• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bora getting her fake tattoo
20120409_bora_tattoo-600x600.jpg

Yura with her new hair
jbmflKjFZYrSwJ.jpg
jbk4QjVvCXzKFG.jpg

Peru

Girl’s Day’s new release, after taking a long hiatus, comes with a total of 4 songs, 3 new songs of which consist of the title song ‘OH! MY GOD’, ‘Two of Us’, and ‘Telepathy’, including the existing song ‘Don’t Flirt’. The concept of the second mini album Everyday II aims to be cutey+vivid+sexy that Girl’s Day’s well-known image as cute and cheerful will be added with mature to show you another charm of them.

The title song ‘OH! MY GOD’ is composed by Kang Ji Won & Kim Ki Bum, who also composed Secret’s hit song ‘Starlight Moonlight’. The song is a dance song with an electronic sound featured as the addictive melody in the chorus part, and with an addition of shuffle-paced rhythm for maximizing upbeat feel. The song’s lyrics talk about accusing a boyfriend of not being extroverted and sensible in a cute manner.

One thing to give notice to the album with an interest is that both the lyrics/melody of the song ‘Telepathy’, which expresses a fluctuating mind of a girl who finds her ideal type and tries to attract him with telepathy, are composed by Sojin the oldest unnie in Girl’s Day. It’s worth giving a listen to the first work of Sojin who has been dreaming of becoming a singer-songwriter.

Tracklist:

01. Two of Us
02. Oh! My God
03. Don’t flirt
04. Telepathy
05. Oh! My God (Inst)

source:girlsdaydaily

Fafnir

Yeah, I found out literally the day I finished watching History of Salaryman elsewhere that they had it on there the whole time. Then I checked Dream High and it turned out they have both the original and the new one. Didn't have Giant, though.

I just found this site that has all the recent Korean dramas with subs. Has Giant, Yoong's Love Rain, Yuri Fashion King, Seunggi/Ha Ji Won's King 2 Hearts etc.

http://www.dramafever.com/

vanty

Im Soo Hyang on RM80 has had so much goddam surgery she looks like MJ. Creeping me out.

Oh and that new YG girl looks great. Is the group debuting in the next 2-3 months or they're still way off? hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The worst thing about Kpop is when you have a song stuck in your head all day and you don't know the fucking lyrics. Shit drives me crazy.

I just have to settle for humming along to the dulcet, beast-soothing tones of BestHyo.

JKTrix

I just found this site that has all the recent Korean dramas with subs. Has Giant, Yoong's Love Rain, Yuri Fashion King, Seunggi/Ha Ji Won's King 2 Hearts etc.

http://www.dramafever.com/
Dramafever pumps their stuff through Hulu (when you watch on Hulu you see the DF logo). Giant was there but didn't have subtitles. Useless to me! I can watch anime untranslated, though.

Giant is pretty good btw, coming from someone who has only watched 2 K dramas prior.

DXPett1

The newest member of T-ARA would be Gary...

tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o1_250.gif

tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o2_250.gif

tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o5_250.gif

Does Roly Poly better than the existing group.

And who ever said it but yes Go Ara is fucking amazing. Sexy, aggressive and full of sass!

Alta1r

Yura with her new hair
jbmflKjFZYrSwJ.jpg
jbk4QjVvCXzKFG.jpg

Damn. Not bad, but she looked incredible with this:

tumblr_m1wjqyJwdg1r7w2obo1_500.gif

I swear bangs are like crack to girl group stylists. Just can't resist.

tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o1_250.gif

tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o2_250.gif

tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o5_250.gif

And who ever said it but yes Go Ara is fucking amazing. Sexy, aggressive and full of sass!

Lol. Gary is hiilarious. Hyomin is so much different, and better, on variety now compared to her IY days. It's like night and day.

tumblr_m27w5uGUZ41rtr3yso1_500.jpg

Igo

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o1_250.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o2_250.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyxut2ntb21qdcel5o5_250.gif[IMG]

And who ever said it but yes Go Ara is fucking amazing. Sexy, aggressive and full of sass![/QUOTE]
What episode is this from?

Been months since I bothered to watch any RM. The scripting had become painfully obvious and I just wasn't enjoying it anymore.

I wonder if it was this obvious in Family Outing but I didn't notice because the format was so new to me.

Peru

Scripted in what way? The dialogue isn't, of course, but the situations clearly have to be to some extent. Do you mean the competition part is scripted? I do sometimes ponder that, but I think it's less a case of planning out things and more about ad hoc doing what seems funniest, and sometimes it's not going straight for the win.

Family Outing was less structured and more bonding over dinner or chores. As said before, it's basically improvised theater.

Open World Entertainment CEO arrested for alleged sexual harassment on artists and trainees
The CEO of Open World Entertainment, the agency that houses The Boss, X-5, and Jun Jin, has been revealed to be arrested on alleged charges of sexual harassment.

On April 10th, he was arrested by undercover investigators near Gangnam for allegedly sexually harassing, assaulting, and raping his agency’s artists and trainees. Reports to investigators were filed a month earlier and officials have been working on the case since then, interviewing over 20 victims and testifiers, gathering further evidence on the case.

Investigators finally arrested him the day following his return from Japan and were cleared for a search and seizure warrant on the entire company building. Because investigators speculated that he and his associates would attempt to get rid of the evidence, they stood guard for five hours, interviewing group The Boss and their label mates to confirm all the details.

Police were able to find that the sexual assaults occurred on the company’s fifth floor along with the choreography rehearsal studio, which is located in the basement. Police were able to confiscate all CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) footage present in the building.

An official stated, “We’ve been receiving countless reports that the CEO was using his higher position to regularly sexually harrass and assault his trainees. Over 30 victims are involved in the case.”

Meanwhile, actor Go Joo Won as well as Shin Ji Soo was also housed under Open World Entertainment, and there were also a large number of girl group trainees. Jang is currently denying the charges made against him.

This kind of shit makes me so angry. I know it's to be expected in every entertainment industry, but they should be able to stop things like this from happening before that many victims are assaulted.

Fafnir

Dramafever pumps their stuff through Hulu (when you watch on Hulu you see the DF logo). Giant was there but didn't have subtitles. Useless to me! I can watch anime untranslated, though.

Giant is pretty good btw, coming from someone who has only watched 2 K dramas prior.

There are subs on Giant.

B0sce.png

ryan-ts

This kind of shit makes me so angry. I know it's to be expected in every entertainment industry, but they should be able to stop things like this from happening before that many victims are assaulted.

At least the guy was stopped from doing further harm, 30 victims could have easily grown to 50+. This arrest could also get other people to come forward and out other assailants in the industry. I feel bad for the people who were assaulted, no one should have to go through that.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
shes channeling no one! she looks good tho.

anyways, we should be hearing something about that pledis/other label's girl group pretty soon. they're supposed to debut this month.

Peru

Shock! Not loli outfits.

Ditching their go-to songwriter but moving to others who seem somewhat out of ideas - the guys behind Secret's cutesy songs. Sojin composed an album track though, hoping it's not a ballad.

Kyon

Banned
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
tumblr_m29tkf9CJ31qaseuko5_250.png

lol speaking of YG, a tragic mess. BIGBANG had a great comeback tho of course. 2NE1................................. YG needs to realize Japan doesn't want 2NE1. They are sinking compared to their temporaries of GG, Rainbow, SHINee, and KARA. Just bring those skanks to America and finish the english album then come back to Korea to release another album, go on a world tour and thats it problem solved.

Peru

Shinee and Rainbow aren't doing that well in Japan either. 2NE1 did better than Rainbow with their album. Shinee debuted huge with 1st single but later singles have not made the same impact. Agreed that 2NE1 need to stop wasting their time there, though.

Kyon

Banned
Shinee and Rainbow aren't doing that well in Japan either. 2NE1 did better than Rainbow with their album. Shinee debuted huge with 1st single but later singles have not made the same impact. Agreed that 2NE1 need to stop wasting their time there, though.

I just meant overall SHINee is more popular etc. But yeah Will.I.Am needs to fly them over here and finish it

Max

I am not Max
Sojin literally looks the same as always, sans airbrushing

she just has a weird looking expression I think

jokkir

Not sure if any of you guys saw this yet but we got translated to some Korean website to see how American's reacted to the SNSD Letterman performance

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469754

Not sure if these are legit but:

My korean is a bit rusty but one of the post says:

'Kim, whats wrong with your online translator? There is no way that american men are into childish pop music aimed at young girls. "

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

They called NeoGaf a Sausage party.

And that NeoGaf is a shitty representation of foreigner opinion on KPOP.

And that NeoGaf is populated by Japan-lovers. My translation is rough on that one.

Populated by a bunch of SNSD lovers. Heh.

:lol :lol

My posts got translated as well

Conceptor

Alright, I'm just gonna say it. She's the Hyogre of T-ara. Come at me bros.
This won't end well :<

also LOL from that thread jokkir linked

Phonomezer # 59
&#51060;&#44148; &#51208;&#45824; &#51082;&#51012; &#49688; &#50630;&#51648;!!!
HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON &#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYO YEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;
HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829; HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEO N&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON &#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON
&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;H YOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829; HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOY EON
&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829; HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON &#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON
&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON &#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HY OYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;
HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;HYOYEON&#9829;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom