• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden - 'XBO X preorders are ahead of expectations by a wide margin

watdaeff4

The shit-posting from Sony/Fanboys In this round is going to be God tier. BTW... How many days have the preorders of the XBX?

0hQyd5L.gif

you know, this can go both ways.....

Boke1879

There is no doubt this will sell well to the hardcore this holiday. Aside from that I don't see how it competes with a machine that's $250 past that.

Chobel

How many XBO X Project Scorpio Edition they did they plan to sell? I thought it's pretty normal for "limited" SKUs to be sold out in 1st day.

Jesus Gowans, quote tags my man!
Was not expecting that size image when loading the thread!

On topic, pleased for them, got one preordered myself.

Not surprised.
Positives
+if you're a console gamer this is the most powerful console
+if you own both multiplat console gamer you'd buy this console considering it's the most powerful console.
+if you're a PlayStation game and interested in xbox, you would be waiting for this xbox.

Negatives
-price
-exclusives if you aren't a console gamer

Should be pretty successful

joecanada

So did WiiU as some just recently posted those old headlines..... Preorders are great but for electronics is not a great predictor of success

MilkyJoe

There is no doubt this will sell well to the hardcore this holiday. Aside from that I don't see how it competes with a machine that's $250 past that.

That's not the expectation, however, that Minecraft console is going to sell like hotcakes to the kids. My nephew is going to lose his shit.

pooptest

Mods are not huge fans of it, since it just creates console warz ammo.

Understood. As I said, wasn't intentional and has since been corrected. Force of habit.

Unrelated, but I do enjoy the X1S, but I literally have zero 4K equipment.

Maybe when PS5 / X2 come out I'll have a reason to upgrade my receiver. It can't pass-through 4K (wom wom), but it works perfectly fine.

Sorry, not sorry as well?

Damn! We got a cool guy over here....

No, I just didn't appreciate the attitude.

watdaeff4

How many XBO X Project Scorpio Edition they did they plan to sell? I thought it's pretty normal for "limited" SKUs to be sold out in 1st day.

The analyst came to GAF and read posts from Sony fanboys that no one would have any reason to buy, so as soon as they hit 10 (for margin of error), it exceeded expectations.

/s

That's not the expectation, however, that Minecraft console is going to sell like hotcakes to the kids. My nephew is going to lose his shit.
I'm not for sure $400 is a bit steep IMO for the parents crowd. If they would have priced it at $250 then it would be a different story.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Jez has basically been unofficial microsoft PR for almost a year.

But I don't doubt that early adopters are eating up these limited editions.

Quonny

Without knowing what the expectations are, this is kinda useless.

But it is good for Microsoft, and gaming as a whole.

wapplew

The power of 6TF and PUBG.
Best place to play popular multiplat is the best and only sales pitch they need.

Raide

Understood. As I said, wasn't intentional and has since been corrected. Force of habit.

Unrelated, but I do enjoy the X1S, but I literally have zero 4K equipment.

Maybe when PS5 / X2 come out I'll have a reason to upgrade my receiver. It can't pass-through 4K (wom wom), but it works perfectly fine.

No problems! Yeah, lack of 4K kit is an issue for some but 1X will still be a good shout for 1080p owners, maybe not as much for 4k owners.

Not trying to be edgy at all. It's how I've been typing it for years. Sorry (not sorry) you get butthurt over a symbol.

You realize that mods can see if you edit this, right? Talking like you're on Gamefaqs, then telling people they're butthurt? That'll sure end well.

Boke1879

Of course. One X will sell well for November and December to the hardcore. After that I don't see how it competes with PS4 Slim, One S, or the Switch.

But I am happy for them that their new upgrade has a market. I may buy one myself, but I'm not sure just yet.

I can see that. What was the going rate of the PS4 Pro, 1 out of 5 PS4 buys in the last 12 months? If they were aiming at for something like 10%, it wouldn't be hard to shoot above that at least to the hardcore base.

I'm sure they are.

And I'm also sure two months post launch, the XB1 will be in the same situation it is now much like with the Slim launch.

Welfare

Something I read on Twitter so don't know the validity (so don't quote me on this) but I guess Scorpio editions were supposed to last a week?

watdaeff4

Jez has basically been unofficial microsoft PR for almost a year.

But I don't doubt that early adopters are eating up these limited editions.

Wasn't he also posting yesterday that PUBG was flat out NOT exclusive to XB? It's not like it's a Greenberg or Tim Dog (or whatever his name is)

Chobel

The analyst came to GAF and read posts from Sony fanboys that no one would have any reason to buy, so as soon as they hit 10 (for margin of error), it exceeded expectations.

/s

Unless I'm missing something, regular X1X is still not available for pre-order. You can only pre-order the "VERY limited" Project Scorpio Edition.

Something I read on Twitter so don't know the validity (so don't quote me on this) but I guess Scorpio editions were supposed to last a week?

I don't buy it, that doesn't sound like "limited" edition at all.

MilkyJoe

/s

I'm not for sure $400 is a bit steep IMO for the parents crowd. If they would have priced it at $250 then it would be a different story.

400? Fucking ell, there's no need for that.

pooptest

No problems! Yeah, lack of 4K kit is an issue for some but 1X will still be a good shout for 1080p owners, maybe not as much for 4k owners.

Yeah, I suppose the downsampling would be fine, but my TV isn't even all that great. It's a $200 Amazon special (Toshiba 50" during BF a couple years ago). Blacks look pretty janky on it, even on Netflix via PS4 and on Blu-Rays.

You realize that mods can see if you edit this, right? Talking like you're on Gamefaqs, then telling people they're butthurt? That'll sure end well.

That's fine (?). I edited the original post and even mentioned I removed the symbol in a following post. Not trying to hide anything.

Top Bottom