• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Jocund

PS4 USERS: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW SIEGE PATCH.

There are cases popping up of players receiving system errors. People cannot invite friends to squads, in-game or out, because the PS4 crashes (system error CE-36329). My and my friend's consoles are affected. Some on r/Rainbow6 are reporting severer issues, i.e. fried hard drives.

Once again, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SIEGE PATCH ON PS4.

PS4 USERS: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW SIEGE PATCH.

There are cases popping up of players receiving system errors. People cannot invite friends to squads, in-game or out, because the PS4 crashes (system error CE-36329). My and my friend's consoles are affected. Some on r/Rainbow6 are reporting severer issues, i.e. fried hard drives.

Once again, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SIEGE PATCH ON PS4.

Well that was close. I was still on "preparing to download" so I was able to cancel it.

nOoblet16

Downloading seems fine, it's inviting that causes the error...so just don't launch the game.

As for Kapkan, I donno why they changed the way his traps worked. We don't need more invisible traps. 2 speed buff was enough.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Why did they choose "40" damage for the Kapkan trap? "50" would be better.

Considering the lasers are invisible, killing people because they ran into two traps is OP. This way, his traps can independently at best, kill one person and seriously injure another.

I wonder if they'll consider increased the ranked timer now they have all this meta geared towards slowing the attackers down.

nOoblet16

Considering the lasers are invisible, killing people because they ran into two traps is OP. This way, his traps can independently at best, kill one person and seriously injure another.

I wonder if they'll consider increased the ranked timer now they have all this meta geared towards slowing the attackers down.

Yep 3 min is a bit too low considering how you have to now check for traps and shit. I want 3:30 Min timer.

Rocketz

New TTS:

Kapkan Buff:

2 armor / 2 speed (previously 3 armor / 1 speed)

5 traps (up from 3)

Trap lasers are invisible. Kapkan traps do not insta-kill anymore, do about 40 damage

The hell is this.

So basically I'm down to 3 operators to choose from on attack now. Thatcher, Hibana, or Twitch.

I don't understand why you guys hate IQ so much. Ubi is making her the strongest attacking operator in the game and you guys still can't accept her as the god she is. What more would it take lol?

jkupper

Neo Member
Word of note none of these changes are official. This is just the test server. If it turns out that these are not good changes they said they wont implement them.

Rocketz

Did they take drones away from the other attackers?

Obviously not but my decisions as an attacker are becoming do I take someone that will takeout the traps or to I take a person to take out reinforced walls.

I've wanted to play Jackal more as I didn't play too much of him before I took a break until this Operation but I personally don't see him as a good pick with the amount of traps being set out.

I like Ela but I think she should have 3 prox nades. 4 makes her really strong.

...and give her a Jackal like visor.
��

This is all I'm waiting for. Make it happen Ubi.

I don't understand why you guys hate IQ so much. Ubi is making her the strongest attacking operator in the game and you guys still can't accept her as the god she is. What more would it take lol?

They should give her grenades to Capitao cause that dude is become increasingly useless with all these traps.

😏

They should give her grenades to Capitao cause that dude is become increasingly useless with all these traps.

😏

Lol I shouldn't keep bringing this up because we're just going around in circles but she's really good the way she is. She has a slight skill requirement to be effective with her but once you start realising you have to use her gadget and her nades to make space so you can use her 3 speed and great guns to get frags then she becomes one of the strongest ops on attack. I don't think she needs to be trivialised with the Jackal visor stuff. If you do make it that easy to use her then she ends up taking no skill and you've made a slightly bigger headed Ash.
Capitao is in a difficult spot because he counters Mira really well but obviously not as well as Twitch. He's great at punishing defenders who aren't mobile like all the 3 armour ops. But he definitely needs something to push him over the edge. I feel the grenades allowed him to dominate way too much space. Maybe a buff to his guns to make him better at entry fragging? Maybe a third type of flash arrow? Idk but I don't think grenades are the solution.

OG Kush

Haven't downloaded the new update/dlc yet but it seems like they fucked up the meta with loads of traps. Kind of put me off even downloading and playing Siege.

Haven't downloaded the new update/dlc yet but it seems like they fucked up the meta with loads of traps. Kind of put me off even downloading and playing Siege.

Mmm, I wouldn't say its fucked up. There's a couple of things that are fucky for sure, but it's still a fun game.

For some reason, the TTS Kapkan buff really puts me off. Like....you just added two more trap operators who combined have 11 traps, now you want to buff an old operator and make the total between just the three of them 16?!

I would have been fine if they gave him the 2 speed/armor buff and removed red lines from his traps but kept them lethal and kept them at 3. There's zero reason why he should be a 1 speed.

I'll laugh when the new Offensive Operator is just a guy/girl who can eat up to 3 traps w/o consequence.

andycapps

Obviously not but my decisions as an attacker are becoming do I take someone that will takeout the traps or to I take a person to take out reinforced walls.

I've wanted to play Jackal more as I didn't play too much of him before I took a break until this Operation but I personally don't see him as a good pick with the amount of traps being set out.

I like Ela but I think she should have 3 prox nades. 4 makes her really strong.

This is all I'm waiting for. Make it happen Ubi.
Anyone can take out the traps as long as you're droning, that's my point.

Ardenyal

So, because of a bad visual design decision they take out the random spread which then made the recoil easy and predictable, this was then fixed by making the recoil patterns easy and predictable.

It all just sounds like some bullshit made up to shoehorn in a change to appease a handful of pro players.

I'm completely fine with the recoil changes. No more lucky/random headshots from dumping a full mag in to a wall or window barricade. More accurate ACOG sights.

I like luck though. It's part of the thrill of barely escaping a tight situation when the die rolls just right for you.

I like luck in the sense of "oh wow, that drone didn't see me and now two guys just walked right past, giving me the drop on them". I don't like luck in the sense of "I just sprayed 10 bullets at thermite's head and the ACOG misalignment and poor netcode in general caused them to miss".

nOoblet16

Scope misalignment needed to be fixed and that's about it. They didn't have to change recoil patterns. The random headshots you get from wall hanging or shooting a barricade has absolutely nothing to do with the recoil pattern as you are pretty much blind firing at that point and changing the recoil pattern to be less random won't necessarily mean people will stop doing blind fires and wall banging.

There's something else they are going to do now that's make the weapons feel even more homogeneous. Instead of every gun having its own damage drop off they want the damage drop off to be the exact same for every weapon in the same class. So that high damage but medium drop off AR will now have the exact same damage drop off as the medium damage low drop off AR. On top the recoil would be very similar too.

In short all ARs would feel almost exactly the same with a little bit of variation.

These two changes are entirely due to the pro league scene. It feels like the game has focused a bit too much on Pro league where the gameplay is so different from even sweaty ranked matches. Siege isn't like Gears of War where pro players and high ranked online matches have similar moving and playing games and any changes benefit or damage both player base, instead in Siege there is a big difference and as such catering to Pro league too much will sort of alienate the online user base.

nOoblet16

PS4 version is fixed btw. And they have a 50% renown boost going for another 12 hours or so.

Hello everyone,

We are glad to announce that, for those users who may have experienced system crashes related to Rainbow Six Siege, SIE has addressed the issue and impacted users should restart their PS4. If problems persist, please contact @AskPlayStation.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

EDIT: As a result of the aforementioned issue, we will be activating a 50% Renown Bonus Event for the next 24 hours.

Ha the movement is great

That and the aiming is really smooth, especially on console.

I played a lot of good FPS games on the PS3 with awful aiming, so I really appreciate it when it's done well. Killlzone 2 had a great multiplayer but the aiming was so awful i could never get into it.

Disgraced

And it'd be so much better if they'd re-assign or fuckin' let the player re-assign lean to something besides the goddamn sticks.

And fuck that dumbass recoil change. It raises the skill ceiling, sure, but it raises it around gunplay. Not strategy. Not mindplay. Mind games are the real bread and butter of Siege, and wherein there's already a Grand Canyon of a skill gap (as there is with the gunplay as it currently is as well). The competitive scene officially has too much sway over the design.

Listen to me, the dumbass forum poster with no real credibility instead. I know what I'm talking about.

And it'd be so much better if they'd re-assign or fuckin' let the player re-assign lean to something besides the goddamn sticks.

And fuck that dumbass recoil change. It raises the skill ceiling, sure, but it raises it around gunplay. Not strategy. Not mindplay. Mind games are the real bread and butter of Siege, and wherein there's already a Grand Canyon of a skill gap (as there is with the gunplay as it currently is as well). The competitive scene officially has too much sway over the design.

Listen to me, the dumbass forum poster with no real credibility instead. I know what I'm talking about.

Tons of people are pissed at the change. If Ubisoft cares, they won't go through with it.
I don't mind RNG at all in the recoil. What they have now is both terrible, and very easy to learn/manage and manipulate with macros.

In fact, a script is already out lol.

Ardenyal

I played a lot of good FPS games on the PS3 with awful aiming, so I really appreciate it when it's done well. Killlzone 2 had a great multiplayer but the aiming was so awful i could never get into it.

It really isn't when you get to the nitty gritty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd3zxFqClMA

Diagonals are bugged, dual zone is terrible, vsync is on in MP causing input lag, same with aim smoothing.

Devs are saying they will look into these things though.

I'm all for the recoil change. I think it'll be much better for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKe336w_VXc

Apparently undetectable by battle-eye because the macro is in mouse hardware.

Disgraced

What they have now is both terrible, and very easy to learn/manage and manipulate with macros.

In fact, a script is already out lol.
Apparently undetectable by battle-eye because the macro is in mouse hardware.
L-O-L. If they put it out in full force it may well be the change be the change that finally nudges me over the edge and out. My interest waned and withered over the course of Op Health then resurged when Blood Orchid landed, only to rapidly wane again now. Fuckin' A man.

Top Bottom