling games in the series to start with also makes perfect sense.

Of course I'm still annoyed with the amount of clones and locking clones behind DLC despite already being in the game. Still, bring on a sequel with Eirika, Ephraim, and Joshua. Skip Ike though, hes super lame.

Sure but if enough people look at the roster and think "eh, I'm good", then there won't be a series to begin with.

The first entry as to excite people beyond the promise of "don't worry guys the next game will be better."

CSX

is that two females and 1 male in every dlc pack?

is the full roster gonna be 80% female? Not that I'm complaining cuz Lyn :)

RIP Ike

Top Bottom