• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck bloodseeker

hero is so cool but sucks in teamfights :(

I like him in team fights, tbh. when he gets a kill his health jump like 50%, and anyone getting low on health can't run away with his ult in play.

Hell, it's even good for initiating a gank because it's like a stun, but without the disable. Move and die.

n0b

With a radiance and your silence you can be pretty useful, the ult is pretty good for locking down supports too.

BORING BUILD. And honestly not very effective. I have never seen somebody scared of a radiance bloodseeker, and you spend 5k gold to still be countered by a 135g tp scroll.

Force Staff is the best.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BORING BUILD. And honestly not very effective. I have never seen somebody scared of a radiance bloodseeker, and you spend 5k gold to still be countered by a 135g tp scroll.

Force Staff is the best.

Shame it's countered by TP also.

Lirlond

Force Staff is the best.

Well you can farm a radiance in 15 minutes normally. And everything that Bloodseeker does can be countered by a tp scroll. A support should grab a force staff, honestly worthless on bloodseeker. Just go butterfly, heart, bkb etc. You're a carry, not a burst mage.

Finalow

you can counter a lot of carries with a tp scroll.
force staff seems useless, not saying that radiance is a better item for him tho.

Artanisix

But with BKB he does shit damage since he can't bloodrage himself, and without BKB he gets blown up with his low hp pool.

this hero is no go

you can counter a lot of carries with a tp scroll.
force staff seems useless, not saying that radiance is a better item for him tho.

Except for when they realize BS' ult is on them and stop and wait for their teammates to finish BS off, but then BS uses force staff and they die anyway.

For best have a teammate get another force staff.

For best best, five of 'em.

How is Force Staff countered by TP? It cancels TP.

EDIT: Bloodseeker still sucks ass though.

Sibylus

Banned
If Rupture had a damage multiplier for acceleration, Force Staff could be great. As it is right now, the initial damage and the force staff damage combined would be around 710 (at a level 3 ultimate). That can be a significant chunk of a support hero's health, but you run the risk of pushing them across terrain or trees, and then you've basically created a gap when you need to be close to finish them off. If they started TPing immediately after being Ruptured and you lack disables to cancel it, that silly Staff is probably going to save their life.

Force Staff doesn't break channeling.

oh

well then

If Rupture had a damage multiplier for acceleration, Force Staff could be great. As it is right now, the initial damage and the force staff damage combined would be around 710 (at a level 3 ultimate). That can be a significant chunk of a support hero's health, but you run the risk of pushing them across terrain or trees, and then you've basically created a gap when you need to be close to finish them off. If they started TPing immediately after being Ruptured and you lack disables to cancel it, that silly Staff is probably going to save their life.

Only if you're retarded enough to use it prematurely...

Artanisix

I wonder if you could play him as a support hero who harasses and focuses on denies to refill his hp. Build support items such as wards/jango/force staff/mek/soul ring. Max bloodrage.

Hmmmmm....

n0b

Yes but it instantly doubles the pure damage of his ult before the tp goes off, which means you are more likely to kill them before they channel their full TP assuming they instantly TP the SECOND they get ulted. Radiance needs 5 seconds to do that much damage at level one of his ult, and 12 seconds to match what a force staff adds to his max level ult. (and thats assuming nobody has a pipe or hood on the other team, because pipe makes radiance completely worthless and hood (or even a cloak) counters the radi.

By the time you get a radiance you would have both a force staff and a significant part of a much more worthwhile item. (like, say a yasha, 2/3 of a bkb, an eaglesong, a talisman of evasion+Quarterstaf, etc etc) You would gank earlier and more effectively, and you would have an escape and chasing mechanism that benefits your entire team.

Force staff scales with your ult, radiance doesn't. Force staff is useful all game, radiance isn't worth it past the 30 minute mark. The only characters that radiance belongs on are people that take so much effort to kill that their team will kill you while you are focusing them and have aoe damage that can stack on top of the radiance as the fight goes on. It does not belong on single target assassins.

Sibylus

Banned
Only if you're retarded enough to use it prematurely...
Still sounds less than impressive. Let's say the target points themselves in a favorable direction and begins the TP, you have your level 3 ultimate and you dealt 350 initial damage. They're a support of some kind, probably have a few items and are sitting at around 1000 HP. They're down to about 650 now, and you have to get them to 360 health or lower to successfully blow them up with the Staff. Depending on armor, you may or may not get the 290 damage into them in that three second window, the silence damage would help a ton, but that's assuming an ideal situation where they haven't done a thing other than hit the TP and are utterly alone. A Dazzle can grave himself and get out. An Omniknight can heal and repel you and get out. A Lich can Frost Armor himself and possibly get out. A VS can throw a stun and possibly get out. A Veno would have it much rougher, but a gale and some fancy footwork into the trees could save him. A CM could Frostbite you and get out. If they have backup nearby (say a Tidehunter or ES, who will slow you down and reduce the amount of autoattacks you'll get), they can definitely get out. I'd much rather put my money into damage items and increase my DPS going into the mid and late-game than pick up a utility/novelty item with increasingly diminishing returns as the game goes on. Support heroes can get in on the occasional Rupture Staff nuke, given that's often an item that offers them a lot of utility anyway. But BS has little to gain by going that route.

Calling back to my previous post, I kinda wish Rupture did have a damage multiplier for acceleration. Shotgun Bloodseeker is an interesting mechanic that really ought be made mechanically sound.

Ult someone then force staff I'd imagine. I think Purge did the maths on the cost to damage ratio and found it lacking in comparison to other items though.

Yeah force staff blows, I read something similar to that somewhere.

Why not do sange/yasha on him, split later and pick up manta/heaven's halberd?

n0b

Ult someone then force staff I'd imagine. I think Purge did the maths on the cost to damage ratio and found it lacking in comparison to other items though.

Its kind of dumb to pretend its only utility is as a damage item though. And my only point is that it is FAR better than worthless radianceseekers.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Force staff scales with your ult, radiance doesn't. Force staff is useful all game, radiance isn't worth it past the 30 minute mark. The only characters that radiance belongs on are people that take so much effort to kill that their team will kill you while you are focusing them and have aoe damage that can stack on top of the radiance as the fight goes on. It does not belong on single target assassins.

If only Bloodseeker had the ability to regain health in a fight.

Epix

Here's the build I typically try and get to from one of my better BS games.

SnY/Heart/Butterfly and if things go really well a BKB

B7EF2C16E6B50970C8BBD33AE9D924DB14318CBD

n0b

Yeah, thats pretty much the logical build. The only thing I would say is that its a good idea to go crits on Bloodseeker because silencing yourself will stack with the crits and make you hit for almost 3x and up crits. Heart would probably be the more logical item to replace, since you can easily heal yourself up after a fight with your skill based regen.

Its always fun to watch how people react to force staff and they lose like half of their health or more in an instant.

legacyzero

Banned
Well as I expected, I jumped into my first bot match. Got fucking murdered lol.

Damn I need to learn how to play this. Never played anything like it before.

Termyte19

Neo Member

Force Staff is the best.

I can vouch for this comment from first-hand experience.

Why am I so good at this game?

Some dude was talking mad mess about my skillz, and then I destroyed the entire enemy team.

Am at the point now where even in the games I lose I at least still have a positive K/D ratio.

I had pretty good game, considering it was 3vs5. We did surprisingly well during team fights, but we still lost due to numbers. The Warlock disconnected very early, and the Druid got pissed because Zeus was stealing kills all the time (that's why he has to many kills).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
why do people keep posting brag screenshots when its not even _close_ to impressive

My last one was because I did a silly thing and Jungled as Necrolyte, and did very very well. The one before was because I won as Antimage without a kill or death.

Kapura

Banned
My last one was because I did a silly thing and Jungled as Necrolyte, and did very very well. The one before was because I won as Antimage without a kill or death.

well, stop it. Neither of those are very exceptional, and none of these are very funny or interesting. If you post a screenshot of every fifth game, nobody gives a shit.

MKAllDay

Just played a game where everyone on the opposing team had between 150 and 350 wins and they were a full 5 stack (with matching names to boot) versus our team who's wins ranged from 7-69.

Matchmaking system hard at work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom