• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

I know DS3 just came out.. and while it's a good game, I miss the freshness of something new from these guys.

The Bloodborne leak was one of the greatest moments of my gaming life. The rush of blood I got from seeing the possibility of something great and it turning out to be better than expected seems to be a once in a lifetime event.

I don't want it to be. Just give me one more original game akin to BB. I'm not even going to ask for a sequel, cause I've/ we've been shot down by multiple gaffers.

Where art thou Miyazaki?

mebizzle

I'd love to see them do a modern AC game.

And some sort of new Souls adjacent would be great, those games are masterpieces imo (BB is one of my favorite games ever)

daTRUballin

Weird choice for a thread title considering they're still around and still make games. They're also in their prime now too.

Fisty

This is the longest they've gone without news of a new game in a long ass time, iirc. I'm expecting something huge, like "Souls who?" huge

tesqui

I think we've been spoiled with the two most recent souls games releasing a year after each other. (DS2 then Bloodborne then DS3) I think next year we will definitely get a trailer and release date.

VeeP

It’s a shame we won’t get a sequel to Chromehounds, and it’s a shame we haven’t had a new Armored Core game yet. FS is probably working on another Souls game.

I miss Zelda games.

I miss Naughty Dog.

Those guys just came out with games this year where From did not.

I miss those guys and this is for people who feel the same. No matter how small the amount, can we have that? Jeez

They need to chill with the Souls games and make a new Armored Core or maybe some kind of darker spinoff series.

I don't care what it is, I'll take that too..

Dremorak

Banned
Hopefully the next thing they make is nothing like Dark Souls. If they just announce Bloodborne 2 or DS4, I'll hit the snooze button on them for now.

sublimit

Banned
On one hand my anticipation for any news from them is through the roof but on the other hand i want them (for once) to take as much time as they want and come up with something as fresh as Demon's Souls was in 2009.

HeatBoost

Hopefully the amount of time they're spending on whatever's next results in something that's really different and fresh. I love the Dark Souls trilogy, but it was starting to feel a bit diminished returns-y towards the end there

And frankly, since this is the dev who ran Armored Core and Tenchu into the ground (in my opinion) I was a bit worried they'd milk the games until they stopped being good.

I miss USA Up all night.

you'd think that it'd be ripe for a comeback with the way that cable TV seems to get increasingly anything-goes lately

Would you say you feel... Hollow in their absence?

Personally I'm just glad they're producing! Be it Souls, BB, AC, something new, they've earned my love so many times over. Every experience they've released since Demon's Souls has taken hold of me like no other.

Drain You

Even though BB is a unique game I wouldn't say it's that far of a leap front Souls as some other From Software games.

Give me another Lost Kingdoms.

Would you say you feel... Hollow in their absence?

Personally I'm just glad they're producing! Be it Souls, BB, AC, something new, they've earned my love so many times over. Every experience they've released since Demon's Souls has taken hold of me like no other.

Yes. It's very unsettling.

I am too, don't get me wrong guys.. I know their working, I just need a From fix. The dlc didn't do it for me.

Maxinas

For me, and a lot of other people. The souls games has invigorated gaming for us. Or for me at least. They have been my go to games.

And when suddenly there is no more, I'm left with a bunch of stuff that leaves me empty

Chances are, From Software will release at least 2 full games before Nintendo releases the next 3D Mainline Zelda. Overreacting.

True Fire

I actually agree with OP. DS3 feels like 10 years ago, and Bloodborne is a distant memory. I'm ready for something big from them.

silva1991

It has been a while since the masterpiece Bloodborne. Just announce your new game Miyazaki kami sama
notworthy.gif

Top Bottom