• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 2018 - PS4, XBO, Switch, and PC

_Aaron_

iY0ltyu.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

Includes:
Street Fighter

Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (incl online play)
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (incl online play)

Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (incl online play)

Street Fighter III
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (incl online play)

Coming May 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
$40

iY0ltyu.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

Includes:
Street Fighter

Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3

Street Fighter III
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Coming May 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Collection of the century.GOTY OF THE NEXT 1000 YEARS.

Futaleufu

Nice collection, no pricing but it's probably between 40-60 dollars. Good value there, specially compared to USF2 in Switch.

I also would like for them to shut the fuck up about the competitive scene in the Street Fighter trailers.

Wew, now that's a collection. I'm all in. Not sure what to get it for yet though, probably Switch but I'm kinda worried if the joycon can handle those inputs.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That's awesome. I've jumped around playing SF. I've been going back to Alpha 3 MAX on the PSP every now and then.

I played a lot of 3rd Strike on Xbox. When it hit the PS3/360 it was at a weird time with SFIV becoming huge.

radewagon

At this point in my life, I feel as though I have purchased these games enough times. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

LordRaptor

No online play for Alpha 2 is weak as fuck.

Yeah, its weird - SSF2:T obsoletes SF2CE, but both get online, but SFA2 and SFA3 are different beasts
with SFA2 being better
and it only gives online to the latest edition.

Real talk: I'd drop OG Street Fighter like a radioactive turd in favour of Pocket Fighter i I was making this compilation, because the OG Street Fighter is just outright bad.
But then I guess that would remind people Darkstalkers exists, and god knows capcom doesn't want that

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Haven't played SF3 and SF3 double Impact in over ten years hyped!

Like others have said no Alpha 2 gold/online is lame...Alpha 2 is my fav out of all of these

Looks like I'll still have to break this out if I want to play it still

Street_Fighter_Alpha_Anthology_cover.jpg

LaserHawk

Real talk: I'd drop OG Street Fighter like a radioactive turd in favour of Pocket Fighter i I was making this compilation, because the OG Street Fighter is just outright bad.
But then I guess that would remind people Darkstalkers exists, and god knows capcom doesn't want that

SF1's a pretty bad game, but it's gotta be there for completion's sake. Every Street Fighter fan should be able to say they've hit Sagat with a shoryuken in SF1.

Pocket Fighter really would have been a nice addition, though. But what I would want is whatever the most content-rich version of Alpha 3 there is. I know they've had some additional characters and modes on PS1, PSP, and even GBA. It would be cool to see all that stuff worked into an arcade-quality version somehow.

Lone Wolf

SF1's a pretty bad game, but it's gotta be there for completion's sake. Every Street Fighter fan should be able to say they've hit Sagat with a shoryuken in SF1.

Pocket Fighter really would have been a nice addition, though. But what I would want is whatever the most content-rich version of Alpha 3 there is. I know they've had some additional characters and modes on PS1, PSP, and even GBA. It would be cool to see all that stuff worked into an arcade-quality version somehow.
I think PSP had Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. My favorite version.

Laws00

I've waited for ages for an Alpha game to have online.

Everyones made because blah blah.

I just hope that I dont have to unlock all the characters for Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Futaleufu

I wouldnt mind if they added Pocket Fighter and Puzzle Fighter as DLC,

I'll have to buy this.
If glitches like Guiles handcuffs, freeze and invisible throw are not in SF2 WW, I'll be a little disappointed.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Awesome collection! Please put in ps3 legacy stick support like usf4 and sf5 and I will completely be there day one.

LordRaptor

I mean, yeah, the "completionist" argument holds water, but for most people who've never played SF being exposed to it, they're likely to just think "Wow, I can't believe someone greenlit a sequel to that".

Like... I literally can't think of any other franchise with such an enormous leap in quality between the first entry and the second outside of maybe if you consider the first Mario Bros (awful) a direct prequel to Super Mario Bros (iconic)

Narasaki

Online for Alpha 3 and NOT 2? fuck you capcom, that's the only SF i'm interested in touching

Besides, SF now reeks of capcom america, FGC, and the disgusting Udon artwork.

It seems also that they're only arcade ports. That means no special characters for alpha 3, no Alpha 2 gold, no arrange ost... just no.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
The lack of online play for Alpha 2 is poor but besides that I am exceedingly happy.

Nice collection, no pricing but it's probably between 40-60 dollars. Good value there, specially compared to USF2 in Switch.

I also would like for them to shut the fuck up about the competitive scene in the Street Fighter trailers.

The whole collection costs the same as USF2. Pretty crazy to me. I assume that price is the same on the switch.

Manus

Oh this is awesome. At that price too I'll pick this up on Switch and PC.

This makes the Switch port of Street Fighter 2 look hilarious.

Kimawolf

YES! I'm in! I wish they added SFIV and 5 but i'll take it, especially Alpha!

Damn i guess SNK vs Capcom is tied up as well..

Crew 511A

Since Capcom still has the Marvel license, I wish they'd thrown us a bone with Xmen vs Street Fighter, but this is still a day one purchase for me. I bought a Hori fighting pad when the rumor of this thing started back in July. I'd all but given up.

The lack of online play for Alpha 2 is poor but besides that I am exceedingly happy.

Yeah I thought that was an odd misstep in an otherwise stellar collection. Hopefully there'll be an option to disable the framing cabinet artwork too. Regardless, I'll be picking this one up on day one.

Do we have any cover art for the game yet?

ReBurn

Gold Member
At this point in my life, I feel as though I have purchased these games enough times. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

I know exactly what you mean. It's tough to toss more money at games I've purchased multiple times already. It's a pretty neat collection, though.

I wonder if they can patch online support to some of the other titles if there is enough interest shown in them?

I'd imagine that it'd be possible, so hopefully they listen to fan feedback and enable it for Alpha 2 via a patch.

I still pull out my Saturn and DC every now and again to play various entries across the series, so I'm really looking forward to having everything on a single current gen console.

Vitacat

Is this just going to be emulations using the old arcade ROMs, or actual ports with new modes and features i.e. SFA3 on PSP? I'm guessing with that many titles it's just going to be ROMs, which makes me less interested TBH.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I know exactly what you mean. It's tough to toss more money at games I've purchased multiple times already. It's a pretty neat collection, though.

Wallet permitting and future consoles BC permitting, this collection is finally the complete way to play all the best 2D Street Fighter games, it is the only full collection out there so I would want to get it.

Top Bottom