• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things |OT| Hey, you guys...it's our time. It's our time in here July 15th

Double D

Does Netflix allow you to download episodes to a device so you can watch them later offline? I leave tomorrow to go out of town for a week and it would be great if I could watch it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

Woah!! Watched it, I can't help myself boys lol!!

This seems to really nail down that 80's vibe. Soundtrack sounds great. Kids all seem really good, though I'm not a big fan of the way the bigger chunk-esque character does that spit/talk thing. Very small gripe.

This does actually have quite a big reveal right away

showing the monster/thing so early is a bold move. You can definitely see most of it's outline in 3 or 4 different shots. Not sure how I feel about the design. First impression is that it looked a bit bland. It might grow on me the more I see of it though

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Does Netflix allow you to download episodes to a device so you can watch them later offline? I leave tomorrow to go out of town for a week and it would be great if I could watch it.

Nope. They are rumored to be working on this feature.

j_rocca42

I gotta work until 330 tomorrow. Probably gonna binge the first half of this tomorrow night and then the second half the next day.

Jobbs

Banned
This show is liiiittttttttttttttttttttt

It's so hard having kids in a show and not have them be annoying, but so far it's working out

Done with episode one.

Shit.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

This is NetFlix's highest quality show.

The acting is goddamn on point.

David Harbour and Winona Ryder are killing it.

The kids are amazing as well, but Gaten Matazarro is the best one.

Ep. 2:
Steve is a shit. Holy moley. Like, in episode one he was a bit sleazy, but here he is just a dick. But I also REALLY like how they are drawing very subtle connections between Ted and Steve.

Rootbeer

Banned
Starting Episode 1 now.

Music is already awesome.

Not just the score, which I'm already digging a lot, but the amount of songs from that period just in Episode 1 alone shows they know how important the music is.

*edit* okay S01E01 was enough to convince me they have a good show on their hands. I will be finishing it for sure.

Sadly I have to take a 'break' to watch some of the Star Wars Celebration livestream.

CDX

2 episodes in, and I really like it.

I don't think a previous Netflix original show has drawn me in so quickly. Right now I just want to marathon the remaining episodes asap. I just really like it so far, I hope it stays great the whole 8 episodes.

Watched through the 1st episode and its great so far.
I had reservations when I saw the trailer as I worried it would be too much of a rip-off of ET and the like...but I've been gladly proved wrong. I'm gonna be hooked I think :)

Finished episode 3 now,
sooo..
the Alien take its victims to an alternate dimension and when it kills them do they transport back or does it just toss them away? Though, Will is probably not dead.
Gah, have to stop binge watching.

Well shit,
fake, stuffed kid is one way to get rid of evidence.

Maxrunner

Finished episode 3 now,
sooo..
the Alien take its victims to an alternate dimension and when it kills them do they transport back or does it just toss them away? Though, Will is probably not dead.
Gah, have to stop binge watching.

Well shit,
fake, stuffed kid is one way to get rid of evidence.

was it good?

2 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. Even though I watched the trailer, I had no idea what time period this was set in. Really digging it.

element

on episode 4. So good so far. The score has been amazing, but they pepper in some amazing track selection at the most amazing times.

Spinifex

Holy fucking shit, this show, man. This is one for the ages. I haven't stopped watching and my heart hasn't stopped beating. Just an amazing mix of tension and intrigue.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Too many variables to say one way or another.

Depends what network/cable it was on. What day of the week they aired. What time they aired. How they advertised the show. What other shows was it going up against. Etc.

But yeah, I don't think this show would have done well on Networks.

element

Too many variables to say one way or another.
The way the show is ending up.
No way in hell it would have worked on network or cable. Starting to think it wouldn't work on HBO/Showtime.
It is getting REALLY out there.

Sölf

Finished the first episode. This is really interesting so far. The stuff before the opening had quite an X-Files vibe, but the rest goes into a pretty different direction. Let's see where this is going. I am hooked, and subscribed to this thread.

I just watched the first episode and started on the second. It's got the feeling of a VHS tape on a sleepover.

The setting, including the music and fonts work really well for something of this genre.

Hamlet

Just finished episode 4 and so far this is pretty darn fantastic. Loving the score/soundtrack for the show. It really elevates certain scenes.

bgbball31

Just starting episode 2. Hoping to get most of it watched this morning since I go into work late today. I loved these movies it's referencing, and Super 8 was one of my favorites of that year, so this is right up my alley. Hooked already.

WOW.

Just finished the first episode. Man, this is something else. I'll wait until the GF gets home to watch it again and hopefully binge it during the weekend.

For starters, it's SO good to see kids that can act and that are actually kids and not 20-somethings trying to look like kids. It's honestly refreshing.

I didn't expect it to look so good. Pleasantly surprised; solid cinematography and effects. I mean, obvious CGI and all but it didn't look ridiculous or anything.

They really nailed the 80s look. Reminds me of The Americans which also does a great job with that. The music, the clothes; it's just fantastic.

Winona's not that bad to be fair. But everybody else is just stellar.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes. I have to get to work!

I should add: for anybody that's a child of the 70's and/or loves adventure/fantasy movies with kids (ET, Goonies, Gremlins, Explorers, etc) this is a MUST WATCH. Don't let me down GAF.

edit: these guys know what they're doing. The way the first episode started, man, right in the nostalgia feels. Can't wait to watch it again.

Top Bottom