• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

dionysus

Yaldog
Corum said:
I'll leave the honours to your or anyone else who wants to do it, my free time is limited at the moment.

Someone has done it, cause I just tried to and it was taken.

Edit. Edited out the url in case we want to make a different group.

Haha, Corum created it then left the group! Disband it if you don't want to do it and we can use the steam link. I wonder if any of us can be admins now. :(

garath

dionysus said:
Someone has done it, cause I just tried to and it was taken.

Edit. Edited out the url in case we want to make a different group.

Haha, Corum created it then left the group! Disband it if you don't want to do it and we can use the steam link. I wonder if any of us can be admins now. :(

Hmm. No admins may be tough. Should probably remake the group.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is looking really nice after watching some of the videos. And the co op totally takes it to that extra level.

Artadius

Corum, you can prolly email steam support and get that fixed. Or someone else can create a new one and call it a day :p

GAF Borderlanders or something.

Corum

Artadius said:
Corum, you can prolly email steam support and get that fixed. Or someone else can create a new one and call it a day :p

GAF Borderlanders or something.

I've messaged Steam about it, silly me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We could each make our own!!! Hehe, nah, I'll switch the link in the coop thread to the Borderlanders group...

...if you make me an admin ;) bwhahaha

Chrange

Banned
A friend just saw the new flier and tells me the game's going to be $39 at Wal-Mart on day one. Might just be a Canadian promotion though.

Edit - Link

garath

I joined all the GAF groups. Also got my 3rd friend on board and just grabbed the 4-pack. Now for the 27th to get here. :(

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think I may be living on ramen to pick this up day one.

I blame Eric, Cornballer, and Purg3. You bastards.

Oh man, yes. I'ma go make some ramen right now for solidarity.

Eric WK said:
Oh man, yes. I'ma go make some ramen right now for solidarity.

Actually, I'm doing a very LongTermFoolish/ShortTermAwesome trade in of a bunch of games that I'll end up rebuying later on. So cheeseburgers for everyone!

I pre purchased it last night at my local Gamestop because of a poster that said Free Exclusive Guns, Gamestop knows how to pull me back in.

poweld

Oh, guess who didn't know the official was up?

Same guy that's pretty excited for Borderlands, that's who! Ratatat tat tat.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Actually, I'm doing a very LongTermFoolish/ShortTermAwesome trade in of a bunch of games that I'll end up rebuying later on. So cheeseburgers for everyone!

Bu bu bu, I already started making it! I would run to Burger King if I could risk any time with Brutal Legend sitting on my doorstep, unplayed.

So, Brick. The character intrigues me, but in a game where the main selling point is loot and 87 bazillion guns, where's the incentive for a melee-based character?

Are there melee weapons in the game he could take advantage of?

Chrange

Banned
PoweredBySoy said:
So, Brick. The character intrigues me, but in a game where the main selling point is loot and 87 bazillion guns, where's the incentive for a melee-based character?

There's probably at least one gun that shoots punches.

garath

PoweredBySoy said:

He has a tree of specialization for Explosive weapons.

Also it may not apply to him, but there are weapons that have knives and stuff on them that increase melee damage.

Eric WK

Brick also has a tanking tree. I have no idea how necessary having a tank is going to be in this game, but hopefully people who choose to spec that way will be useful.

ElyrionX

PoweredBySoy said:

All characters have their own special melee weapons right from the start if I'm not mistaken.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're sliiiightly mistaken.

Brick has punchy fists with brass knuckle-like things, Lilith does a badass phase-slap, Mordecai has a short blade and I think Roland has a knife.

PoweredBySoy said:

Brick isn't all melee.. thats just his special unique ability.. being able to punch the crap out of your face while also being hearty and being able to tank well. He can rage out and going into a freakout mode where he becomes more resilliant to attacks and his melee dmg skyrockets.

Similar to how Lilith can phase walk for a certain amount of time to run fast past enemies and stun them/shock them

He also has a lot of focus on explosive weapons like missile launchers etc.

yacobod

Banned
anyone lfm to get in on a 4 pack? i'd like to get in on a preoder if anyone has a slot open, send me a pm if there is room

Top Bottom