• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Multiplayer Trailer

Miker

I'm pretty damn impressed. This looks a lot more colorful than the last game, too. I couldn't stand the desaturated look at all. This isn't exactly a burst of gushers in my mouth, but it's an improvement.

The PC version better not be locked to 30 fps like the last one (although it was unlockable with a tool).

M*A*S*H

Hard to get a sense from that video, but is this one less visually noisy? The first one was actually painful after 45 minutes or so.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh man. This trailer definitely sold me on the game. I LOVED War for Cybertron's MP and I already see myself spending so much time on Escalation Mode....that mode was crack.

There was another video that I saw where a developer confirmed host migration, which was severely lacking in WFC. Hopefully there's not too much lag and I'll be one happy person.

Vormund

Day 1 woo

Even though WfC has a small dedicated community (360 anyway) I can't help but feel Activision are not pushing this game hard enough.

If they were really clever they should put some BlOps2 serial keys, that unlock exclusive weapons.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Love the first's multiplayer mode. It's funny, but I think it was the game that first pulled me away and made me dislike TF2. I much prefered the light vehicle's mobility and dash skill to playing the Scout (which was my go to TF2 class).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I played a match on WFC (PS3) about three months ago, and there was still that small dedicated community around 200 people. Gotta hand it to those dedicated players for keeping it alive, because it was such a great MP game, IMO.

They really do need to do something to get people hooked on it. Have community events.

Scirrocco

Oh for God's sake.

EDIT: And pre-order bonuses won't be available for the PC version.

What the fuck!?

Eh, its not so bad. You don't really need it on pc. Someone will come up with a mod or something. The G2 brut skin is only usable in Single player anyway. The G1 optimus model is the bigger loss. But i have no doubt you'll be able to buy it off the store eventually, like you did all the preorder guys from WFC.

The UK gets a Swoop unlock code for MP as preorder bonus? That sounds awesome. I hope Amazon gets that.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron's UK pre-order bonuses have been announced by Activision.

Pre-ordering the upcoming Transformers sequel from GAME will net players the G1 Retro Pack, which enables users to select the G1 Optimus Prime from the '80s animated show in single and multiplayer.

The pack also grants access to the powerful G1-inspired Megatron gun and Shockwave Blast Cannon in the single-player campaign.

Play.com customers, meanwhile, will receive an unlock code for Swoop, the aerial Dinobot who transforms from a robot to a flying dinosaur.

Finally, ordering from unspecified independent retailers will gain the Bruticus skin for single-player, which sees your Transformer adopt the "rare and vivd" colours from the Bruticus toy line.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...-cybertron-pre-order-incentives-revealed.html

No mention of Amazon.

I'm getting the game quite cheap from another retailer so I don't care that I'm missing out on these things.

But it IS coming to PC.

4LQaf.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hopefully they didn't diverge too much from WfC. One of the best multiplayer games of the gen.

The main thing they need to do is just eliminate Team Deathmatch, or place it lower on the gametype listing. The abilities and freedom of movement really shine in Conquest and King of the Hill, since those force people to constantly move from point to point and keep their proverbial plates spinning; TDM is, as it usually tends to be, a big clusterfuck that primarily takes place at one boring, arbitrarily-chosen choke point. Which is an awful showcase of the great player mobility unique to this game.

This is a rampant, recurring problem with multiplayer games. Devs, if you have a mode that's better suited to your game than TDM, then stop listing TDM first. It is ABSURD the amount of people that will just try that mode, and only that mode, simply because it's the first option on a list. And then quickly move on if they don't like it, with not a care as to how misrepresentative it is of any/every other mode.

Tizoc

The drop on this week's blog confirms the demo. Is it worth making a new thread or OT for the demo?

Was there no thread about this? this is huge, just made my day. thanks
I posted a thread about it, but buzz about this game on GAF is incredibly low which is really surprising since it seems like a lot of people loved WFC.

The PC version will also support full Steamworks for Multiplayer and enhanced lighting, textures and shadows.

Also:
tweet_1343498332.jpg

Still no PC demo though. I still can't decide between 360 and PC though. I'd prefer having the best version of the game, but that won't matter if I have nobody to play with.

Edit: I just read through the comments section and found this gem.
I'm a bit disappointed that it looks like this won't be available on GFWL... in fact, I'm very disappointed. :-\

smh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The drop on this week's blog confirms the demo. Is it worth making a new thread or OT for the demo?

New thread for demo impressions should be fine. I've aredy been playing it, but i can't use the multiplayer currently(no gold)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If this has dedicated servers on PC, I'm in.
Wasn't host migration confirmed? Doubt we'll get dedicated servers, especially not with amount of people playing MP in the first game. It was pretty barren from day 1. :(

Will preorder on Steam as soon as it goes up but I'm really bummed we're not going to get a PC demo...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The soundtrack in the demo is surprisingly awesome too. Don't know who did it but it really adds to the chaos feeling of the Bumblebee level

MutFox

Banned
Wasn't host migration confirmed? Doubt we'll get dedicated servers, especially not with amount of people playing MP in the first game. It was pretty barren from day 1. :(

Will preorder on Steam as soon as it goes up but I'm really bummed we're not going to get a PC demo...

It wouldn't be barren if they just put out those dedicated servers...

Then hardcore PC gamers would hear about it and buy,
due to the game being made PC community friendly.

Zeroth

I hope they will make a game centered around the Beast Wars. That said, the multiplayer looks VERY interesting, I will certainly give it a shot.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It wouldn't be barren if they just put out those dedicated servers...

Then hardcore PC gamers would hear about it and buy,
due to the game being made PC community friendly.
Pretty sure that some tpp console port would get much attention, even with dedicated servers. Which is sad, because the mp in the first game was pretty good.

Top Bottom