• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

Guardians of the Galaxy has a fun story too. If you like Tales from the Borderlands, you'll probably enjoy it.

Vert boil

Released today,

Iron Crypticle - 10$, 257MB.

New Pre-Order,

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - 20$

Guerrilla

The Review thread on the main gaming forum has some really good impressions from gaf members. Looks like a pretty damn good game but has a steep price. I will wait for a sale or disc version (if any) since I have other stuff to play.

After playing through it, Get Even was defintiely worth it! Pretty decent game with a very interesting twisty story. It was probably originally planned for 360 at full price I bet

speedomodel

Last year I played Walking Dead Season 2 (fairly decent but not as good as Season One) and then followed it up with the Telltale Game of Thrones series.....my word, it was boring, depressing and generally not that much fun. That gave me a reason to put any other telltale games on hold for a while.

I decided to fire up Tales from the Borderlands last weekend, and had a blast! The mechanics of any telltale game does start to feel a bit dated and contrived these days, but at least the story was fun.
I have heard Tales is one of, if not the best, but man...I just don't know if I can do it anymore. Thought Batman would be enough to keep my interest.

Tntnico

I have heard Tales is one of, if not the best, but man...I just don't know if I can do it anymore. Thought Batman would be enough to keep my interest.

Yup, Tales from the Borderlands is the best Telltale game hands down ! One of the best 2015 games with Ori and Life is Strange.

Montresor

I just finished Little Nightmares. 0_0

That was incredible. An easy 5/5 and I would say up there with Inside.

That was an insanely tense, frightening, polished, and fun experience. Really really awesome game.

Bah my Xbox One won't boot and I narrowed it down to the power supply being the issue.

Now waiting for MS to mail me a new one (cost $50) so I'm out of commission for a week or so. Boo.

The creator's games are also up now (not sure if today, but I saw a session for them in the store), there are currently 6 games. The bad part is that most offer no trial.

I forgot who recommended Turing Test but I have been having a lot of fun so far! Just started Chapter 6

The creator's games are also up now (not sure if today, but I saw a session for them in the store), there are currently 6 games. The bad part is that most offer no trial.
What's that?

Montresor

I've been playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate and the game is a mixture of horrible and good. There are so many genuinely good moments / aspects to the game such as the fantastic cutscenes and voice acting, the improvements to wall scaling / parkour made by the nifty hookshot, the great characters (especially the cameos by famous historical figures like Churchill, Dickens, etc...) and the design of London in general.

But the core game play is so unbelievably buggy, bloated, unpolished and at times.... just unfun. And it's weird to me because I'm on the train home from work and I can honestly say I can't wait to start playing when I get home.

I would say this game is not even as good as Unity which I gave a 2-5/5. That game at least had tremendously better graphics and the amazing puzzle side quests (Murder Mysteries and Nostradamus Riddles). But both games really suffered from bloat...

Ugh the combat in both games is just horrendous. The combat in any AC game seems ridiculously unfun.

Oynox

That's a shame, it looks really nice aesthetically.

Indeed. Even in Coop it is only okayish in my opinion. The whole concept of the game spans around receptivity and yeah, I was a bit turned off by it. Actually, I only played one playthrough but I to me it is not worth the asking price. If it is on sale I will probably bite because I am a sucker for decent couch coop games + aesthetics (especially music) is just phenomenal.

Oynox

Overview of the Summer Spotlight with six weeks of new releases (not sure how that is special, but well, there are probably some more highlights than usual):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OtN7_fxYPc

Personally, I am looking forward to Path of Exile. Fortnite looks interesting as well, as does Tacoma though it seems somewhat strange. I get nothing from the trailers about this game.

Montresor

The Jack The Ripper DLC in AC Syndicate is insanely good. Way better than the main game. I'm bumping up my overall score from 2/5 to 3/5 for AC Syndicate just because of the DLC. I'd give the DLC itself a 4.5/5. Excellent stuff. The whole premise / setting / package is really good. No bloat. Just a small, tight package about hunting a serial killer. What I liked is you play only as Evie, and she's 45+ years old, has spend a lot of time in India learning "fear tools", and that makes her combat way easier / more fun. And there are sequences where you can play as Jack The Ripper which are really intense / interesting. And unlike the main game where the whoooole game pretty much takes place in London / one big map, the DLC has three different maps you can travel to in addition to London.

Montresor

Been playing Furi lately - that's an excellent, but brutal game. I'm stuck at the 4th boss. Whew, gotta take a break from that one. The stylish action, art style, music, game play + story structure (fight boss, have walking section with world building and dialogue, fight boss, repeat) is pretty awesome. The 2nd boss was divine... 3rd and 4th bosses have been good so far but that 2nd boss reminds me of Shadow Of the Colossus. In Shadow of the Colossus the third boss was the most epic part of the game, with the best music in the whole game: this guy. Pretty much every other boss after that couldn't live up to that third boss. I hope I don't end up feeling the same way about boss #2 in Furi.

Also finished Four Sided Fantasy. Decent puzzle platformer game. Not amazing or great, but it had some unique puzzle gimmicks. I'd give it a 3.5/5.

Top Bottom