• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimmy Kimmel calls out deceptive Republicans over Graham-Cassidy Obamacare repeal

kirblar

To be perfectly frank, Paul was probably just angling to get an "I voted for a clean repeal" vote on his record to back up his Ayn Rand schtick. That was never going to pass, and he knew that, but he still wanted it on record. Now that he has that, the GOP will need another bribe to get his vote back.
Put simpler: Paul is your 49th vote to repeal and your 51st vote to keep it.

He is a free rider exploiting the current situation and will refuse to be the deciding vote.

Kevinroc

One of Rand Paul's objections, that we haven't really discussed, is his knowledge that setting this precedent would give the Democrats permission to do whatever they wanted when they came back into power.

Of course that didn't stop him from voting for Trumpcare last time. So best not to put too much faith in this.

watershed

Banned
I hope Kimmel's very public advocacy against this bill is enough to kill it. Voting for this should be a shameful, career defining moment for republicans but people are either so blind or so disengaged that they don't care. Their own healthcare will almost certainly be worse and more costly under this bill and they don't seem to know or care. I don't get it.

Not

Banned
I hope Kimmel's very public advocacy against this bill is enough to kill it. Voting for this should be a shameful, career defining moment for republicans but people are either so blind or so disengaged that they don't care. Their own healthcare will almost certainly be worse and more costly under this bill and they don't seem to know or care. I don't get it.

Republicans very clearly care more about maintaining the personal interests of them and their friends more than anything else they claim to. The poor people who support them are brainwashed and typically racist.

quote-i-ll-tell-you-what-s-at-the-bottom-of-it-if-you-can-convince-the-lowest-white-man-he-lyndon-b-johnson-107-70-60.jpg

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
John Kennedy's blinking in that clip was about the most clear body language for I know I'm a lying asshole, I've ever seen.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I can't believe they're going to try this again, with a bill that's even worse than last time. What's the word for trying the same thing each time and expecting different results? What a tragic joke this is. Good statement from Kimmel, I hope they get flooded with calls.

Measley

Pretty disgusting the way those senators are attacking Kimmels intelligence. It takes brains to be a successful comedian. Clearly more brains than it requires to become a senator or president.

abundant

Pretty disgusting the way those senators are attacking Kimmels intelligence. It takes brains to be a successful comedian. Clearly more brains than it requires to become a senator or president.

I loved how Kimmel threw it back in their face by pointing out how the President that they back is most famous for firing Meatloaf on a reality TV show.

Number_6

Since I dont really trust polls anymore (Huffington 98.1% chance of Hilary winning the presidency) what are the actual chances this bill actually gets the 50 votes and passes?

Eh, polls aren't guarantees. Probability is a measure of likelihood, but it's rarely perfect. Plus, a poll isn't a census--they don't ask every voter, but only a sample of the overall population. Thus, it's an estimate. Every poll result is only worth an estimate.

That said, even this poll allowed for a slight chance of a Trump win. Otherwise, it would have said %100 Hillary. There's never a guarantee with probability from survey or experimental results.

Top Bottom