• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Regular Season 2017-18 |OT| KD's chip, IT's hip, LeBron's Sinking Ship

Bread

Banned
Really terrible call to foul Brown out. Pretty savvy by Giannis though with the jersey pull towards him.

Brown really has to figure out how to use his body and leverage defensively. I think he will though. Starting with LeBron and Giannis isn't exactly an easy slate.

nice to see giannis is getting superstar calls already

Cheebo

Banned
Stanley Johnson played 40 mins and was 0-13 lol is he that great at defense
Yes that's why he played 40 minutes. SVG heaped praise on SJs performance in the post game press conference.

SJ is going to be an elite defender in this league. At 21 his defense is pretty damn remarkable for his age.

He just needs to learn how to shoot or he will end up being a Andre Roberson sort of player.

spyder_ur

nice to see giannis is getting superstar calls already

That was actually smooth as fuck and something you'd expect from a 12 year vet. Pull the defenders jersey towards you to make it seem like he's grabbing and pressing you. Gotta give him props.

The double hop travel no call was hilarious though.

I am really worried about the Celtics shooting. Unless one of these young dynamic wings turns into a league average or better shooter, they're in trouble.

Nintaiyo

TWolves don't seem to be running much of an offense. Same problem with scoring droughts that the Bulls always had with Thibs in Chicago. Hopefully it's just early in the season...

spyder_ur

It's going to drive me up a wall watching the T-Wolves if this is how they're going to play offense with this much talent.

lmao, ain't no hot takes here. Kyrie, sans Lebron, is not a winner and that's already been proven. He'll get his though, so there's that.

It's to be be seen, but I'd love to see this long list of 'winners' who were leading their NBA team before they were 25. As you said though, it's been proven though, conveniently ignoring his title-winning shot.

Kyrie has had one good game and one bad game in the two games played so far despite losing the next best player on the team 6 minutes into the season. It may be a bit early to make definitive statements on him or the team.

Duxxy3

Tough to watch the Celtics. It was one thing to have a completely new team. Another to have a completely new team without one of the corner pieces. Kyrie really hasn't blown me away. Rozier has outplayed him so far. I never liked the trade. I don't think Zizic or Crowder would help all that much right now, but Isaiah and that Brooklyn pick hurt. I don't have much faith in Kyrie replacing Isaiah.

Bread

Banned
Kyrie has had one good game and one bad game in the two games played so far despite losing the next best player on the team 6 minutes into the season. It may be a bit early to make definitive statements on him or the team.
Can the Celtics still get a refund?

On the contrary, this might be reminiscent of the old Cavalier days without Lebron.

2013-14 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers 33- 49
2012-13 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers 24-58
2011-12 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers 21-45

TTG

On the contrary, this might be reminiscent of the old Cavalier days without Lebron.

You mean his first 3 years in the league on a shitty team with a shitty coach and breaking like 3 separate bones in his 2nd year? Case closed inspector, Kyrie is obviously a loser and his play in the finals obviously doesn't count.

Can the Celtics still get a refund?

Unfortunately the Cavs included the rarely used "No takesies-backsies" clause.

2013-14 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers 33 49
2012-13 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers 24 58
2011-12 NBA Cleveland Cavaliers 21 45

This is a well thought out point. I can't believe I didn't see it like that before.

Top Bottom