• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

takoyaki

I haven't even received a tracking number yet. I'll pump the brakes on opening a ticket since they're slammed with orders. Will give it another week or so. Just got a little nervous seeing some people getting Night Trap already but still no movement on Wonder Boy.

My WB order still says ”Unfulfilled" as well, no shipping notification or tracking number yet. Probably nothing to worry about just yet, I've sometimes received my orders pretty late compared to other Europeans in this thread. In some cases, the tracking number didn't work properly for me either, but the packages always arrived eventually.

Haven't seen anyone post this so just giving a heads up so that maybe it'll save someone a bit of time.

I contacted Heavyarms about the Ys LE and they responded back:

"We have stopped taking orders for this item because it may not exist according to the worldwide publisher."

Hmmm

zeopower6

Haven't seen anyone post this so just giving a heads up so that maybe it'll save someone a bit of time.

"We have stopped taking orders for this item because it may not exist according to the worldwide publisher."

Hmmm

Wow.... knowing what LRG does though with H2/DotEmu/ASW, it seemed like this was the case.

NolbertoS

Hmmm

Who's heavyarms? Does this mean LRG won't have the CE up for sale? That would suck then.

zeopower6

Who's heavyarms? Does this mean LRG won't have the CE up for sale? That would suck then.

Heavyarm was the SEAsian retailer advertising the "Asian LE" with the 2CD soundtrack, game, and 120~ page artbook from Korea. That release was supposed to be Korean only and their distributor seems to have made up a release or something that didn't exist. LRG had spoken to them and DotEmu/ASW and there was no confirmation of an "Asian English LE" but a Korean LE did exist in the same format from H2[?].

LRG will have their CE up for sale, this is unrelated to LRG.

No they have nothing to do with LRG.

Heavyarms is an Asian retailer that was supposed to be carrying an Asian LE of Ys Origin.

Well it does have something to do with LRG. Now that it looks like the fabled Asian LE with soundtrack might not exist the rush for the LRG LE will be even crazier.

No shipment on WB or NT orders for me. I did order the other games with them though so my guess is that once those are in hand they'll do one shipment per order.

zeopower6

No shipment on WB or NT orders for me. I did order the other games with them though so my guess is that once those are in hand they'll do one shipment per order.

Seems they are slowly going through for NT at least.

Yes, we're a small company and we're in the middle of shipping out about 40,000 games. :) Night Trap starts shipping today.

From their Twitter just yesterday.

That is a LOT of games to ship tbh.

emb

Hope they're able to (or have been able to) hire a couple more people. Thinking about it all together like that, 40k sounds crazy.

UK here and my copy of Jotun has only just cleared customs so I wouldn't get worried if your copies of NT or WB are still in the system (I'm also waiting on the WB CE).

Olengie

Nee em September Announcements!

Found this interesting. VA11 HALL-A is getting a physical release in Japan in November. Hope we get it before that.

i-Jest

Found this interesting. VA11 HALL-A is getting a physical release in Japan in November. Hope we get it before that.

I fully expect this to be a 2018 release. By Odin's balls it will be if I have anything to say about it :p

i-Jest

I'm curious to see how fast Asdivine Hearts sells. I've seen gameplay, it's not terribly bad, but nothing really stood out. It's BASIC turn-based JRPG, to the point where it wouldn't be an overstatement to call it boring. I still want both versions though, something about it is charming (sounds crazy, I know).

ys45

Wow after my last experience with Wonder Boy, I can't wait to try to get Ys Origin collector ...

Well, at least I'll get it on ps4 physical no matter what since they take order for a certain amount of time.

oldmario

i wonder if it's possible that the physical will have have english in it too or if it'll just be japanese

Semoreh

I don't know the Ys franchise so well but I thought I'd take it on Vita to go alongside the other games like Celceta, etc. But I'm reconsidering now that I read the PS4 one could be more stable.

-- Since there were a few comments about Ghost Blade HD being a possible run for next month, it might be worth repeating that LRG's version will launch exclusively as a collector's edition with a smaller quantity than Play-Asia's release and possibly "a poster, trading cards, [or even a hard-copy] Dreamcast version" as extras. These details were tucked away on their forum back in June and they hadn't been locked at the time of posting, but it might provide a heads-up with what to expect from the North American version.

i wonder if it's possible that the physical will have have english in it too or if it'll just be japanese
If anyone happens to find confirmation of English subtitles in the Japanese version, please let me know and I'll acknowledge its existence in the OP. With Playism handling the port, I'm sure it'll have some awesome packaging based on their work for Hyper Light Drifter being directly comparable to the iam8bit/North American variant outside of the alternate cover artwork. Oh, it might be worth mentioning that Play-Asia has a single Playism copy available for sale, too. Apparently this version also supports English subs based to a user comment from the product page, but Hyper Light doesn't place much emphasis on text anyway so language barrier shouldn't be an issue for someone that wants a physical edition.

Got the tracking details for Night Trap CE this morning.
Nice! Hopefully everyone will start witnessing movement on their Night Trap orders pretty soon. I bought Bunker alongside my collector's edition so I'm genuinely curious over how they'll bundle them together into a single shipment. Guessing both games will head out in a bigger box than usual?

Weevilone

Weevilone

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/rewards

I sent in 40 tickets for the variant and got an email a few days later that they received them and have one reserved for me.

Interesting, thought we were still waiting for more information.
something something communication..

Ok if I read that form, we are still waiting. There's no way to redeem for the exclusive cover, just for the game (and by way of that generic entry).

Joe Molotov

Even the redemption page doesn't mention it.
Is the only way to know this really to follow that particular forum topic?

Sounds like a typical LRG announcement. Be sure to check the website, every social media outlet, and various forums just to find out what's going on.

phorrest

Neo Member
Interesting, thought we were still waiting for more information.
something something communication..

Ok if I read that form, we are still waiting. There's no way to redeem for the exclusive cover, just for the game (and by way of that generic entry).

I just wrote "Night Trap variant" on the redemption sheet. The email I got sounded like they don't have them on hand yet.

I_Am_CC

Well i received my copy of Night Trap today and its smashed up pretty badly, worse than any other game I've purchased before. I've submitted a ticket with their support to see what they can do for me. This was my first time ordering from Limited Run. Anyone have any experience getting damaged goods from them before? Really all I need is a new insert, pretty sure I have spare PS4 cases somewhere and if not I can easily get another for cheap.

QgQy0BF.png

Ventara

Well i received my copy of Night Trap today and its smashed up pretty badly, worse than any other game I've purchased before. I've submitted a ticket with their support to see what they can do for me. This was my first time ordering from Limited Run. Anyone have any experience getting damaged goods from them before? Really all I need is a new insert, pretty sure I have spare PS4 cases somewhere and if not I can easily get another for cheap.

Previously, you've had to mail it back to them, and they'll send you the replacement. Since you just need the insert, they might be able to just mail you that without you sending anything, but that's just me guessing.

This is why I add on a box with every order (assuming I'm just ordering one game). Bubble mailers and PS4 games are just a bad idea --they're just too fragile. I'm positive they'll replace the whole thing for you provided you ship it back.

DarkOneX

This is why I add on a box with every order (assuming I'm just ordering one game). Bubble mailers and PS4 games are just a bad idea --they're just too fragile. I'm positive they'll replace the whole thing for you provided you ship it back.

Man Night Trap was my first purchase from them and I had no clue about that box addon, wish I'd done that, now I'm worried. Both mine have tracking #'s so should be receiving them soon. I'd be crushed had I waited this long only to receive it like that :(

oldmario

my copy of dariusburst on ps4 came in a box with some other games and that had a weird warped front that was a bit bent, the other games were fine tho so i guess it was the paper pushing down too hard on the cover and it just warped like that

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Man Night Trap was my first purchase from them and I had no clue about that box addon, wish I'd done that, now I'm worried. Both mine have tracking #'s so should be receiving them soon. I'd be crushed had I waited this long only to receive it like that :(

FWIW. I've never used the box option and no games have ever had damage.

Top Bottom