• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you guys think of the name Mark?

Keri

I really like the name Mark and I would also consider it, if I had another son.

Although, I've always wondered what it must be like for second children, who are the same gender as their older sibling to know they were given their parents second favorite name...

Sobriquet

fgygMP9.gif

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Good name. Only known one Mark in my life and he was probably the nicest kid I ever knew growing up.

PSqueak

Banned
Much like Alex, it's one of those wildcard names that while super common, don't feel too generic and it's really hard to hate, like nobody will straight up bully a kid named Mark just for the name.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Boring, generic white-guy name.

BUT. Way, way better than all the Breckins and Kales out there.

naib

I know lots of Marks. Including my uncle who recently passed.
Can't think of one that's not a nice guy.

My name's Mark. I am both old and uncool, if that helps.

The worst thing about being called Mark is when idiots call me Marcus, which I can't stand. Only my step-daughter gets away with calling me that.

Catdaddy

As a Mark it's a good name not to popular and common enough to not be wierd. Never had anyone make fun of my name but was called Markie Mark in the 90s thanks to Mr Wahlberg, but never bothered me

V-Faction

4-Letter Names tend to be easier for employers to remember while denoting a familiar name (in the U.S. at least) to them. In the past year alone, I've worked with 3 Marks.

Which also means it has the side-effect of sounding rather plain. You could go with something longer, with a shortened nickname, if that appeals in any way.

pswii60

Mark is an okay dude, but Marc can go fuck himself.
Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Just the 'c' creates an image of 'Marc' in my head and he's really fucking annoying with his hairstyle that belongs back in the 90s, quirky facial hair, unnecessary man-jewellery, and a stench of pretention. And he's wearing skinny jeans just to top it all off.

But Mark is just a down to earth guy.

Really it depends on the surname, because Mark isn't a particularly exciting name. But coupled with names like 'Zuckerberg' or 'Wahlberg' it fits better. It's like wearing a plain top with jazzy jeans, or a jazzy top with plain jeans. But you don't want double plain or double jazzy.

Top Bottom