• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Got the squishy Metroid amiibo. Bigger than I expected. Love it.

Didn't pick up the Samus amiibo. Don't care for the in-game unlock and like the Smash Samus amiibo something feels off about it to me. Too small. I just don't think the design scales to small sizes that well. The Figma looks great, and I think it helps that it's a little less busy.

Jawmuncher

Is there an amiibo checklist with images?
My friends always ask who I do and don't have so I wanna just have a quick image resource they could use

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an amiibo checklist with images?
My friends always ask who I do and don't have so I wanna just have a quick image resource they could use

y u do dis Jaw

I use MFC to track my amiibo, but I don't think there's a maintained checklist similar to the OT. I guess you could just put a bunch of squares in the OT. :p

I honestly can not believe that the Bokoblin is so hard to find now, I held off on him for awhile cause no one was buying him.

Only one I'm missing from the set :(

Ashtrax

Can't find the new Metroid/Samus amiibos anywhere online in Australia. :(

Yeah, I find that if you don't preorder the obviously popular ones, they are all gone day 1.

I preordered my Metroid ones via JB a while back, but it hasn't shipped yet, whereas I have got the game already. And unless there is a delay I don't know about, I'm thinking they are gonna cancel it due to supply. Will be gutted if that's the case.

Hylian7

Recently we got a dog, and my fiancee got home yesterday and saw my Marth amiibo on her bed...the sword was broken off. I was pretty pissed about it, but my fiancee is awesome and offered to buy me a new one, even though she totally didn't have to do that.

Needless to say, i moved my amiibo shelf into the office that we have gated off from the dog now.

prateeko

Recently we got a dog, and my fiancee got home yesterday and saw my Marth amiibo on her bed...the sword was broken off. I was pretty pissed about it, but my fiancee is awesome and offered to buy me a new one, even though she totally didn't have to do that.

Needless to say, i moved my amiibo shelf into the office that we have gated off from the dog now.

You should thank that dog, it's helping you child (and maybe even burgle) proof your home. Also that Marth isnt' $50+ anymore.

i dont know what is happening, but i check again the webpage and is still available, so i got another order but this time i used my debit card... hope this time goes through...
I hope you get them! Otherwise I would try Target, they had them in stock for awhile. I believe Gamestop had them in stock for a bit earlier today too.

ChrisD

Squishy is hands-down the best meeber.

I honestly can not believe that the Bokoblin is so hard to find now, I held off on him for awhile cause no one was buying him.

Only one I'm missing from the set :(

Oh, it is. Huh. Every store I went to had pegs of them just a month ago, but looking now they're OOS everywhere. Not a GameStop, Walmart, or Target within 25 miles with any showing.

Would have offered to buy and ship at cost otherwise. But amiibo don't permit such a thing, as always. :L

TheGrue

Ordered three of the Momster Hunter Stories Amiibos since I guess they’re never coming out in the U.S. Really like them and didn’t realize how late they were or that you can pull the rider off. Will order the other three soon. Was looking at that Box Boy one and not sure I want to pay $40 for it.

Koppai

Was hoping Nintendo would sell the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo on their official website, no way in hell I am paying the equivalent of $20 each (with shipping) to import them. <_<;

I missed that Play-Asia deal, so mad.

wilflare

I should have jumped on that Play-Asia deal... don't know why I hesitated
would that have worked out to $13 per MonHun Stories amiibo?

I'm still waiting to get single pack versions of
Metriod
Samus
Wind Waker Link
Wind Waker Zelda

and a few others FE ones :/

Koppai

I should have jumped on that Play-Asia deal... don't know why I hesitated
would that have worked out to $13 per MonHun Stories amiibo?

I'm still waiting to get single pack versions of
Metriod
Samus
Wind Waker Link
Wind Waker Zelda

and a few others FE ones :/

They have em for about $16 each (with shipping) direct from Japan on Ebay, I am tempted but :/

Got a spare US Metroid 2 pack amiibo if anyone is looking for cost and shipping. Pm me your zip code and i can do an estimate on the shipping cost for you

BBboy20

dkiYuoG.jpg

QXjW7AU.jpg

Best Buy used a damned bag! >_<

Off-Topic: Amazon
oPBLMkG.jpg

Used a flap box and probably wasn't strong enough to withstand the weight, thus the top of this DVD case popping.

Not a good day for delivery.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Amazon has easily become the worst fucking retailer for amiibo. Can’t even get the shit out on for order before release or on release day.

My last resort is always Gamestop. Worst shipping and the site always goes down or sells out. Amazon at least gives me free shipping.

Top Bottom