• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Queen of Pop Camila Cabello delivers with "Havana" donating proceeds to ACLU

The Flop

Banned
Camila,[redacted], is donating all the proceeds from her monster hit "Havana" to the ACLU.
p05jnvzq.jpg

She gave a riviting performance on the Today Show to celebrate dreamers.

Listen to the GLOBAL smash here.

See her other performance from Jimmy Fallon

Unless I'm missing something, she's Cuban and came to the US when she was nearly 7. Considering wet foot, dry foot was still policy, she would have been given legal status as a refugee and a path to citizenship. Simply for stepping on US soil.

While I support the message for dreamers, calling her a ”dreamer herself" lessens the very real threat of deportation that actual Dreamers have to live with. This children that were brought to the country illegally with no choice.

I say that as a Cuban that was lucky enough to be brought to the US in the Mariel boat lift when I was two years old and was given every opportunity to succeed because of a simple policy meant to shit on Fidel Castro. Because other Latinos of different nationalities have been nowhere near as lucky, there's no way in hell I would ever sit here and try to pass myself off as a ”dreamer".

The Flop

Banned
OK I will edit the OP, but still is generous of her to donate the proceeds of the song to the ACLU, you can'T Deny that.

Top Bottom