• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT2| You're thinking how much you want to **** this game aren't you?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Somehow the line
"life is pretty much dealing with an endless string of embarrassment"
hit me hard.

I thought long and hard when
the game asked if I wanted to wipe my save data to save someone. In the end I was like "no, this game isn't fucking around. I think it'll really do it if I say yes" so I said no to go back and handle some unfinished business.

I think I missed a crapton of Project Gestalt logs or something. I have 1-3 from the factory, then like... 9, and that's it

I did it without hesitation. Just felt right.

Also yeah if I remember right a lot of those logs are found when 9S is hacking into the factory during the become as gods segment. It's just the summaries of the first game though, so you can just look up a lore video for that.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I can only post my recommendations so many times :(

I have failed you.
Oh no, I did follow your recommendations actually. I just checked out other quests as I came across them and uhh.. yeah. Those other quests suck lol.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh no, I did follow your recommendations actually. I just checked out other quests as I came across them and uhh.. yeah. Those other quests suck lol.

Ah, okay. Yea, the ones were all okay at best, but most importantly didn't really have much relevance in terms of lore and what not, so I left them out.

Akuun

I'm still not sure if I follow the
"become as gods"
thing.

Is it because the
machines consider their creators gods, and their creators are dead (by their own hand)? So therefore they killed themselves to be more like their creators?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm still not sure if I follow the
"become as gods"
thing.

Is it because the
machines consider their creators gods, and their creators are dead (by their own hand)? So therefore they killed themselves to be more like their creators?

There are various theories about it, some said that
it's triggered by Adam's obsession with studying humanity making him want to feel death, and that sentiment transferring to some of the other robots before he cut himself off the network?

Or it could be that for this sect of robots to choose to proudly take your life means that it's a choice you made freely?

I personally believe that it's that, but also criticism of religion focusing on finding meaning and getting rewarded through death? You literally had suicide bombers running at you lol. It fits with the overall themes dealing with finding meaning in your existence.

Well, I did mentally tell you to buy it... :(

What can you do sometimes...

But thanks for the concern.

Tried to open a Turkish PSN account today since it's the cheapest there (30% off digitally) but got the notoriously unsolvable "missing charges" error. Thankfully I only added 10 lira of credit (about 3 bucks).

A friend said he'd get me the game, he'd been wanting to get me a PS4 game anyways (my birthday was about a week ago). So looks like it's all good.

I replaced my HD with a 2TB SSHD, and when I reinstalled the game, all the cutscenes stutter now. Everything else seems fine though. Has anyone else had this problem? I already plat the game, but I wanted to play again with the dub, and the stuttering is no good.

I replaced my HD with a 2TB SSHD, and when I reinstalled the game, all the cutscenes stutter now. Everything else seems fine though. Has anyone else had this problem? I already plat the game, but I wanted to play again with the dub, and the stuttering is no good.
I'm pretty sure FAR includes a fix for this.

JonnyKong

Route B done! Really liked it towards the end, especially how different it made the factory mission, and the way it included hacking into the final boss fight.

I'm gonna start Route C tomorrow.

Don't read any of the below if you don't want to read my continued hate for this game (through middle of ending C)

Well after ANOTHER two month break I came back to this shit ass game (now doing ending C) and well, it's ass shit again. I have to fight these robots while 2B heals but this fight has been going on for 30 minutes and it seems like I haven't actually killed any of them, and they have this EMP blast that fucks up my screen real fucking bad so in addition to not being able to fight I can't see.

And now there's another fight with multiple units (five to be exact) and they just keep respawning? Does this fight ever fucking end?

ajim

Don't read any of the below if you don't want to read my continued hate for this game (through middle of ending C)

Well after ANOTHER two month break I came back to this shit ass game (now doing ending C) and well, it's ass shit again. I have to fight these robots while 2B heals but this fight has been going on for 30 minutes and it seems like I haven't actually killed any of them, and they have this EMP blast that fucks up my screen real fucking bad so in addition to not being able to fight I can't see.

And now there's another fight with multiple units (five to be exact) and they just keep respawning? Does this fight ever fucking end?
Lol you know you really don't have to play the game if you hate it that much.

Keep playing tho, interested to see if you change your tune amongst all your angst and expletives haha.

Wait, thirty minutes? How is it lasting that long? I don't it took more than 10 minutes (probably even less).

LotusHD

Banned
Just started my second playthrough.
So.. even the sidequests reset? Do I really have to do all of them again?

If you didn't complete the sidequest, you'll have to do it over again. If you have, then it won't come back. That said, not all sidequests return in Route B and onwards. But don't worry, as no sidequest is permanently missable.

Ambitious

If you didn't complete the sidequest, you'll have to do it over again. If you have, then it won't come back. That said, not all sidequests return in Route B and onwards. But don't worry, as no sidequest is permanently missable.

Sidequests do not reset. They reset only if you hadn't completed them to the very end.

Uh, weird. It's about the first one - The Weapon Dealer's Request. When I talked to the guy for the first time in my second playthrough, he gave me the quest to gather materials again, even though I had completed it in the first playthrough.

LotusHD

Banned
Uh, weird. It's about the first one - The Weapon Dealer's Request. When I talked to the guy for the first time in my second playthrough, he gave me the quest to gather materials again, even though I had completed it in the first playthrough.

Those aren't sidequests, that is actually a main story quest.

Yu Narukami

I have a question about the original Nier. There is some contradictory information out there about ending C and D. Is any weapon missable during playthrough A or B? Which sidequests give a weapon as a reward?

Hektor

I have a question about the original Nier. There is some contradictory information out there about ending C and D. Is any weapon missable during playthrough A or B? Which sidequests give a weapon as a reward?

There isn't a permanently missable weapon. But you can miss them temporaroly, forcing you to replay parts of the gamr yet again

I think those are the sidequests

Disturbing the Sleep of Kings
The Damaged Map
The Magical Stone
A Bridge in Peril

Ascheroth

It's like Yoko Taro is personally haunting your game.
I can't remember any of this happening to me.

Yu Narukami

There isn't a permanently missable weapon. But you can miss them temporaroly, forcing you to replay parts of the gamr yet again

I think those are the sidequests

Disturbing the Sleep of Kings
The Damaged Map
The Magical Stone
A Bridge in Peril
By replaying parts, do you mean a whole playthrough? For instance I miss a weapon in B, then I have to do the whole route again?

Hektor

By replaying parts, do you mean a whole playthrough? For instance I miss a weapon in B, then I have to do the whole route again?

If you enter the final dungeon without all weapons you are gonna have to replay the entire route you are on.
(Unless the only one missing is the one you find in said dungeon ofc)

emag

It's like Yoko Taro is personally haunting your game.
I can't remember any of this happening to me.

"I got all the way to the final boss, Zeus. I got to this section where you walk up to him and start beating the living hell out of him, and you are prompted to repeatedly press circle. So, I kept doing it for a good 5 minutes or so. But my thumbs couldn't take it anymore. So, I paused the game, took a break and switched thumbs and kept mashing, and the freaking thunderfuck wouldn't die. I finally gave up and reset the console hoping I would have better luck next time and the game wouldn't get stuck. NOPE Same shit. The guy just doesn't die. Anyone else have the same problem?"

emag

I read a slight spoiler in that I need internet to enjoy the full game as it was meant to be. Is this true?

To expand upon the previous answer, yes, but you don't need to subscribe to PSN or have a high bandwidth/low ping connection. To give a slightly misleading answer, think of it like having access to ghost data in other games, not synchronous multiplayer. Mild spoilers:
You only *need* a connection during Route/Ending E

To expand upon the previous answer, yes, but you don't need to subscribe to PSN or have a high bandwidth/low ping connection. To give a slightly misleading answer, think of it like having access to ghost data in other games, not synchronous multiplayer. Mild spoilers:
You only *need* a connection during Route/Ending E

Thanks guys, I guess I'll play the game sooner rather than saving it for the future in case servers die out.

Akuun

Oh, one thing I'd like to ask, since I'm pretty sure I was doing this part wrong.

Near the beginning of Route C, when
2B is infected with a virus and needs to go to the abandoned mall, I couldn't jump properly because of the virus kicking in at bad times, and basically got knocked around the map like a ping pong ball, trying to limp my way to the mall.

It's IMO the worst part of the game because I couldn't jump the gaps or ledges needed to get to where I wanted to go, so I had to take the long way, and enemy units kept knocking me off high places and stuff. I actually straight up lost this section and go the bad ending associated with it because I couldn't figure out a good route to take that didn't rely on jumping before it was too late. I got it on my second try, but it still sucked ass because the virus kept kicking in when I knew making a certain jump would save me a ton of time.

Is there a faster way to get to the mall? I had to limp my way all the way around the crater and the buildings near them because I couldn't make (or failed) the jump right next to the crater that led straight to the field in front of the mall.

Hektor

Nope, going the way around is the best way, no secret tricks.

shiiiit, this going to have all the become as gods and this cannot continues that the original soundtrack is missing? and Emil's english theme!?

I don't think they posted a track list yet, but id assume it's a mix of that and new songs that weren't used for the game.

Oh, one thing I'd like to ask, since I'm pretty sure I was doing this part wrong.

Going as far right as possible led to a semi-hidden walkable path through a building that let you get back out without jumping.
I think this would have saved a lot of people a lot of frustration... but it also seemed like it was hidden on purpose to test you.

Akuun

Nope, going the way around is the best way, no secret tricks.
Damn, that's really tedious then. So it's normal to have
the infection almost complete by the time 2B gets there?

Going as far right as possible led to a semi-hidden walkable path through a building that let you get back out without jumping.
I think this would have saved a lot of people a lot of frustration... but it also seemed like it was hidden on purpose to test you.
Lol, then I failed that test spectacularly. I tried
going into a few buildings near the beginning of the game, and then wrote them off rather quickly once it became clear that 99% of the buildings in this game can't be entered even though they're full of window holes and the like.

Hektor

the speed at which this happens is actually tied to how close you are, so everybody gets there at 90%

I went straight through the crater no issues. Just pausing and waiting out the stun til I could jump again.

And yes because
the closer you get the faster the meter fills anyway. When I went back to get the ending for failing to make it I ran as close as I could to the bridge without triggering the cutscene just to speed up the progress count

LotusHD

Banned
The part of the game is where it comes in handy that the world isn't very big, because by then, I knew exactly where to go lol

I didn't, so I failed my first attempt. :(
Depressing as it takes you out of the story/game.
The more story heavy a game, the more important not to mess up.

Top Bottom